**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Benefits of Throne Breaker

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
Next month I will probably get enough skill t5CC to r3 one of my skill 6 stars. However, the best option I have is Black Widow Deadly Origins, and I am not sure that she is worth R3.

That is why I wanted to know all the benefits of Throne Breaker.

Are they so good that I may as well R3 Black Widow DO immediately or can I wait until I get a better skill 6 star or one of my current skill 6 stars get buffed?

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Astounds said:

I mean TB benefits are really good. And bwdo is really good so I would say it's worth it, especially if you plan on spending for July 4th. If it was like thor rags or something I would say no, but bwdo is definitely worth a r3, I'm contemplating r3ing mine actually.

I also have 6 star Ghost and Doom. So if I were to get a choice of Skill and Mystic/Tech from next month's t5 class nexus crystal. Should I go for skill to r3 Black Widow DO, or go for Tech/Mystic to eventually R3 Ghost/Doom.

I currently only have 4500 Mystic t5 shards and around 10000 Tech t5 shards
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★

Astounds said:

I mean TB benefits are really good. And bwdo is really good so I would say it's worth it, especially if you plan on spending for July 4th. If it was like thor rags or something I would say no, but bwdo is definitely worth a r3, I'm contemplating r3ing mine actually.

I also have 6 star Ghost and Doom. So if I were to get a choice of Skill and Mystic/Tech from next month's t5 class nexus crystal. Should I go for skill to r3 Black Widow DO, or go for Tech/Mystic to eventually R3 Ghost/Doom.

I currently only have 4500 Mystic t5 shards and around 10000 Tech t5 shards
    Realistically I would see if you get skill and hope to r3 bwdo. You don't wanna bank on t5cc longterm if you're close to TB. You also may not even get skill. I opened 3 this month for cosmic and got 0 cosmic and 0 science which are the ones I wanted.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I'd go with her for tb just for july fourth. The daily crystals are really good, 4 hour are amazing for potions, and overall its really nice. BWDO is a great candidate for r3. Her damage is good, but that extra rank really helps her, whereas Doom will be a beast at r2 and not too much diff at r3.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    I took up Unawakened Morningstar as my first Rank 3 just to get Thronebreaker. To be honest, she sits on AW Defense and I never use her on offense. Nevertheless, even though I pulled a 6 Star Doom 4 days later, I have no regrets taking my MS to Rank 3 to get the Thronebreaker title. It gave me 5% Tier 5 CC every week with the glory store, it gave me access to better deals (spring cleaning for example), and my 4 hour and daily crystals are better (not substantially but still better than Cavs).

Overall, if you can’t form another Tier 5 CC before 4th of July, I’d probably just use it on BWDO before then just for the title and the prestige.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,135 ★★★★★
    I took Terrax to R3 for TB in my alt account. I held off for too long waiting and was missing out on daily crystals, glory store to buy t5c and the monthly calendar. Also, that will open up the carina challenges.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Tbh I say that anyone is worth bringing to R3 for TB just because of all the rewards you can get from Carina Challenges for relatively cheap

yeah very good point. with these, you get access to some easy selectors that could push you to a r3 of an optimal champ

if the worst you can do is R3 BWDO, then i'd say you're doing pretty good. she's a beast.

I can also choose mutant and get a mutant t5 catalyst. However, my only option is Cable
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

if the worst you can do is R3 BWDO, then i'd say you're doing pretty good. she's a beast.

I can also choose mutant and get a mutant t5 catalyst. However, my only option is Cable
    If you have apocalypse for synergy he's pretty nuts. If not bwdo is a great option for a first r3.
    Menkent said:

If you have apocalypse for synergy he's pretty nuts. If not bwdo is a great option for a first r3.
    Unfortunately I only have a 3 star Apocalypse.

The only reason I guess I might wait is for Black Panther Civil War's overhaul. I really think that he is gonna get an insane buff!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Yes, absolutely worth it.
  • Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    Get the first r3 in the bag and it'll make future one's a lot easier. She's fun to play with decent damage output.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    I'd take black panther or bwdo to rank 3 for TB. I'd even consider Korg if you had 5 * or 6* mojo ranked up.

It's actually 25% t5cc you are missing each month; 20% from glory and 5% from the calendar. Plus the daily and 4 hour crystals.

Let alone offers. Get it ASAP!
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

The best benefit is getting to laugh at Cav players complaining about how hard it is to get TB.

I used to be that person, then I started exploring content, TB is pretty easy to get.
    I used to be that person, explored all of what I could and at the end of the day it was down to RNG whether I hit TB or not. Don't discount people's concerns or assume that they haven't explored content. Obviously there are some people who complain meanwhile have barely beat Act 6 but there are a lot of people that RNG has not favoured even though they've put in the work.