**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Minimum Point Requirement for Willpower/Mystic Dispersion

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Currently these masteries require a minimum amount of points in the defensive / proficiency mastery tree. If you’re on suicides it’s difficult to be able to run MD/despair/max deep wounds/max coag etc due to these restrictions.

Removing this requirement would allow more flexibility in selecting masteries.

Curious what you all think, if this isn’t possible , it could be a great idea for when the new masteries come as by then , the restriction will be even tighter unless they add on to the level cap.
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    We don't know what their plans are, right? If they didn't have plans to update the masteries I'd say this is a good idea for a "masteries buff" in lieu of the larger overhaul. Loosen the point restrictions so that we can play around with different set-ups more easily. Seems no/low risk to game economy but big quality of life boost for the community at large.

But if they have imminent plans for an overhaul, or close enough, then prob best to wait It out and see what it looks like first.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Tru100 said:

We don't know what their plans are, right? If they didn't have plans to update the masteries I'd say this is a good idea for a "masteries buff" in lieu of the larger overhaul. Loosen the point restrictions so that we can play around with different set-ups more easily. Seems no/low risk to game economy but big quality of life boost for the community at large.

But if they have imminent plans for an overhaul, or close enough, then prob best to wait It out and see what it looks like first.

Yeah that was my rationale, that it would be a nice QoL update. Suicides not only restricts your champions, but also your masteries. For e.g, some dont use MD since they need the minimum point requirement MD requires.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    Yeah, this is one of the main gripes I have with the mastery system. There are so many cool masteries that I would love to check out, but there's just no point in investing in them since I would have to remove something else. It's not a "you can't have all the best ones active at the same time" situation; it's a "why should I even bother unlocking them?" situation.

There are a lot of masteries that are pretty situational, which would be nice to be able to put on and off if the situation calls for it. But I won't sacrifice a ton of damage or healing for a chance to punish evade champions or to put a weakness debuff on them. Then I'll just bring an evade-counter champ or a debuff-heavy champ. Now that I've reached a point in the game where I can fairly easily amasse the units to unlock those masteries, I also have the champs necessary to not give a damn about them.

That feels counter-intuitive, somehow.