**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Iron Fist Freezeout

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
With the monthly buffs of old and semi-old champs (which is very much appreciated), I am nevertheless left to wonder: why does Iron Fist never seem to get any attention?

Although he can dish out a lot of ABs when duped, his firepower falls well short of even the current mid/upper tier champs. And damage is really all he has—IF holds no immunities, cannot regen, has literally ~0~ armor rating (check the stats if you don’t believe me), and boasts one of the shorter and less impressive abilities profiles in MCoC.

My hope, of course, is that a total overhaul is in the works and that it requires significant resources and will all be revealed soon. Iron Fist is a Marvel mainstay since the mid-1970s, the mystical counter to Luke Cage’s street brawl style. He took down a SHIELD heli-carrier with a single punch, has near superhuman reflexes and endurance, possesses a high degree of fighting skill, can heal himself and others and sometimes possesses psychic abilities. He’s a regular MCoC Shang-Chi in comics, but in game, he’s not even an afterthought.

What better kind of champ to recreate than one who possesses such a wealth of abilities to draw from?

In any game, every character can’t (and shouldn’t) be great. But when I see buffs for Ronin, Guillotine, Bishop, Angela—all decent to good champs already—I fear the team has punted on Iron Fist. I’m sure most players have him and few would buy crystals featuring him, but that shouldn’t be a reason to leave him as is.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Each champion will have their time to have the deserved Buff, from the mystic class, the Juggernaut is the worst champion, it has no use, not even for AW defender it is no longer useful, one of the characters with the greatest brute strength, which in the game is among the weakest.
  • Options
    Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★
    Iron fist best mystic tho
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Why did you make a separate thread instead of the character wishlist area
    Also I think they should prioritize the AVENGERS and people like Spider-Man+Deadpool+Electro since they are more popular. But overall I think they choose pretty randomly. Also also, I think Kamala Khan is gonna get buffed soon since she was in all 3 buff polls
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Would you be able to do like a iron fist buff post? Listing the abilities and stuff you would like him to have?
  • Options
    Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    DrZola said:

With the monthly buffs of old and semi-old champs (which is very much appreciated), I am nevertheless left to wonder: why does Iron Fist never seem to get any attention?

Although he can dish out a lot of ABs when duped, his firepower falls well short of even the current mid/upper tier champs. And damage is really all he has—IF holds no immunities, cannot regen, has literally ~0~ armor rating (check the stats if you don’t believe me), and boasts one of the shorter and less impressive abilities profiles in MCoC.

My hope, of course, is that a total overhaul is in the works and that it requires significant resources and will all be revealed soon. Iron Fist is a Marvel mainstay since the mid-1970s, the mystical counter to Luke Cage’s street brawl style. He took down a SHIELD heli-carrier with a single punch, has near superhuman reflexes and endurance, possesses a high degree of fighting skill, can heal himself and others and sometimes possesses psychic abilities. He’s a regular MCoC Shang-Chi in comics, but in game, he’s not even an afterthought.

What better kind of champ to recreate than one who possesses such a wealth of abilities to draw from?

In any game, every character can’t (and shouldn’t) be great. But when I see buffs for Ronin, Guillotine, Bishop, Angela—all decent to good champs already—I fear the team has punted on Iron Fist. I’m sure most players have him and few would buy crystals featuring him, but that shouldn’t be a reason to leave him as is.

Dr. Zola

Yeah, it's really sad that the only time people are thinking of this guy is when they are disappointed about pulling him from a crystal. He would be an awesome character. Holding heavy to charge up Chi Potential. Once you've reached 10 Chi Potential, Use a Sp3 to turn them into Chi Power, which could act like Red Hulks ability, when you hit the opponent there is plenty of after damage
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Definitely had him on my list of most wanted buffs for a long while. Along with him are and Marvel and Cap Marvel OG, Black Bolt (just a soft spot for me, but he’s similar to Mags in his power levels in comics), OG Cap and WW2, Cyclopes (yes, I spelled that right, multiple cyclopses), OG DD, Iron Man and SIM and IP, OG Spidey, and Storm.

