**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shang-Chi Changes

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

People went for him due to damage not the whole stun lock but people who do stun lock are those that want rewards without putting in real effort and again its not a nerf its just a change of description to apply a different effect than stun sp1 still works the same so nothing has changed
    How is the stun lock any different then quaking champs to death. Why haven't they changed her. There does not say anything in her abilities that she can win a fight with out ever touching anyone. I am understand the stun lock needs to go away 100%, I am saying that they are changing a champ to make him worse then he was on release. If you bought a car with a V8 and then they say you can not have then anymore and put a V6 in, you would be pissed. The v6 does the same thing as the v8 as it makes the car move but the V8 has more power and can go faster. It is the same thing changing the champ after release. It is not right and there for they need to compensate the people who got this champ.
    Quake requires skill why can ghost not be touched also requires skill shang-chi medium light medium then medium light light light medium heavy sp1 constantly wheres the skill as there isnt any different to ronan is ronans requires buffs and very high sig to even stun lock and even then if not many buffs very unreliable but shang-chi was so much more than that
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 192 ★★

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

It's not a nerf. It wasn't intended to happen. A nerf would be that his kit says "infinitely stun lock your opponent by doing this" and then Kabam removes that ability. That's a nerf.
    It is a nerd because they are taking away something that could potentially make a fight easier. That is the definition of a nerf. The stun lock was an accidental thing 100% but it Kabam is changing the champ after release regardless of how you look at it. They should not be able to do that. They are responsible for testing and release. We do not design the champs, just use what is given to us. They should have some accountably , that is all. We have seen this so many times. I know Kabam won't do anything for the players but I think they need to hear the people when they are not happy and when they make a mistake.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I'm not going to burn the forum down because they nerfed him when it was so obvious that it would happen... BUT there should be some compensation like there was with Odin. Shang clearly wasn't intended to have infinite stun-lock, but it's not our fault that kabam still has insufficient testing of new content.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★

It's not a nerf. It wasn't intended to happen. A nerf would be that his kit says "infinitely stun lock your opponent by doing this" and then Kabam removes that ability. That's a nerf.
    It is a nerd because they are taking away something that could potentially make a fight easier. That is the definition of a nerf. The stun lock was an accidental thing 100% but it Kabam is changing the champ after release regardless of how you look at it. They should not be able to do that. They are responsible for testing and release. We do not design the champs, just use what is given to us. They should have some accountably , that is all. We have seen this so many times. I know Kabam won't do anything for the players but I think they need to hear the people when they are not happy and when they make a mistake.
    Was it listed as part of is abilities? No.

Not a nerf.
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

People went for him due to damage not the whole stun lock but people who do stun lock are those that want rewards without putting in real effort and again its not a nerf its just a change of description to apply a different effect than stun sp1 still works the same so nothing has changed
    How is the stun lock any different then quaking champs to death. Why haven't they changed her. There does not say anything in her abilities that she can win a fight with out ever touching anyone. I am understand the stun lock needs to go away 100%, I am saying that they are changing a champ to make him worse then he was on release. If you bought a car with a V8 and then they say you can not have then anymore and put a V6 in, you would be pissed. The v6 does the same thing as the v8 as it makes the car move but the V8 has more power and can go faster. It is the same thing changing the champ after release. It is not right and there for they need to compensate the people who got this champ.
    Quake requires skill why can ghost not be touched also requires skill shang-chi medium light medium then medium light light light medium heavy sp1 constantly wheres the skill as there isnt any different to ronan is ronans requires buffs and very high sig to even stun lock and even then if not many buffs very unreliable but shang-chi was so much more than that
    The stun lock did take some skill. Ronan takes no skill to stun lock but has some requirements like you said, but it is easy when you can use it. Stun lock is part of the game clearly. Again I think they needed to change it, I am not auguring that, I am saying Kabam needs to be held accountable for the champs they release so there should be compensation to anyone that has him.

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

The stun lock did take some skill. Ronan takes no skill to stun lock but has some requirements like you said, but it is easy when you can use it. Stun lock is part of the game clearly. Again I think they needed to change it, I am not auguring that, I am saying Kabam needs to be held accountable for the champs they release so there should be compensation to anyone that has him.
    Theres no need for comp but yes ur right kabam should of thought before hand about how shang chi stun was gonna interact but ronans is different due to is a requirement of 2 things sig and buffs otherwise doesnt work so in abyss at sig 182 it only works one fight where as shang-chi it was most fights so needed a change
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Should Kabam test these things before releasing a champion? Absolutely. But this was discovered 2 days ago, when people had already decided to go form him for his amazing damage and other bits of utility, not the stun lock. We don't need any compensation imo
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Theres no need for comp but yes ur right kabam should of thought before hand about how shang chi stun was gonna interact but ronans is different due to is a requirement of 2 things sig and buffs otherwise doesnt work so in abyss at sig 182 it only works one fight where as shang-chi it was most fights so needed a change
    We agree he needed to be changed, but I do feel like Kabam needs held accountable to this and they should do something for compensation to the people who pulled this champ. If we do not hold them accountable they will keep doing this. Whether you or I like it people did spend real money to buy this champ due to an interaction Kabam did not account for. It is not like you could have gotten this champ for free since he is only in a unit crystal and the arena.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Compensation will likelbe in early June...

