Options

Do you think cable is worth R3 if I already have Apoc at R3

CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Title says it all. I have an extra mutant T5 ATM thanks to gauntlet and my apoc is already r3 and my warlock is already r3 who has a nice synergy with cable as well so heavily leaning towards doing it just don't want it to not be worth it so wanted to get some opinions. Also my cable is already duped and r2 as well.

I know I could hold it and wait to pull like professor x or something but that will probably take forever especially since when I finish exploring abyss I'm probably picking cosmic for my nexus choice.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I have apoc at r3 and cable at r2. I’d hold it. Cable is amazing but not sure he’s gonna gain much more. I think his heavy goes up about 3k attack, which of corse is scaled. Save it.
  • Options

I have apoc at r3 and cable at r2. I’d hold it. Cable is amazing but not sure he’s gonna gain much more. I think his heavy goes up about 3k attack, which of corse is scaled. Save it.

What I was thinking originally it's just the more I use him the more I think we'll Everytime I bring apoc and warlock I bring cable along as well plus if I r3 him then there's less need to make him a horseman and I can keep apocs charges too
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Totally, i have a r3 Apoc and took Cable to r3 over Sunspot, Namor, Emma, and Havok.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★
    Idk, depends on your other mutant r3s or other mutants in general.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Totally, i have a r3 Apoc and took Cable to r3 over Sunspot, Namor, Emma, and Havok.

I should have specified that i am at 100% of everything, so Cable was a good/fun choice.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,193 ★★★★★
    Yes.
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    Try to think a bit, who you would rank up over him, if you think they need dupe/high sig or if they benefit of masteries you (don't) have.
    Personally, I would rank him, as mutants are pretty spoiled with dupes and sigs, but Cable is whole package unduped. And he is great duo with Warlock.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,737 ★★★
    If u do use cable as horseman, run max bleed suicides and ur set
  • Options
    KobikobsKobikobs Posts: 140
    I would say yes since him and apoc are attached at the hip
  • Options
    Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    i ranked him even unduped and my apocalypse is only 5* r5, in ur case is a no brainer, i enjoy them both so much
    The fast and easy going damage of cable is amazing
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    What’s the probability that Cable is on the buff list? Even as a numbers update?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

What’s the probability that Cable is on the buff list? Even as a numbers update?

Low. Especially because of how good and easily accessible his Apoc synergy is.
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 505 ★★
    My 6* Apoc is dupped and r3. My 6* cable is dupped and r2. I use them together but maybe I’m missing something. Basically, Cable gives Apoc max charges and Apoc gives Cable stackable degen. Is that all? I know the stacking degens are nice but is it enough to r3 Cable? I have 6* prof x, red mags, and colossus as possible r3 options.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Low. Especially because of how good and easily accessible his Apoc synergy is.
    I believe the same. We can hope though.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    R3worthy is in the eye of the catalyst holder.
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 505 ★★
    Does Mr. Fantastic need his dup to be good? My 6* is at r2 and he’s been fun but I don’t think I really know how to use him the best way yet.
  • Options

My 6* Apoc is dupped and r3. My 6* cable is dupped and r2. I use them together but maybe I’m missing something. Basically, Cable gives Apoc max charges and Apoc gives Cable stackable degen. Is that all? I know the stacking degens are nice but is it enough to r3 Cable? I have 6* prof x, red mags, and colossus as possible r3 options.

If you have other/better options then r2 would probably be fine for cable but for me where I don't have any other 6* mutants worth ranking up and where I already bring apoc and cable everywhere together it's more worth it. And yes that's the basics of it but for my situation specifically to put in perspective my cable is duped so when I have him out with apoc and warlock every heavy attack I do hits for 20K+ damage in degens plus the damage from the heavy attack itself and every time I fill a bar of power I have a 40% chance to gain an extra half bar of power and a 25% chance to Regen 6315 health and that's all without even making him a horseman. Lately I've been running half suicides (just double edge and a couple points in coagulate and 1 point in WP) so if I make him a horseman than I get extra health from WP via DE since I'm bleed resistant along with the prowess and other horseman benefits.

Okay I think I've talked myself into r3ing him if I don't pull any other worthwhile mutants while I'm waiting for all the t4 mutant cats I need

• Options
    :)