Cap IW 6* sig ability

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips

So, I just awakened Cap IW last night, and he’s one of the first awakened 6* champs I’ve gotten that really needs his awakened ability and I do like him a lot. I have about 80 generic stones and 28 science, so it’s not like I could take him straight to 200, but is it worth dumping them all in? Or should I wait for someone else? I do already have him as a 5/65 at sig 200, but I don’t care about sig, don’t have any other 6* science champs that I love, and I don’t run suicides anymore.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• DarkKnyghtDarkKnyght Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2021
    If you already have him at 5/65 then this would not be worth it because you won’t use the 6* more than the 5 star. As currently constructed your 5* is way better and more useful than your 6*
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Member Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    I'd personally do it. I'm saving my generic and science gem for him since they aren't many Sig abilities I consider more worth it. You won't get him to 200 immediately but you will eventually with sigs we've been getting in content.
    The only ability you won't be able to rely on immediately is the debuff shrug off
    It really depends on if you think there's someone else worth waiting for or if you care about prestige
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Member Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Even with your sig lvl he has a 45% chance for stuff just sig him to 80-100 to be awesome. Sig 200 will make his utility a bit more reliable. But it's still pretty reliable
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Member Posts: 713 ★★★
    Sig him up to 120 for now and hope that you can top it up further/max sig him after J4th. SoP will also provide some sig stones (I’ve assumed that you’re thronebreaker). Monthly cav quests will slowly provide some sigs for him too. He’s worth the investment imo, just be willing to commit to him once you start
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Member Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
    Do it!
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Member Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Same dilemma. Been wanting to have him for so long but I already finished 7.2 without having him as a 5/6* until recently when I duped my 6*. Just recently duped my 5* too so I am thinking if he's still meta and worth the sig stones once 7.3 comes.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yeah he really only NEEDS s200 for the skill synergy and for like heal reversal from despair.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Same dilemma. Been wanting to have him for so long but I already finished 7.2 without having him as a 5/6* until recently when I duped my 6*. Just recently duped my 5* too so I am thinking if he's still meta and worth the sig stones once 7.3 comes.

I use my sig 200 R3 all the time. Was in basically every war attack team for all of the Stubborn meta, fell off a bit during Protect l, but he's still used constantly in Story and AQ, and I expect will see more war action again with Protect gone.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,104 ★★★★★

This is what I'd do if I were you:

I'd stash all those sig stones (both science and generic) and keep saving them until I can R3 that Cap. It will happen sooner or later, and when it happens you might be able to take him to 200 in one go. In the meantime just use your 5/65 one.

This is the answer. And if you haven’t explored act 7, save any cap-friendly paths until you get your 6r3 given the global node.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Member Posts: 6,469 ★★★★★
    I would totally go for it.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    You can take him to 128, which gives a 75% chance. I wouldn't do it if you have the five star, but july 4th is coming up, and if you can get him above 150 then definitely
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    ShaggyM said:

I love him! At 120 he's works just fine. He hits so hard and he puts in so much wor for me. Going to r3 tonight with any kind of luck from EQ t5cc

@ShaggyM did you get any kind of luck from eq?
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Member Posts: 286 ★★★

Nope, finished that unenjoyable EQ for naught. Followed that up with a 6* DH. Oh well guess I'll wait the calendar and new AQ