Not a nerf.
    Nerf
    /nərf/
    Learn to pronounce
    See definitions in:
    All
    Sport
    Gaming · Informal
    nounTRADEMARK
    adjective: Nerf
    a type of foam rubber used to make toys and sports equipment.
    "Would nothing be dangerous if everything was made out of Nerf?"
    verbINFORMAL•US
    verb: nerf; 3rd person present: nerfs; past tense: nerfed; past participle: nerfing; gerund or present participle: nerfing
    cause to be weak or ineffective.
    "the constant zone running nerfed Michigan's pass rush"
    (of a video game developer) reduce the power of (a character, weapon, etc.) in a new installment or update of a video game.
    noun: nerfing
    "ever since they nerfed the shield, the game just isn't as fun"

The definition says nothing about it has to be in listed in an abilities. They changed the character to make him weaker or less effective. that is a NERF.
    You’re talking absolute rubbish.

Kabam haven’t touched any of his numbers, they’ve just removed a playstyle that, quite frankly, would have broken the game. If you can’t see that you shouldn’t be taken seriously on here.
    Buttehrs said:

Not a nerf.
    Nerf
    /nərf/
    Learn to pronounce
    See definitions in:
    All
    Sport
    Gaming · Informal
    nounTRADEMARK
    verbINFORMAL•US
    verb: nerf; 3rd person present: nerfs; past tense: nerfed; past participle: nerfing; gerund or present participle: nerfing
    (of a video game developer) reduce the power of (a character, weapon, etc.) in a new installment or update of a video game.

The definition says nothing about it has to be in listed in an abilities. They changed the character to make him weaker or less effective. that is a NERF.
    Ok so by this logic it is still NOT a nerf because Shang chi is still super effective and not any weaker.
    Like it or not he is less effective and weaker because now he will not be able to do a stun lock. He will not be able to solo the abyss fights. that would make him worse then he was.

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

We agree he needed to be changed, but I do feel like Kabam needs held accountable to this and they should do something for compensation to the people who pulled this champ. If we do not hold them accountable they will keep doing this. Whether you or I like it people did spend real money to buy this champ due to an interaction Kabam did not account for. It is not like you could have gotten this champ for free since he is only in a unit crystal and the arena.
    Still find comp too much since they didnt remove anything they just simply changed and as said people mainly went for utility and damage if people went for the issue that people calling nerf then there fault for going for him really, maybe kabam will but its not likely but yes kabam really should test this stuff before hand or even the ccp since they are there for a reason so might aswell get them to test for this sort of thing before anything goes live
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★

Should Kabam test these things before releasing a champion? Absolutely. But this was discovered 2 days ago, when people had already decided to go form him for his amazing damage and other bits of utility, not the stun lock. We don't need any compensation imo

I'm not sure they would have ever found this in testing. All the CCP had him and I don't think any of them found it. Though I can't remember exactly who discovered it. It's something that's very specific that would have been hard to catch unless you were looking for that one thing.

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Again, let me introduce you to something called "ToS"-

I understand the TOS, I get it. That does not make it less BS. They should be held accountable that is all. I know they will not, they have done this so many times. Does not mean people can not be upset. People will move on, like always.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Not a nerf.
    Nerf
    /nərf/
    Learn to pronounce
    See definitions in:
    All
    Sport
    Gaming · Informal
    nounTRADEMARK
    verbINFORMAL•US

Ok so by this logic it is still NOT a nerf because Shang chi is still super effective and not any weaker.
    Like it or not he is less effective and weaker because now he will not be able to do a stun lock. He will not be able to solo the abyss fights. that would make him worse then he was.
    Did they change any numbers to hit stats? No. Therefore, not a nerf. You should probably understand the difference between a nerf and a change.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Again, let me introduce you to something called "ToS"-

I understand the TOS, I get it. That does not make it less BS. They should be held accountable that is all. I know they will not, they have done this so many times. Does not mean people can not be upset. People will move on, like always.

Let me introduce you to why they are fine doing this

Bendy said:

Bruh, They haven't changed her because she had been in the game too long and all the tons of people who ranked her would be pissed. They wont let mechanics like this stay in new champs to maintain the balance of the game long term, probably the same reason psycho man was changed
    I get they will not change quake, just an example of something not written into her abilities. That was not intentional. There are also people who have already ranked up shang chi, why would they not be pissed. they just bought him.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Reading this thread some of y'all are a bit overdramatic. Yes, they did change his abilities. No, they did not change his "core abilities." I don't think anyone figured out his stun lock until at least a week until after he was released. He is still a VERY GOOD CHAMP. If you don't want to grind arena for him now, so what? That just lowers the cutoff for everyone else.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    It was to fix a broken mechanic, a nerf is more like what happened to Namor