It’s fine to boost up some champs that aren’t doing well, but I agree that picking champs that have pretty decent abilities, or at least some abilities is better than this:

• Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    H3t3r said:

Would you be able to do like a iron fist buff post? Listing the abilities and stuff you would like him to have?

Here is a rework idea I had

Iron Fist

Class: Mystic

Iron fist gains a x% chance to absorb incoming Energy damage and redirect it at his opponent. (Chance increases with sig)

True accuracy: Iron Fist gains True Accuracy throughout the fight ignoring the effects of evade, autoblock and Armor
    ---‐-------------------------------------------------------------
    Chi charges: Iron Fist becomes more and more powerful as he gains Chi charges. Iron fist can carry chic charges over to the next fight through persistence .

When performing a well timed block or dodge: Gain 2 chi charges

When finished a combo with a light attack: gain 2 chi charges

When throwing a special attack: Gain 10 chi charges

Whenever struck: 50% chance to gain 1 chi charge chance increases to 75% against Cosmic Champions and decreases to 20% against Science Champions
    ---------------‐----------------------------------------------
    Poison resistance: Mystical healing abilities allow Iron fist to reduce the potency of incoming Poison debuffs by 50%

Chi Strength: Dashing back and holding a block for 1.4 seconds will consume all active chi charges. For each charge consumed Iron Fist gains a Fury buff increasing his damage by x% for 12 seconds

Chi Healing: whenever any chi charges are active Iron fist Regeneration 0.05% of his health per second for each chi charge

Immortality: whenever Iron Fist would be knocked out he consumes all active chi charges and gains an Immortality buff for 4 seconds plus 1 additional second per chi charge consumed. While Immortality is active Iron fist regenerates x amount of health per second and gains an indestructible buff preventing all incoming damage

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Physical resist: Iron fist begins the fight with 4 Physical resist stacks each reducing physical damage by x%. 1 stack is removed for every 8 hits Iron Fist recieves

Medium attacks: gain a 75% chance to inflict an armor break debuff reducing Opponent armor rating by x% for 8 seconds

Armor Shatter: if the opponent is inflicted with more than 5 armor break debuffs the debuffs are removed and replaced with an armor shatter debuff reducing opponent armor rating by x% for 10 seconds.

Guarantee critical hit: While the opponent is suffering from Armor Shatter all Medium attacks are guaranteed to be critical.

Heavy attack: 100% chance to inflict a stagger passive instantly removing the next buff triggered by the Opponent. If the opponent is suffering from an armor shatter debuff 100% chance to refresh the armor shatter debuff

Special 1: 100% chance for each hit to inflict an Armor Break debuff reducing opponents armor rating by x% for 8 seconds

Special 2: 100% chance to Power burn up to 1 full bar of power. If the opponent is suffering from Armor Shatter they are also inflicted with a Power Lock debuff preventing them from gaining power from any source for 12 seconds

Special 3: any active Armor Shatter Debuff is paused for 2 seconds. If no armor shatter debuff was active, inflict opponent with an Armor shatter debuff lasting 10 seconds.
    If Iron Fist ends the fight with the 3rd attack he begins the next fight with 10 additional Chi charges

Heroes for hire (Iron Fist, Luke Cage, She-Hulk)

Iron Fist: Armor Break/Armor Shatter debuff duration gains an additional 3 seconds

She-Hulk: Slow Debuff duration gains an additional 6 seconds

Luke Cage: gain +900 Critical Rating . In addition Medium attacks are guaranteed critical while the opponent is suffering from exhaustion

Defenders (Iron Fist, Daredevil, Daredevil (Hells Kitchen), Punisher)

Iron Fist: Power lock debuff duration gains an additional 3 second

Daredevil (H.K): cruelty buff duration gains an additional 4 seconds

Daredevil: gains a permanent passive true strike ignoring armor rating, evade and Auto Block

Punisher: start each fight with 2 additional physical resistance stacks

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Yea Mystic could really use a heavy damage dealer.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    My theory is they want to give icons the buffs they deserve. It’s also easier to buff okay champs into more useable champs.

