**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• 11993451199345 Posts: 357 ★★★
    Anyone else see an increase in death matches this week?
  • CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Posts: 20
    As a free to play summoner I will be changing my focus in regards to in-game activities. First and foremost, I will only play the arenas that were unaffected by the May update until I have enough 5* champs that are strong enough to make 100 percenting all milestones in one 6* arena a reality.
    Example: Sunday, Tier 4 Basic Catalyst, Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst, Tier 4 Class Catalyst Arena, and various other special limited time only arenas. Besides non-modified arenas, I will play uncollected/master event quests, at least one alliance quest per week to qualify for glory, and a minimum of 5 alliance wars per season to qualify for rank rewards. My opinion is that my account will receive more benefits from various in-game activities which yield rank up resources versus completing a few 6* arena milestones for some units. Like many other summoners, I could not reach many of the milestones. I will join the 6* arena grind when I have enough 5* champs at a suggested rank that I have already determined to comfortably complete all milestones. With all that being said I feel that the new arenas should remain unchanged. There will definitely be a loss in rewards if the new arenas are modified in any way.
  • CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Posts: 20
    Don't get me wrong. My progression will be slowed down by not playing the new 6* arenas for a period of time. That's why I am focusing on upgrading my 5* roster until I can handle the new 6* arenas. The same people that complain and possibly get the 6* arena rewards nerfed are the same people who will want arena rewards buffed when they are able to comfortably reach all milestones in those same arenas. We have a better chance of holding onto buffed arena rewards than we do at getting nerfed arena rewards reversed to their original buffed state.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

The problem we’ll have is Kabam will be doing a cost benefit analysis on the number of units being used on these arenas versus the old. I’m not sure they care to much if less people or doing them overall. When you see FTP Brian Grant using something like 8,000 units to make sure he gets iBomb there’s gonna be quite a lot of Odins of money being dropped by the top whales to make sure they get there 6* champs.

That’s the only real data Kabam will be collecting. They already have all the other data.

But this doesn`t change if you let the 6 star basic arena be for 4 and 5 star champions only. This will allow a lot of players to get more milestones for units. The scores for the top prices will be lower, but the amount of effort and refreshes will still be the same. It would just mean playing 500 rounds with 5 star champs instead of 6 star champs to get the 6 star basic. The only reason they spend on it is because of the 6 star they earn, not because they can use 6 star champions.
  • Swank777Swank777 Posts: 64
    Lorddrew said:

Swank777 said:

Why did they take so much away to add so little? Is Kabam considering switching it back or is arena just for the top 10%-25% players ig now?

bud even top 1% are saying they have the roster but it takes more time. arguable they still like the change tho for the 6*... they actually spend more units to get those higher scores.
    I want to add that even the grand master crystals are obsolete, you usually get 3* and best is 5*.. wich are useless for act 6 + and arena.
    I can understand that but it still feels completely designed for that top % only before lower/newer player could at least compete in lower arenas that option is gone what's left only the top % of players could hope to compete in this new arena system.
  • 11993451199345 Posts: 357 ★★★
    Lower the champ refresh timer
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

It looks like the definition of "improved" and "fun" is not the same for you as rest of the world.

This is the exact example of the quote "one step forward , two steps backwards"

We are 53 pages deep now Kabam and still no response , this shows how efficient you guys are.

I have never seen 1.5k comments on a thread and will soon have close to 100k views too . Learn before it's too late.

Again, what response do you expect from them? What if they respond they they need 6 months to gather data before they can change the arena, will that be acceptable to you? We have given the feedback, they have said they are discussing on what to do. Badgering them opening multiple threads is not useful.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Where is the silence? We have had someone giving feedback on the topic every day and that is good. What I am against is saying again and again that we need an update or threatening to quit. I and especially kabam don't want people to quit the game, but there was a detailed response 2 days after the arenas changed.

We won’t be able to address this right away, and there will be more Arenas like this before we can implement a new plan.

This was the response. So, these arenas are here to stay for the time being. After sometime, we need to either adjust our gameplay or leave. I am just going to adjust depending on the time I have and try to build my roster to a point that these arenas don't consume too much time.
  • ZeuszeroZeuszero Posts: 54
    Right now 4* and 6* are the only rarity dominant in the three arenas. If we're not going back to an arena for each rarity I have an idea :

- have all refreshing time the same in each arenas (for example 2 hours for the 2*, 3* and 4* and 11h for the 4*, 5*, 6* ; note that 4* can have either 2 or 11h to refresh depending on where it's used) and have an increase in points accordingly
    - maybe reduce the difference in points when PI increases/decreases
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    They say no news is good news, so....
  • Robin_010Robin_010 Posts: 25
    New milestones are too high. Yes I have 50 6* champions, not want to grind hours end hours.
    Bring it back to 4 mil for all the units.
This discussion has been closed.