**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cosmic Rank 5/Rank 3 poll...

TROUBL3DTROUBL3D Posts: 161
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
Current R5 champs are; Magik, Cap WWII, X-23, Hulk, Electra, Star-Lord, Iceman.

No 5* champs above rank 2, so far.

Cosmic Rank 5/Rank 3 poll... 53 votes

4* Angela (awakened)
33%
Alfa_PigeonPalanthraxJlw11vg2782Vision_41_LivingDeadGirlHeroBoltsySpiked_Seltzer1Jim0172Greenstrokevinniegainzace007venturaKorporate_KurtDarkmaliceshchong2Hellstorm_HugsForEveryoneClaydeeezy 18 votes
4* Captain Marvel (awakened)
5%
RbvojtikStefffSpity68 3 votes
5* Drax (not awakened)
15%
RagamugginGunnerYellsomeItay1234212SpeedbumpKihlgastKingCrooksAlCapone2727LiquidButt 8 votes
5* Ronan (awakened)
26%
TheLazyKingJarekmum_m2StefanjonesXillymanHazerfaceriho1haunted_memoryShaheerFIazSgtAnime1RafamateAgentEdwardDingaloedder123 14 votes
5* Captain Marvel (not awakened)
9%
BigMoJwallace25cjs8000veector26TommJSD 5 votes
Wait for better option...if so, who?
9%
Superman69FrodoT_BagginsbuttersLMF1745Leanonymous214 5 votes

Comments

• 4* Angela (awakened)
    100% Angela
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    5* Drax (not awakened)
    100% drax. Fury and bleed. Both stack like crazy. If your defense is on point, this offense ends fights fast. Drax.
  • TROUBL3DTROUBL3D Posts: 161
    edited November 2017
    Ronan getting more votes than I expected. I thought it would be between Drax and Angela, or wait for someone better, like Hyperion...
    Wow. Ronan and Angela completely tied. Honestly, I never expected Ronan to get so much love...I'm aware of his stun ability, but I can't think of another stand-out use for him.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    5* Ronan (awakened)
    TROUBL3D wrote: »
    Wow. Ronan and Angela completely tied. Honestly, I never expected Ronan to get so much love...I'm aware of his stun ability, but I can't think of another stand-out use for him.

it's because he's an awakened 5* with good utility. He's better in the long run. Angela doesn't need to be awakened, the fact that she is awakened is of little bonus to her. People are on the hype train with her because she can hit hard.

Ask yourself this, would you rather rank 4 a 3* or rank 3 a 4*? It's the same question as ranking a 5* to 3 and a 4* to 5.
    edited November 2017
    I get that, but I don’t think I’m ever likely to use him. Yeah, of course I’d rather rank a 5* to 3 over ranking a 4* to 5, but only if the 5* champ is someone I’m likely to get good use out of, otherwise, what’s the point? Personally, I’m torn between 5* Drax and 4* Angela, or just saving the t4 class cats for someone else.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    I have Ronan 5* awakened at rank 3 and his stun is very useful. He can stun on all his specials 100%.
  • RafamateRafamate Posts: 38
    5* Ronan (awakened)
    Ronan is the only option here. Any 4* is a dying champ nowadays. Ronan besides his long stuns has increased attack based on opponents buff. Poison immune and smashes map 6. It's a no brainer
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    5* Drax (not awakened)
    dont waste resources on 4s unless its one of the god tiers. either do drax or ronan...i say drax
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    4* Angela (awakened)
    I get that, but I don’t think I’m ever likely to use him. Yeah, of course I’d rather rank a 5* to 3 over ranking a 4* to 5, but only if the 5* champ is someone I’m likely to get good use out of, otherwise, what’s the point? Personally, I’m torn between 5* Drax and 4* Angela, or just saving the t4 class cats for someone else.

I agree with you, and here's why. Everyone keeps on banging on about how 4*s are "dying", but they forget that a 4* at rank 5 is virtually identical to the same 5* at rank 3. Same challenger rating, the 5* has slightly higher stats but not significantly higher.

So, the only question you have to ask yourself is:

"Do I want to take this 5* champion to rank 4 in the future?"

In other words, would you really be willing to sink 4 T2As into Ronan at any point in the future? I know how I would answer that question, and I also know how pretty much everyone who voted for Ronan in this poll would answer it.

The fact is, Ronan is not a desirable champ to invest T2As into, you want a Hyperion, Angela or Medusa for that.

So who's better, a 4* R5 Angela or a 5* R3 Ronan? Angela, of course. Any day of the week.

Now if your 5* Drax was duped, it would be another discussion entirely...
    Palanthrax wrote: »

I agree with you, and here's why. Everyone keeps on banging on about how 4*s are "dying", but they forget that a 4* at rank 5 is virtually identical to the same 5* at rank 3. Same challenger rating, the 5* has slightly higher stats but not significantly higher.

So, the only question you have to ask yourself is:

"Do I want to take this 5* champion to rank 4 in the future?"

In other words, would you really be willing to sink 4 T2As into Ronan at any point in the future? I know how I would answer that question, and I also know how pretty much everyone who voted for Ronan in this poll would answer it.

The fact is, Ronan is not a desirable champ to invest T2As into, you want a Hyperion, Angela or Medusa for that.

So who's better, a 4* R5 Angela or a 5* R3 Ronan? Angela, of course. Any day of the week.

Now if your 5* Drax was duped, it would be another discussion entirely...

Exactly the point I was trying to make, but you said it better.