**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer of pain should be accessible to Cavs

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs

All I have to say is if SOP supposed to be the hardest of the hardest, right?.....so if Uncollected or Cav play the same level of skill as TB, or even better, then why shouldn't they be rewarded the same or better?

Gee....maybe if I had a million dollars and a month's vacation from family and work then I can declare myself "best at the game" and retire from the game because I WON THE GAME!! Yay

Have fun spending... I mean playing guys! ;)

You’ve had a forums account since August of 2017, so you’ve been playing for at least almost four years. You could easily be F2P Thronebreaker by now if you wanted to be. Instead, you have elected not to do the content. That’s fine. You don’t have to, and you can take the game at your own pace.

But just because you chose to progress slowly doesn’t mean everybody else needs to hold the door open for you. You’ve still got about three weeks before missing an objective. Go get Thronebreaker now if you’ve got such wild skill. What’s holding you back?
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

GOTG said:

It should be accessible to uncollected and conqueror too, just cavs is so unfair.

Buddy, if you are uncollected you will get wrecked. Four stars can work if you have the right ones and insane skill but if you've still yet to beat the collector a 700k hp opponent with 7 difficult nodes aint for you.
    It's okay. His sarcasm just flew right over your head
    Sorry. It looked serious to me, haven't read any of his other posts on this thread.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Cavs can rejoin
    Considering you can solo both fights that were available with r5 5*, I don't think it's reasonable to lock it tb only. With some skills you can do it with 4*, I guess. Rewards are nothing big for tb anyway, but could help some cav players for sure
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    No for Cavs
    Can always run the abyss for that initial T5C crystal... but I take it most don't want to because its "hard content"
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    No for Cavs
    If we were gonna get the same things as cavs, what was the point of pushing for thronebreaker then. What’s next, uncollected players should have access to cav monthly eq?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    Aleor said:

Considering you can solo both fights that were available with r5 5*, I don't think it's reasonable to lock it tb only. With some skills you can do it with 4*, I guess. Rewards are nothing big for tb anyway, but could help some cav players for sure

Considering those fights and the rewards for them are in fact open to Cavs, I don’t think it makes any sense to make this argument.

Cavalier players *are not* barred from the Summer of Pain. They will have access to EVERY FIGHT over the course of the event and eligible to collect points from them. They can collect nine points throughout the summer, allowing those that complete all nine to collect a nexus 6* class crystal and three 25% t5cc selectors. Cavs are only barred from collecting additional points from the secondary objectives that will be available in weeks 4-9.

If a Cav player does this and they have already beaten the Grandmaster (the other requirement to become Thronebreaker), they will have collected 4 25% t5cc selectors. They will have AT LEAST one t5cc of their choice.

If those rewards are somehow not enough for you, then you have just under three weeks to become Thronebreaker and complete that week’s objective before you actually miss anything. There’s plenty of content you can do to get you there.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    Based on the OP’s trail of thought, since the first 2 weeks fights can be done by 2*s, why not open it to Conqueror or lower players as well? 😂
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    I'm in a top 30 AQ alliance and I have two free to players who both have over 12k prestige. So all of this nonsense about spending is just not true. You all act like cavalier players are better than Thronebreakers because most Cavaliers aren't spenders? huh, is that your logic? Sorry to burst your bubble but Thronebreakers on average have far more skill than Cavaliers and its not close. TB been out since September 2020 so if you have been playing over a year you have no excuse at this point.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    No for Cavs
    If content wasn’t locked behind requirements there’s very little point in the game. In the same way that 1000s of other games lock gear and quests behind levels of progression this is just that same process of in game progression.

There’s the other factor that access to not one but two T5CC selectors and the host of other rewards would completely bypass what was previously a year’s worth of progression for top tier players. The forum was littered with posts from players about how the Gauntlet was too hard and a cash grab, most of these came from players who bit off more than they could chew because they liked the look of the rewards. Opening these special objectives up to less skilled players will reduce the forums to a bigger farce than they usually are anyway.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Reference said:

Frankly I don't know why Kabam set such gate for Cav player. The difficulty of the fight itself is already a gate for player. You can't rule out some Cav players are really skillful, just not aggressive enough to acquire T5cc shards for r3 6*. In fact, I wonder how many TB players can one-shot Rouge, versus Cav players.

