Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Is Proxima Midnight a good pull?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,256 ★★★★★
edited March 19 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled her as a 5* and I’m wondering if I should rank her up. I’ve heard that she is decent but I’ve also heard she sucks. Should I rank her up?

Is Proxima Midnight a good pull? 62 votes

Yes she is good Rank her up
58%
SighsohardTheManMythLegend16wegnerkCupidyuwShtickRickReferencercm2017Texas_11StellarDenzel116Rockypantherx_Sham_Kill_GreyEtjamaSpeedro420Sarvanga1_Icy000Maxwell24Adil08 36 votes
No she isn’t Good don’t waste resources
14%
AdvFabwiziDavepool87RenaxqqParam1988Thanks_D19HelpingZura_1Ihatecontestofchamps 9 votes
She’s meh
27%
Bpn88855ReeseSmith14Rbk19B_Dizzle_01WordunkenLordSmasherLegendary_PoeyPrakhar_82DawsManAddictorTheBair123ScrubhanWill3808Cowabunga[Deleted User]TheBoogyManCangaceiro 17 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,411 ★★★★
    1. Insane SP3
    2. Synergy with Corvus / nebula etc,
    3. Abyss vs havok
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,256 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

1. Insane SP3
    2. Synergy with Corvus / nebula etc,
    3. Abyss vs havok

How crazy are we talking?
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 1,475 ★★★
    Awakened proxima is a beast
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 4,547 ★★★★★
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    She's ok. If you got Corvus it will be good to rank her up
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 429 ★★★
    edited March 19
    She’s meh
    Besides wailing on Winter Soldier there is nothing she can do that a heap of others can't do better.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 800 ★★★
    I have a 6 star Proxima and a 6 Star Groot.

Both are same for me because.

I can't take any of them in high level contents.

Both can do masters and uncollected difficulty for me.

Proxima is so much RNG it's really bad she needs minor changes, because content she was meant for like abyss etc she does not work because of damage caps and for other content she is not the first choice.

Even the cosmic cav quests have been very unfriendly for her.

If you are very very good with intercepts you can consider her but not my cup of tea.
  • Speedro420Speedro420 Posts: 1,105 ★★★★
    The better I have gotten at the game the more I love her. She’s pretty awesome.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 1,743 ★★★★

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 669 ★★★
    edited June 26
    I just pulled a 5 star and have watched almost every vid on her and read every post on her. Also had a lot of conversations with different players. I've decided not to rank her up, but not b/c she can't be useful or b/c she's a bad champ. There are valuable things about her kit, but just seems to be an awkward combination and execution to warrant rank up materials.

Note, I'm not factoring AOL b/c that's not on my radar atm so this is obv skewed already. I'm mostly focused on AW (gold), AQ (m5/6), and story/variants/EQ/etc.

Here is where I think she shines, but in every positive, there is an awkwardness:
    1. True strike: I love this, but the randomness of the mission and the repetition of the mission makes this a bit frustrating. E.g., if you have the intercept one first and ur trying to counter an evader, then you might have a hard time pulling it off consistently esp if you're also trying to bait out specials. Otherwise she's actually a great intercepter b/c her light has so much reach. It's a great ability, but it's not reliable enough to warrant a spot on the team imo. If her true strike lasted longer or if all missions were available from the outset, then maybe this would be more reliable.

2. OAR. This is very powerful, but most of the counters (like masochism, IMIW, domino) can be somewhat easily circumvented by good players using any champ. In AW, she is commonly used against Korg, but with diversity, this is a maximum of 1 fight. And there are other options for Korg that can also be good options for other AW fights. So even with a very powerful OAR, she doesn't seem to warrant a spot on the team.

3. Prowess. This is probably what she is most known for. But even here, I don't trust her to be able to take multiple fights in a quest b/c her block prof is weak. If she had stronger block, regen, and/or persistence to carry some of her prowess over to the next fight, then maybe. But she just seems too unsustainable to rely consistently on her prowess since you'll have to parry at least 6 times per fight on top of completing other missions.

She has other things in her KIT that I think are helpful, like safeguard, stuns on sp, and the heal block. But even a combination of these is not really significant.

