**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summer of Pain claims its first (idiotic) victim

Comments

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Is it any wonder now why @Karatemike415 is hyped for the Diablo buff?#SatanConfirmed
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

I'm actually pretty decent on Korg fights these days. I can evade SP1 fairly reliably, I have the basics of the fight down pretty solid. If I actually brought anything that could deal shock damage, maybe I could have gotten past that fight easier, but still, with some potions and revives I got past him.

Before someone reads this and make a mistake, just want to point out that Korg is fully shock immune :D
    I think that was actually an intellectual joke. By this I am saying DNA knows this, and was saying “I could have done better using a champ that doesn’t directly counter him” or maybe his brain is mush at this point and he was actually talking nonsense.
  • Options
    Demo1143Demo1143 Posts: 2
    The korg fight is very tough with the team you brought. I quaked it and used 1? revive or so. But you could have used mags for the sassy and mojo fights. That’s what I did. I brought a very similar team: mags, quake, magik, bwcv, and venom. I used about 1600 units total, with a good potion stash and limited stash revives, mostly on void as I was running suicides.

On sassy, you had the heal block synergy with magik on the team. So just heavy to heal block. I used quake to get him into healing range, then finished with mags. It did take a few revives to get a handle on how best to finish the fight. Mojo is a mags fight. Heal to full, slap on a mutant power boost, parry heavy (but don’t charge the heavy as the temporary prowess charges could trigger degen) then fire the SP3. Maybe it’s a revive or two.
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    750 units ftw
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    This sounds like my experience with this month’s Cav EQ exploration which I did for the first time ever since I started playing this game less than a year ago…but obviously not on the same level of difficulty as the Gauntlet. Interesting read.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 hilarious post. Seriously what I would have done.

I gave GG a half-hearted effort before going off the grid for about 10 days on a trip.

Came back and dropped 6* DM on Summer of Pain Rogue without a lot of issues (other than a pair of dropped inputs that cost me revives).

Started planning a rushed GG run before I read this post. May just enjoy the next day or two and wait for it to come back. 😁

Cheers!
    Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

I'm actually pretty decent on Korg fights these days. I can evade SP1 fairly reliably, I have the basics of the fight down pretty solid. If I actually brought anything that could deal shock damage, maybe I could have gotten past that fight easier, but still, with some potions and revives I got past him.

Before someone reads this and make a mistake, just want to point out that Korg is fully shock immune :D
    I think that was actually an intellectual joke. By this I am saying DNA knows this, and was saying “I could have done better using a champ that doesn’t directly counter him” or maybe his brain is mush at this point and he was actually talking nonsense.
    Mush.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Tough break mate, let's hope the next round of SoP isn't too painful.
  • Options
    Bulmkt said:

Did Someone say Units-Man???

Units Man has no units?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Bulmkt said:

Did Someone say Units-Man???

Units Man has no units?
    He keeps them on his units belt, he doesn't trust the Bank of Kabam to hold them for him.
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    This thread should be renamed as "Darker Side of DNA3000"
  • Options
    Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    At least SoP day 2 will not cost as much... Hopefully.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Was so confused when you started talking about SoP so in depth in a gauntlet post but it made sense in the end. Honestly, I’m impressed you made it all the way with those champs, regardless of units. Quite a long slog.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

Hoitado said:

I did it with Ghost and one 20% Revive after hours of trying

I skipped the "hours of trying" and just used a revive after 5 minutes.
    Stop letting the youtubers brainwash you. You dont get any extra rewards for solo-ing that fight.
    It does save you resources though. Maybe that guy was trying to save resources but in the end just gave up and used a revive.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Crys23 said:

Hoitado said:

I did it with Ghost and one 20% Revive after hours of trying

I skipped the "hours of trying" and just used a revive after 5 minutes.
    Stop letting the youtubers brainwash you. You dont get any extra rewards for solo-ing that fight.
    No you don't but there's another 2 months of fights to come and they may need resources whereas this was a fight that just required a bit of finesse. I enjoyed it to be honest, I started only getting 25% down and comfortably soloed it by the next day and I'm a lot better at intercepts and I can probably speak for a lot of us when I say that my spacing with Rogue's SP1/2 and heavies is pretty much perfect now.
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

That was a good read man, my expirience was worse unfortunately, can be so painful.. Either way congrats for finishing it!

Worse? Did your phone battery explode, or did you accidentally tap on Iron Man in your Nexus.crystal?

Well, summer of pain was easy. If I go with post title 😂, it was not worse.

But gauntlet expirience was worse, I used maybe 7 or 9k units and I had to quit out at sansquash, I want to quickly forget those few days of my life so I am not sure of the exact ammount.. Ammount included buying new masteries and hell a lot desperation tries to get him down.. Couldn't even auto fight for few days, even unistalled game

After few days I end up redoing it and that cost a considerable ammount again because I had no stash at all and korg happened

So yea, you can say it was worse, if u consider it as gauntlet expirience and not summer, atleast units was grinded from arena and now I am back at 15k for 4th offers
  • Options
    JSourp said:

At least SoP day 2 will not cost as much... Hopefully.

I think I have the champs for Mr Sinister. And if I need to rank something up for him, there's always the Abyss.
  • Options
    _Sham_ said:

I don't have time to read this wall of text but curious to know how you find time to write all this and still have time to grind arena?

I grind arena while doing other things, like watching Youtube or TV, so it doesn't take dedicated time. Sometimes I just sit back and relax and listen to music, and downshift my arena grind to a very slow ten rounds an hour or something, which I can do without even thinking about it.

Forum posts take time to write, but probably not as much as you think they do.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    DNA3000 said:” Still I was making slow progress with She Hulk”

I see we’re making puns now.
  • Options
    Anyone wondering if I had any plans to tackle the Abyss in between runs of Summer of Pain week two, sorry to disappoint you but I took a few swings at it and then just used Warlock and a couple revives. I'm resting up for week four, when the Thronebreaker objectives arrive. Surely, if those aren't enough to bait me into doing something dopey, the final challenge probably will.

I remember when I was a much younger MCOC players and I walked away from the Maze. I was so much smarter then.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

I dunno if i should laugh or cry. Maybe a bit of both?