**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New arena thoughts??

Kabam will be changing the arenas yet again next thursday and Im wondering what you guys think of the changes??
Are they....

New arena thoughts?? 29 votes

Horrible
6%
-sixate-Renaxqq 2 votes
Very bad
3%
No_oneuk 1 vote
Bad
13%
Denzel116pvrsunnyraviXsharmaSearmenis 4 votes
Okay
20%
CanuckDownUnderAaronc94hermTopgunGodliekSurfinwalrus 6 votes
Good
17%
Grootman1294FlintTheSavageSarvanga1_Yodabolt21_wasabi_ 5 votes
Very Good
24%
pseudosanePrathapMoeyTehrHeroesforhire18_ChaosMax1012SHIELD4AGENTgroundedmaster20005 7 votes
Amazing
13%
silentagFit_Fun9329GiuliameijVedant_Mehta 4 votes

Comments

• Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Good
    At least they're listening to us. Glad to see the milestones tuned down
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I don't know what the milestone changes will be yet, do you?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    I’m bummed that 6* champs will pull the same points as 5*, but I barely play arena as is so 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Very bad
    still not as good as it was before.... wtf
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Okay
    The thing is, with the 6* point nerf, there's basically no change if you grind both milestones. According to my rough calculations, 6*s atm are currently worth around double the number of points compared to 5*s (6*r1 ~ 20k, 5*r4 ~ 10k). So essentially, if we disregard the changes to the milestones, if you had the roster to use only 6*s in both arenas previously, you would have to do double the work. When we plug this in with the milestone changes, we get something like this:

Featured arena (changed from 16 to 12 mil): 2 times the work * 12/16 amount of milestone grind = 24/16 = 1.5 times the work

Basic arena (changed from 16 to 4 mil): 2 times the work * 4/16 amount of milestone grind = 8/16 = 0.5 times the work

When we average the two values to determine the total grind, we get this: (0.5 times the work + 1.5 times the work)/(2 arena grinds) = 2/2 = 1 times the amount of work

Obviously, this math is far from perfect. But even so, it's worth considering. Not to mention, this seems exactly like something kabam would do.

Additional notes: if you didn't have the 6* roster to do both arenas, this will undoubtedly be better than it was before. However, this is still way more work than what anyone had to do prior to the introduction of the 6* arenas.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Amazing
    Wicket329 said:

I’m bummed that 6* champs will pull the same points as 5*, but I barely play arena as is so 🤷🏻‍♂️

But only for the basic arena, in the featured arena they still give their full points. So they are basically the same as the old 4* featured and 5* featured arena.
  • SurfinwalrusSurfinwalrus Posts: 33
    Okay
    Still waiting for 5* basic though
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I can’t understand this logic. Changing the milestone tuning down to almost nothing by two or three and then nerfing the 6* champions arena points just because we wanted the milestones to be changed? Kinda punishing.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Horrible
    Worse than it is currently imo
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Bad
    I waited to see the results of these updated arenas before getting in to a conclusion, and it was really disappointing. I ended up 6-10% when I usually go 1-5%, with 24M. Really, Really disappointed. I hoped that the players will split between them, but apparently this didn't worked this way. An now, for us that we can only play one arena, there's less units, fewer milestones, and spending even more time to MAYBE get the same results.