**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is magik still a god?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    @LibertyPrimeV1 That's a good point about Mystic Dispersion. Your other point about her synergies is also valid and one of the reasons why I'm thinking of ranking her up. I have both Warlock and Morningstar as 6*s, so she'd slot in well. I also really like her synergy with Red Magneto (even if it just benefits him).

However, I do think that the fact that those synergies make her so much better is still somewhat telling. 50% additional attack, 67% crit rate and 55% crit damage (if my math is correct for those last two) while in Limbo are absolutely champ-changing numbers, in my opinion. Maybe you could make the argument that it allows her to compete further into the endgame even as just a 5*, but I still think it shows that her base kit is a little bit lacking in damage at times.

At the same time, it also shows that any changes to make her really good don't have to be especially substantial. :smile:
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Top 5 mystic without doubt ...and #1 in power control...she was so helpful with magneto bosses in 7.2 and certain lanes....!!!
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes. There are champions that power drain. There are champions that power steal. There are champions that power lock. But there's only one champion who does all three.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

She still has one of the most potent power control mechanics in the game and Limbo can be such a clutch save in a lot of cases.

The one thing that can annoy me is that there is never a reason to use her other special attacks. Why would you EVER sacrifice her power control to nullify a couple of buffs? Her SP3 can hit like a freight train if the opponent has a lot of buffs, but the cost of choosing that instead of her SP2 is hard to justify. However, if you keep the opponent power-locked for the entire fight you also end up losing a lot of her damage potential. I don't really think she needs a buff, but it would be nice to have an incentive to use her other special attacks. That would make her a more balanced character. One thing that tends to be said about her is that she doesn't do much damage, and while that is true she has the potential to do a lot of damage. Let's unlock that potential, please.

All that being said, I'm really tempted to take my 5* Magik up to r5. I've had her at r4 for years which has been good enough for me, but she's definitely on my shortlist when it comes to mystic rank-ups.

Random thought: They could set it up so every time she gets limbo in the fight, she also places an indefinite blank buff on the opponent, sort of like Ebony Maw's ability to place a 0-effect Fury with SP1. At some point (in those longer fights in endgame content) you launch her sp3 and it nullifies those buffs for the stated bonus damage that's already in her kit. This makes her awakened ability even better (but still works without it, only less frequent limbos).
    That's a really nice little buff idea. I could certainly see it happening as a synergy; but hopefully she'll get a numbers buff some time; and that could be part of it.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Well, based on people here saying champs like sassy and sw are better than magik, I’m gonna say yeah, people are sleeping on her, because she’s 10000000x better than those
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I used her on Cavalier mystic path. You can powerlock & spam heavy
    https://youtu.be/MCtWns_AnUI
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    Still the best power control champ
  • Options
    _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    atm using her for act 5.3/5.4, beast mode champ