Options

Considering SoP Milestones

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
Looking at the SoP milestones…

Setting aside the fact that getting all 27 points and the top milestone would be (theoretically) ideal, I’m thinking the sweet spot for anyone who can’t do all is either 9 points or 15 points.

9 points gets you a Class Nexus and 3X 25% T5c selectors.

15 points gets you the same Class Nexus and 2X full T5c selectors.

Obviously, the prizes for 15 points are greater, but in between they arguably aren’t. At 11 points, there is a Class Nexus plus a single T5 selector. For my efforts, I’d prefer three 25% selectors because that likely lets me form three separate T5c. And I may even prefer three 25% selectors to two full T5c if the effort to get to 15 points is excruciating.

Thoughts?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You’re definitely on to something. I do have to say I think all 3 are decent of the ones you mentioned above but as you also said depending on the effort needed.

If you are close to 3 fully formed then milestone 6 is graavvvvyyyyyy. If you really need 2 selectors then 15 points is solid also. I told myself I am willing to use as much stash as I need to get at least the 25% and that class nexus but if it costs me a few units for the next 2 milestones I’m cool with that.

Right now I haven’t spent much of my overflow stash so we are rolling. But I am not counting my chickens that the objectives for TB will be fun.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Sweet spot in my eyes is 15 point milestone (class nexus + 2x t5cc selector)
    It requires clearing all bosses and 6/18 available objectives. Obviously getting higher is the goal but this is a good medium

Getting all bosses down shouldn't be a problem with a weeks grace each for rank ups and unit/revive farming at the worst case.

Then again it's reliant on what the objectives are but completing a third of them shouldn't be too crazy

Really do think if you can get to 11 point (class nexus + 1x t5cc selector) milestone there's no point not going for 15 since you've already dipped your toes in objectives. The extra selector would be worth the grind at that point
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    I think R4 material is what makes top milestones worth it. If we ignore that which most likely to happen as r4 material are quite rare and will take long time to acquire majority will focus on t5cc. So 15 seems sweet spot. Tho I am aiming Little bit higher for 25 6 star Sig stones too
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I am gonna try to aim to get to atleast the 2nd from the top…those generic sig stones are really important for someone like me who cant spend on the game and i wont mind spending items and units to get to those milestones because they are the most valueable resource for me in the rewards
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Honestly, I’m aiming for the top milestone. I could care less about the R4 materials but those generic sigs for my guardian are too valuable to pass up.

For comparison, abyss give you 100 random. This is the best source of Generic sigs in the game besides offers

Yea the generic sigs are my end goal even more so than the r4 materials but I'd like to see what happens next week with objectives before committing.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I completely agree. I'd much rather have fragments to potentially form 3 at once than choose just a single one. My main goal in the first place is that nexus selector anyways, so I'd rather stop at that 9-points milestone, then use the remaining units and items to finish up act 6 exploration and get myself another 1.75 t5cc and a bunch of other stuff.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    If I can get to 9 points, I’ll be thrilled. Kinda doubtful, depending on how much “easier” the first three fights were compared to what comes next.
  • Options

Honestly, I’m aiming for the top milestone. I could care less about the R4 materials but those generic sigs for my guardian are too valuable to pass up.

For comparison, abyss give you 100 random. This is the best source of Generic sigs in the game besides offers

This is a useful analogy—and not lost on the game team, I’m certain.

An Abyss run costs. I would guess they have a calculation of what getting those generic 6* sigs should cost as well.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

An Abyss run costs. I would guess they have a calculation of what getting those generic 6* sigs should cost as well.

Dr. Zola
    It is also worth highlighting that the game has moved on since abyss came out 18 months ago. The gauntlet gave us 50 and that could be done in a very reasonable amount of revives. I expect SoP to cost significantly more, but it gives me some hope it won't be utterly ridiculous
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    It is also worth highlighting that the game has moved on since abyss came out 18 months ago. The gauntlet gave us 50 and that could be done in a very reasonable amount of revives. I expect SoP to cost significantly more, but it gives me some hope it won't be utterly ridiculous
    Same. I’m fine with burning resources to get to the point I want. And I’m going to shoot for 27 points in the event. But…I’m mindful of how juicy that carrot looks too.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,157 ★★★★★
    At this point, I will be happy to just get milestone 6. Cost me a few L1 revives that would expire anyway but most definitely not looking forward to the objectives.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    I just want the nexus and 2 t5cc selectors. To be honest, I don't want anything higher than the first milestone with r4 resources because currently, I have 75 6* generic stones and nobody to use them on. I could bring Prof X's sig up a bit but I would rather pump them into Collosus, Ghost, Void, Omega, or AA.
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

I just want the nexus and 2 t5cc selectors. To be honest, I don't want anything higher than the first milestone with r4 resources because currently, I have 75 6* generic stones and nobody to use them on. I could bring Prof X's sig up a bit but I would rather pump them into Collosus, Ghost, Void, Omega, or AA.