In the end, I think she'd greatly benefit from a few of the following (even if it means decreasing her prowess damage that is pretty impractical):
    1. longer true strike
    2. If all missions can be available from the beginning
    3. Missions don't require so much repetition
    4. Better block, regen, and/or persistence for prowess

Otherwise I think she's a lot of fun and excels in specific situations. But for what I need at the moment, she is not worth being ranked up. If you think I'm overlooking something then please let me know as I would love to be wrong about this. I'm desperate for useful champs.

• FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 800 ★★★
    She literally can't be used in any game mode from Cav onwards.

Very Bad Block proficiency and dependent to block to ramp up.

Kit does not support any Cosmic Cavalier nodes till date.

Need ramp up each fight and a hassel to do that every fight.

Probably biggest damage once ramped up but either it's a over kill or damage Cap is present.

I have a six star duped proxima but never found use for her.
  • TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 4,932 ★★★★★

Besides wailing on Winter Soldier there is nothing she can do that a heap of others can't do better.

You and people like you with that stupid mindset are most def the people who make post after post of how bad their roster are. This game doesnt revolve around 5 champs ffs. Just because someone isnt the absolute best doesnt make them bad. Stop trying to ruin someone's pulls with nonsense
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,256 ★★★★★
    lol what’s funny is I forgot I even had her
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 1,875 ★★★★
    She’s meh

You and people like you with that stupid mindset are most def the people who make post after post of how bad their roster are. This game doesnt revolve around 5 champs ffs. Just because someone isnt the absolute best doesnt make them bad. Stop trying to ruin someone's pulls with nonsense
    He brings up a good point tho. Many would argue that you shouldn't invest in CGR, (or that he isn't the best cosmic, corvus is better, etc) I could show them screen shots of hundreds of thousands of crits worth of damage, however this doesn't make a champion super useable. To be fair, Proxima is a good champion. ROL is helpful but we can't make decisions based on how hard they destroy Winter Soldier.
    DawsMan said:

He brings up a good point tho. Many would argue that you shouldn't invest in CGR, (or that he isn't the best cosmic, corvus is better, etc) I could show them screen shots of hundreds of thousands of crits worth of damage, however this doesn't make a champion super useable. To be fair, Proxima is a good champion. ROL is helpful but we can't make decisions based on how hard they destroy Winter Soldier.
    No he doesnt bring up a good point ffs. And neither do you. If you dont know a champion then stop showcasing that ignorance. Take the time to learn them. It actually do piss me off reading that you both think u know her and call her good for rol only
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 1,875 ★★★★
    She’s meh

DawsMan said:

No he doesnt bring up a good point ffs. And neither do you. If you dont know a champion then stop showcasing that ignorance. Take the time to learn them. It actually do piss me off reading that you both think u know her and call her good for rol only
    He most definitely brings up a valid point. If someone didn't know how to use prox and saw that, they'd be like wow she can do that all the time she's bgt, when the truth is she can't. It requires ramp up, awakening for those furies, it's just not simple. Accessible yes, but not simple or something you just pick up and blast thru opponents. I know how to use both champions 'ffs' :'( .

I never said she's only good for ROL idk where you got that from, I think you may just be pulling ideas from a hat.

What makes me a little frustrated is that you instantly harp on LordSmasher for 1) having an opinion and 2) saying you can't base how good a champion is on ROL and other champions can do similar things to what prox can do. I know he slammed her, and proxima is much better than he thinks, but it's nothing to get your ears in a knot about and get mad at me as well.

And I'm the one showcasing ignorance... SMH.
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

He most definitely brings up a valid point. If someone didn't know how to use prox and saw that, they'd be like wow she can do that all the time she's bgt, when the truth is she can't. It requires ramp up, awakening for those furies, it's just not simple. Accessible yes, but not simple or something you just pick up and blast thru opponents. I know how to use both champions 'ffs' :'( .

I never said she's only good for ROL idk where you got that from, I think you may just be pulling ideas from a hat.

What makes me a little frustrated is that you instantly harp on LordSmasher for 1) having an opinion and 2) saying you can't base how good a champion is on ROL and other champions can do similar things to what prox can do. I know he slammed her, and proxima is much better than he thinks, but it's nothing to get your ears in a knot about and get mad at me as well.

I dunno. It might have been your last comment about rol. But who knows
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

And he didnt come with a legit opinion. He just came to **** on a champ theres nothing wrong with which is why we have all these complaint posts about good champs every day