Options

Which fight did you struggle with the most in the Gauntlet with the team you chose?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,121 ★★★★★
Without contest, Sassy (attacking with Quake) was by far the most stressful encounter for me out of all them. With Mojo coming in second place probably, a distant second. Alliance mates that are better Quakers than I were explaining it, but I just couldn't get things to line up...like after many attempts.

This is him surviving my sp3 at 1% after I spent 4 minutes building up to it and then working his health back down, to finally knock him down one last time and end the suffering... definitely a "bruh" moment

The tree trunk he's hauling off is filled with my units...

After many botched attempts... finally he goes down.

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,848 ★★★★★
    Why didn't you just use AA for him?
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 747 ★★★★
    The void just annoyed me.. running Suicides.

After a few botched efforts I just took them off for that fight

• Options
    chaos12996chaos12996 Posts: 169 ★★
    Can void solo sassy and dragon man?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Was running quake ghost aa wasp hood, worst fight was dragon man mainly just because I’m a meh Quaker
  • Options
    GagoH said:

Why didn't you just use AA for him?

Oh.. trust me, I was really wishing I had him on the team at that point. 😅 He just didn't make the team based on everything else, but if I had it to do again, I might have brought him. As far as my level of Quaking skills, I'd say I'm pretty capable. I'm certainly not pro-level (obviously, Sassy was kind enough to demonstrate that for me), but did manage to solo a few fights with her. But when it comes to unorthodox matches, like an enhanced healing/Lifecycle Sassy I had apparently discovered a weakness in my Quakery:)
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Korg was no fun with my team. He definitely got me the most

No doubt, he looked nasty... one of the reasons I brought Quake, for sure :) I don't think I solo'd him (or another skill champ) but 1 revive on a 130k noded up Korg? I'll take that gladly any day.
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    After a no counter on sansquash and a mandatory restart my worse fight definetely was korg.. I never felt so violated since I started playing this game
  • Options
    edited June 2021

After a no counter on sansquash and a mandatory restart my worse fight definetely was korg.. I never felt so violated since I started playing this game

Oof, sorry man. That sucks. It's pretty brutal that Sassy was placed in the final section too. I eventually got him down, but for a minute, I really did think I wasn't going to be able to get the timing right with Quake. Thought I was stuck myself. But Yeah at least she physically capable of doing it with the right skill/timing/luck. To have zero chance of killing him must have really sucked.

Yeah, Korg looked brutal without Quake. Part of the reason I went with her on the team for sure.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Lvernon15 said:

Was running quake ghost aa wasp hood, worst fight was dragon man mainly just because I’m a meh Quaker

Yeah, I guess I never did list my team. Ghost, Wasp, Quake, Mags and Namor. Namor and Mags put in some work for me.
  • Options
    Monk1 said:

The void just annoyed me.. running Suicides.

After a few botched efforts I just took them off for that fight

Yup, I hardly ever turn them off unless I'm absolutely forced to. Wasn't looking forward to him at all, but I managed ok with Ghost for the most part.
  • Options

Not sure, don't play him tbh. Sorry
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

In theory yes, he would be a great option for both, dman just need to hope he plays into you or you get an early petrify at the start
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Korg. The most painful fight ever. I would rather chip away abyss collector.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,256 ★★★★★
    Sassy for me same reason terrible time to know him down and kil him so hard my favorites fight was wep x almost sole him
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Strangely, Thing. I Quaked everyone else just fine but I really struggled with Thing, I’ve never Quaked him before and his attacks are very quick and uneven.

Guess I should have practised.
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

Oof, sorry man. That sucks. It's pretty brutal that Sassy was placed in the final section too. I eventually got him down, but for a minute, I really did think I wasn't going to be able to get the timing right with Quake. Thought I was stuck myself. But Yeah at least she physically capable of doing it with the right skill/timing/luck. To have zero chance of killing him must have really sucked.

Yeah, Korg looked brutal without Quake. Part of the reason I went with her on the team for sure.
    What was worse is that I was too stubborn and kept trying,wasted 4k units,new masteries included and from 40% hp end up in 45% after 4k unit🥲🥲
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Mojo, he took a quarter of my revives for my run.
    It really shouldn't have been a problem at all since I knew he would need a counter going in.
    My genius decision was to take Doom for him completely forgetting I had a r5 torch in my roster.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Dragonman & Void
    My team ws Apoc, AA, Fury, Mags, Gulk
    Apoc & AA were the MVPs
  • Options

Strangely, Thing. I Quaked everyone else just fine but I really struggled with Thing, I’ve never Quaked him before and his attacks are very quick and uneven.

Guess I should have practised.

Yeah, the more practice the better for Quaking each character. I managed a solo on him, but only because I've Quaked him a bunch in alliance content in the past. I think the fights I did not solo with her (aside from the obvious - unit fest on Sassy) were Korg and one other skill champ (can't remember which). 1-2 revives on them each. In some cases, if I died with Quake and didn't heal beyond 40%, with boosts she can actually die from suicides. But I figured, that's fine. If I made it long enough to die from Poison, it's a decent run. It's worth the extra damage she's doing to these guys at 120-130k pi.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Void
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    Terrax and Korg (because unless I'm using Falcon, I suck against him lol)

I didn't have a true counter for Terrax so I relied on probably THE absolute best I've ever played to get him down. and Korg ... it took me some wasted attempts until I realized Ghost worked great against him.