When a champ has a kit it’s easier to tweak numbers etc. This is probably why Hoods and Yellow Jacket buffs were a little botched. I still think Hoods buff was fantastic , and was a little sad about it. I was disappointed In YJs. I think they want to think through the champions kit. Or they are probably creating new mechanics like they did with both of those champs: “ bullet mechanic” “ radiation mechanic”
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    The other day I was thinking the same that he needs a overhaul.
    While In arenas his combos feels smoothaf.. and that sassy heavy attack...Mmm
  • Options

H3t3r said:

Iron Fist

Iron fist gains a x% chance to absorb incoming Energy damage and redirect it at his opponent. (Chance increases with sig)

True accuracy: Iron Fist gains True Accuracy throughout the fight ignoring the effects of evade, autoblock and Armor
    Chi charges: Iron Fist becomes more and more powerful as he gains Chi charges. Iron fist can carry chic charges over to the next fight through persistence .

Whenever struck: 50% chance to gain 1 chi charge chance increases to 75% against Cosmic Champions and decreases to 20% against Science Champions
    Poison resistance: Mystical healing abilities allow Iron fist to reduce the potency of incoming Poison debuffs by 50%

Chi Strength: Dashing back and holding a block for 1.4 seconds will consume all active chi charges. For each charge consumed Iron Fist gains a Fury buff increasing his damage by x% for 12 seconds

Chi Healing: whenever any chi charges are active Iron fist Regeneration 0.05% of his health per second for each chi charge

Immortality: whenever Iron Fist would be knocked out he consumes all active chi charges and gains an Immortality buff for 4 seconds plus 1 additional second per chi charge consumed. While Immortality is active Iron fist regenerates x amount of health per second and gains an indestructible buff preventing all incoming damage

Physical resist: Iron fist begins the fight with 4 Physical resist stacks each reducing physical damage by x%. 1 stack is removed for every 8 hits Iron Fist recieves

Medium attacks: gain a 75% chance to inflict an armor break debuff reducing Opponent armor rating by x% for 8 seconds

Armor Shatter: if the opponent is inflicted with more than 5 armor break debuffs the debuffs are removed and replaced with an armor shatter debuff reducing opponent armor rating by x% for 10 seconds.

Guarantee critical hit: While the opponent is suffering from Armor Shatter all Medium attacks are guaranteed to be critical.

Heavy attack: 100% chance to inflict a stagger passive instantly removing the next buff triggered by the Opponent. If the opponent is suffering from an armor shatter debuff 100% chance to refresh the armor shatter debuff

Special 1: 100% chance for each hit to inflict an Armor Break debuff reducing opponents armor rating by x% for 8 seconds

Special 2: 100% chance to Power burn up to 1 full bar of power. If the opponent is suffering from Armor Shatter they are also inflicted with a Power Lock debuff preventing them from gaining power from any source for 12 seconds

Special 3: any active Armor Shatter Debuff is paused for 2 seconds. If no armor shatter debuff was active, inflict opponent with an Armor shatter debuff lasting 10 seconds.
    If Iron Fist ends the fight with the 3rd attack he begins the next fight with 10 additional Chi charges

Iron Fist: Armor Break/Armor Shatter debuff duration gains an additional 3 seconds

Luke Cage: gain +900 Critical Rating . In addition Medium attacks are guaranteed critical while the opponent is suffering from exhaustion

Daredevil: gains a permanent passive true strike ignoring armor rating, evade and Auto Block

This is a solid start to Iron Fist remediation.

As an initial matter, I’d like to see him get more of the core mystic abilities: nullify/stagger, regen, etc. But I’d also like to see him have windows of opportunity where he can deal large amounts of damage, with a cool down not unlike a Corvus (makes sense once he expends Chi), perhaps even an unblockable/immortal phase.

It would also make sense to give him the ability to disorient opponents or to apply AAR—after all, if the “iron fist” strikes you, you’d think it would have some after effects on your system. Stuns, armor shatters, disorient, AAR should all be considered for his abilities. He’s also almost like a combo skill-mystic champ in that regard—high combat training combined with mystical abilities granted by the dragon—so perhaps a chance to shrug/resist tossed in as well.