If summer of pain is a skill-based challenge, I don't think that title gate is necessary. If a Cav can fight to the final stage then so be it. I'm a TB player and I don't feel the conflict here.

The challenge is a skill based challenge. The rewards are progression based rewards.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Cavs can rejoin
    if you are able to get to the 75% or the full selector for t5cc you should not complain cause you will TB
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    No for Cavs

So as a Cav player myself... I personally don't have the time right now to become TB, nor do I have the units right now. I've been playing for years but only have time to jump on for AW, AQ, and other monthly quests, becauseI am a grown adult with a family and career. I also don't become TB because I feel like my roster is pretty strong and I don't see any reason to put effort into something that isn't that much more beneficial for me.

I guess I'll get around to becoming TB when I get a chance...

In saying that, SOP rewards is a slight bit of BS. I find SOP to be pretty easy. I actually felt Week 2 was easier than Week 1, which takes away from the idea that it gets harder as you go.

I dont see any reason why Cav can't get all the rewards. If they can get through SOP with the same skill level (or amount of money in their pockets) as TB then you are only measuring the worth of a player by their progress in story.

Another post that I'm very skilled but couldn't become TB because various issues.

When will it stop?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    No for Cavs

So as a Cav player myself... I personally don't have the time right now to become TB, nor do I have the units right now. I've been playing for years but only have time to jump on for AW, AQ, and other monthly quests, becauseI am a grown adult with a family and career. I also don't become TB because I feel like my roster is pretty strong and I don't see any reason to put effort into something that isn't that much more beneficial for me.

I guess I'll get around to becoming TB when I get a chance...

In saying that, SOP rewards is a slight bit of BS. I find SOP to be pretty easy. I actually felt Week 2 was easier than Week 1, which takes away from the idea that it gets harder as you go.

I dont see any reason why Cav can't get all the rewards. If they can get through SOP with the same skill level (or amount of money in their pockets) as TB then you are only measuring the worth of a player by their progress in story.

I agree that week 2 wasn't harder, but they told us the first few weeks were warm ups and that it would get harder, which takes away from your idea that it won't. Also, lots of TBs are grown adults with families and careers. I can't stand it when people who have avoided doing something hard in the game pat themselves on the back because they "have a life" which implies that everyone who hasn't avoided it does not have a life. It's a lame excuse and it's offensive.
  • No for Cavs

All I have to say is if SOP supposed to be the hardest of the hardest, right?.....so if Uncollected or Cav play the same level of skill as TB, or even better, then why shouldn't they be rewarded the same or better?

Gee....maybe if I had a million dollars and a month's vacation from family and work then I can declare myself "best at the game" and retire from the game because I WON THE GAME!! Yay

These arguments always irritate me. There are people that I know what are free to play and with families and they play the game and are TB. I know people who spend and are TB. You have your obligations and that's fine, but this is a progress based game. You get to do the same fights as TB, but you miss out on the extra objectives and rewards because you're not TB because you choose not to be TB and that's fine. But if you want the rewards that a higher progression level has, then you need to get to that progression. That's why they have those juice rewards so thay it entices people to get TB. Whether you spend or not, it doesn't matter, it's what you decided you wanna do with your time and resources
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Two different groups of players arguing from different angles, thus the viewpoint never converge and this kind of debate will continue.

You may have a point from "skill" perspectives, however the majority of players hitting disagree button (not me) on you are talking about progression based system that motivating players to get TB title. This is a gate to secure a group of stakeholders.

Since you mention something about reality, I can relate this to education system. There are junior, senior high school, bachelor and grad school, each of them receiving ascending level of national funding grant. Periodically there are some talented kids at 8 or 10 who can handle bachelor level subjects. Few of them can break the "rule" and got special approval to skip high school, or even bachelor degree, and thus obtaining PhD at the age 17. That's from "skill" perspective in reality. Now those Grad school students against your thought because they follow the normal route to progress to Grad School, that's a progression base system. How come allowing a kid with talent joining us??? That's from traditional social hierarchy perspective.