This is like my issue. My awakened 6*’s aren’t really the champs I would burn sigs on. So my sigs sit in inventory.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I need those signature stones. I want all the points.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    Well.. each fight lasts a week, ie 7 full L1 revives that can be farmed from 22hr events alone. Haven’t spent that amount on a single fight for quite some time.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Well.. each fight lasts a week, ie 7 full L1 revives that can be farmed from 22hr events alone. Haven’t spent that amount on a single fight for quite some time.

I’m sure you haven’t. But…I’m also sure your roster is stouter than most here, plus you’re used to playing higher level opponents than most here.

I wouldn’t advise anyone to pull up short on SoP just because—but there may be a time to weigh pain vs. reward for many before pressing on.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    6 more points is all i need lol. and i'll be completely satisfied with this event. if I make it to #9 then anything after that is pure gravy for me. even if I somehow only manage #4 i think i'd be good because just one 25% gets me another T5CC.

i'm not greedy lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Looking at the SoP milestones…

Setting aside the fact that getting all 27 points and the top milestone would be (theoretically) ideal, I’m thinking the sweet spot for anyone who can’t do all is either 9 points or 15 points.

9 points gets you a Class Nexus and 3X 25% T5c selectors.

15 points gets you the same Class Nexus and 2X full T5c selectors.

Obviously, the prizes for 15 points are greater, but in between they arguably aren’t. At 11 points, there is a Class Nexus plus a single T5 selector. For my efforts, I’d prefer three 25% selectors because that likely lets me form three separate T5c. And I may even prefer three 25% selectors to two full T5c if the effort to get to 15 points is excruciating.

Thoughts?

Dr. Zola

I agree. My first goal was to get to at least milestone 3 for the 15k shards. That seems all but certain now. My next goal was to attempt to get to Milestone 6 which is basically doing all the fights but none of the solo objectives, which I think is likely possible (for me). The big question for me is do I push for milestone 8. I will of course try, but if I don't think I can get all six I may decide not to expend more than a trivial amount of resources to attempt it. For me the difference between m6 and m7 is very small in practical terms, but the difference between m6 and m8 is very significant.

I doubt I will get past m8, so that's the main line of thought for me. I will of course give everything a try, but I suspect m9 through m11 will be too difficult compared to the reward value for me.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Just a reminder for the Cavalier's, since we don't have access to the Side Objectives the Highest Tier we can reach is Tier 6 which only requires 9 Points.
    Meaning you do have a 1 Fight Skip Safety Net if One of the Ten Weeks ends up being too hard for you or you lack a certain counter, and Tier 5 Requires 11 Points so you won't miss out on anything if you skip 1 Week. *Again this is just in Cavaliers' case*
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

Just a reminder for the Cavalier's, since we don't have access to the Side Objectives the Highest Tier we can reach is Tier 6 which only requires 9 Points.
    Meaning you do have a 1 Fight Skip Safety Net if One of the Ten Weeks ends up being too hard for you or you lack a certain counter, and Tier 5 Requires 11 Points so you won't miss out on anything if you skip 1 Week. *Again this is just in Cavaliers' case*

Was this confirmed somewhere? Because my interpretation of the announcement is that for nine weeks they will release one fight, much like the fights we've had, and Cavs will be able to enter and do all nine. Starting on week four and I believe going until week nine they will release solo objectives TB players can do for additional points. I'm speculating that it will be one solo objective per week, so that the maximum points TB can get up to week 9 would be 15, which would be milestone 8 - the last milestone that does not contain rank 4 materials.

The hazy part is then what happens next. August 18th, which would be week ten, is supposed to have a special two week challenge where I am speculating up to 12 additional points will be up for grabs, which would then allow for a maximum of 27 points possible which takes you to the last milestone.

My suspicion is that Cavalier players will either be locked out of this last map, or won't be able to score points in that map. If that's the case, then I believe there's no grace fights for Cavalier players hoping to get to milestone 6. You would need to do all nine fights accessible to get there.

This is just my speculation based on the announcement, but it seems logical to me. Week ten does not seem to be like the other weeks, because it is described as if it is a map of fights not just one fight. So I don't think it will just be one more fight that Cavalier players could do for milestone points in theory.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    EDIT: I don't think I'd be able to reach the 6th milestone too sadly, I couldn't do the Rogue fight.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I'm just gonna get them all for the top prize.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

This is what I said to my ally when the goal started.