Last, his synergies should be stronger. Combining Danny Rand with Cage should provide a significant boost for both Heroes for Hire. Iron Fist plus Shang Chi (they dueled in comics to determine martial arts supremacy) would be nice, as would tie-ins with mystics like Doc (K’un lun is one of the main Marvel mystical cities after all). Maybe even a blank coming soon synergy if Fin Fang Foom or Steel Serpent ever come to MCoC?

Bottom line: there’s a lot to work with when it comes to Iron Fist. Although not a first wave Marvel champ (Spidey, Cap, Hulk, IM, Thor, e.g.), he is a long-standing character who’s got a pretty storied background. His kit should be updated to be relevant in the current meta and to be consistent with his Marvel history.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

My theory is they want to give icons the buffs they deserve. It’s also easier to buff okay champs into more useable champs.

When a champ has a kit it’s easier to tweak numbers etc. This is probably why Hoods and Yellow Jacket buffs were a little botched. I still think Hoods buff was fantastic , and was a little sad about it. I was disappointed In YJs. I think they want to think through the champions kit. Or they are probably creating new mechanics like they did with both of those champs: “ bullet mechanic” “ radiation mechanic”

Fair enough. I’d like to see some of the older icons get a rework—all the OG champs feel like the characters you get at the outset of a console game, and that’s sad for the likes of Spidey, Cap, etc.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    DrZola said:

H3t3r said:

Iron Fist

As an initial matter, I’d like to see him get more of the core mystic abilities: nullify/stagger, regen, etc. But I’d also like to see him have windows of opportunity where he can deal large amounts of damage, with a cool down not unlike a Corvus (makes sense once he expends Chi), perhaps even an unblockable/immortal phase.

It would also make sense to give him the ability to disorient opponents or to apply AAR—after all, if the “iron fist” strikes you, you’d think it would have some after effects on your system. Stuns, armor shatters, disorient, AAR should all be considered for his abilities. He’s also almost like a combo skill-mystic champ in that regard—high combat training combined with mystical abilities granted by the dragon—so perhaps a chance to shrug/resist tossed in as well.

Last, his synergies should be stronger. Combining Danny Rand with Cage should provide a significant boost for both Heroes for Hire. Iron Fist plus Shang Chi (they dueled in comics to determine martial arts supremacy) would be nice, as would tie-ins with mystics like Doc (K’un lun is one of the main Marvel mystical cities after all). Maybe even a blank coming soon synergy if Fin Fang Foom or Steel Serpent ever come to MCoC?

Bottom line: there’s a lot to work with when it comes to Iron Fist. Although not a first wave Marvel champ (Spidey, Cap, Hulk, IM, Thor, e.g.), he is a long-standing character who’s got a pretty storied background. His kit should be updated to be relevant in the current meta and to be consistent with his Marvel history.

Dr. Zola
    You have some good points, and you are right I probably could have done better with the Synergies.
  • Options

DrZola said:

H3t3r said:

Iron Fist

Dr. Zola
    You have some good points, and you are right I probably could have done better with the Synergies.
    Yours is a solid effort and includes much of what I suggested. He needs a rework like what you outlined that would make him fun to use.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RiasGremoryRiasGremory Posts: 225
    edited June 2021
    You Forgot the Immortal Iron Fist ;)

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I think the issue is that the original champs are the most intimidating to redevelop. People really care about them.

Iron Fist, Spider-Man, the original Avengers, the original GOTG... For the buff team, these guys are where the pressure is. No one comes to MCOC hoping to play with Diablo, so even if the buff is a bit of a flop, it doesn't really matter. (It looks okay, fortunately...)

People genuinely download this game to play with Spidey, Cap and so on. These are the champs where the buffs really need to make them playable; because these are the champs people largely come to play with.

They've done one - Black Panther - who's now useable, and kind of fun.

I think they'll get there; but I think they aren't hurrying the oldest champs because they most want to get those right.
  • Options
    RiasGremoryRiasGremory Posts: 225
    DrZola said:

H3t3r said:

Iron Fist

Dr. Zola
    I want Steel Serpent since years
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

DrZola said:

H3t3r said:

Iron Fist

Dr. Zola
    I want Steel Serpent since years
    Stop reviving old threads