**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer of pain should be accessible to Cavs

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    Eh, I'm Cav and idc. Gimme them selectors.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    It is. Y'all can get 75% t5cc selectable and a six star nexus. Not to mention between now and 70 days you will be able to hit tb and get some juicier rewards.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Remember the days when Uncollected had meaning to it...

like a year and a bit ago.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    We can do it. Just don’t get the extra milestones
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    No for Cavs
    Cavs are already complaining that rogue is too hard, it's just going to get worse when they have to do a difficult fight with extra objectives
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    Cavs can rejoin

No

@KindaGomans3 this is the same guy who said we should remove ISO from the game, so of course he won't be too much help and will just be negative about it
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    No for Cavs

No

@KindaGomans3 this is the same guy who said we should remove ISO from the game, so of course he won't be too much help and will just be negative about it
    How am I being negative for disagreeing

Also at least I know how to parry... https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/270262/parry-has-it-been-changed-recently#latest 💀
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Cavs can rejoin
    Misclicked

And Honestly It shouldn’t be available to Cavalier Players. Most Cavalier Players wouldn’t even be able to handle a challenge like this whereas ThroneBreaker Level Players can. AGAIN there needs to be a definitive line between Cavalier and ThroneBreaker.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    Milestone 6 for a Cav player can be super useful in a bid for Thronebreaker. It's not taken away at all. Limited perhaps is a better word because it's completely accessible already. And as I mentioned, for a Cav player, what you're able to potentially get is nothing to turn your nose up at. Very decent rewards at M6.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    It's not a question of who is able to do it and who gets benefitted more. Someone like swedeah or msd could start a new account and beat that rogue with a 2 star spidergwen, does that mean lvl 1 players should have access to summer of pain? No. There are progression titles in the game for a reason. If you have access to the highest rewards and the toughest content, fulfill thr requirement for that title and don't ask content to be tailored to your account.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    JhonST33 said:

Now I'm cavalier and if I reach 6 milestones I'll be able to upgrade 3 champs to rank 3 without abyss or explore act 6 and their randomizer rewards. This rewards are enough for me.

3 champs to rank 3? Sorry bro you're only gonna get three quarters of a t5cc @JhonST33
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Malreck04 said:

JhonST33 said:

Now I'm cavalier and if I reach 6 milestones I'll be able to upgrade 3 champs to rank 3 without abyss or explore act 6 and their randomizer rewards. This rewards are enough for me.

3 champs to rank 3? Sorry bro you're only gonna get three quarters of a t5cc @JhonST33
    Maybe he is close to forming 3 t5cc and just need 25% of each to form them.
    Dang, didn't think of that
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    No for Cavs
    Malreck04 said:

JhonST33 said:

I have science, tech and cosmic at 50%. I'll obtain 6 25 percent class catalyst selector, so I will form 3 5 class catalysts.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    JhonST33 said:

Malreck04 said:

JhonST33 said:

I have science, tech and cosmic at 50%. I'll obtain 6 25 percent class catalyst selector, so I will form 3 5 class catalysts.
    You don't get all the rewards for each milestone. You only get the milestone you end the event on.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    No for Cavs

JhonST33 said:

Malreck04 said:

JhonST33 said:

You don't get all the rewards for each milestone. You only get the milestone you end the event on.
    I don't know that. Mmmmm so bad. At least I become TB.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The Rewards for Cav are still helpful. 75% of a T5CC and a Nexus isn't bad. Should take some people to TB.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Cavs can rejoin
    DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

It's not about skills, theoretically anyone can spend a ton of money and get all rewards. Obviously Kabam don'r want cavs to have access to a potential 6* r4. (Personally I agree with that).

That, but also in general the highest appropriate rewards for Cavs will always be lower than the highest appropriate rewards for Thronebreakers. And it is not just about individual rewards: Kabam balances rewards around reward *rates* - they look at *how much* stuff is theoretically flowing to different tiers of players. A T5CC might be an appropriate reward for a Cav, or it might not, depending on the overall reward balance for the game for that progress tier for the year.

What's appropriate for Thronebreakers will always be higher than what is appropriate for Cavs. So if all the rewards were accessible to Cavs, they'd be lower than if the rewards were tiered. The question is: should TB players get more or not. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. For a content event like this where the rewards are intended to be juicy, the answer is generally going to be yes.
    Yup. If everything was accessible to every rank, you would get bored fast and eventually stopped playing.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Frankly I don't know why Kabam set such gate for Cav player. The difficulty of the fight itself is already a gate for player. You can't rule out some Cav players are really skillful, just not aggressive enough to acquire T5cc shards for r3 6*. In fact, I wonder how many TB players can one-shot Rouge, versus Cav players.

If summer of pain is a skill-based challenge, I don't think that title gate is necessary. If a Cav can fight to the final stage then so be it. I'm a TB player and I don't feel the conflict here.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    Reference said:

Frankly I don't know why Kabam set such gate for Cav player. The difficulty of the fight itself is already a gate for player. You can't rule out some Cav players are really skillful, just not aggressive enough to acquire T5cc shards for r3 6*. In fact, I wonder how many TB players can one-shot Rouge, versus Cav players.

If summer of pain is a skill-based challenge, I don't think that title gate is necessary. If a Cav can fight to the final stage then so be it. I'm a TB player and I don't feel the conflict here.

They encourage you to progress in the game to get the next title. Not everything is available to everyone. If you take the game show and are not aggressive enough, then you should not complain when content is introduced to people who are aggressive and get that title. This is actually not a competition to see who is more skilled, that's summoner showdown. This is a content for players who have completed everything else in the game. I am actually curious why Kabam decided to include cavs at all in this and not in thr gauntlet.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    No for Cavs
    You can get to milestone number 6. That is 75% of a t5cc you can select. This is HUGE for a cav player. Since you also need to complete act 6 to become thronebreaker you can get 100% of a t5cc you can select.
    This single event can get you thronebreaker by just defeating the bosses ONES!!!
    So, you do not need to do the abyss, do not need to do any of 7.1 or 7.2. Not a single full exploration of an event quest. NOTHING. Except these 9 bosses and a single clear of act 6 (which you need to do anyways for the title)

Cavalier players being allowed to get into this event up to milestone #6 is a huge huge huge gift from Kabam to all cavalier players. And hugely unfair to people who have done much longer and maybe even more challenging content .
    Please stop complaining because otherwise they might have to change the cavalier title to complainers title.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Cavs can rejoin
    Reference said:

This way is less complicated than having same fights with different levels of difficulty for cavs and TB like in side quests for example. You get the rewards for your rank as usual, content (and -> rewards) restrictions is not something new to the game.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I mean, if you want, you can just find the objectives online and solo the bosses for fun and flex, you just won't get any extra reward.