**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bishop hype train

13»

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/fOuTyG1kR1o

That's my 6r3 Bishop.

320k sp2 which is high end and 195k sp2 which is the average

Nice
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Imo he's smth like Gambit level now. His max prowess gives 300% damage at 30 prowess (you can get up to 40, maybe a little more), Gambit has 300% at 10 prowess. A little easier to play, as you don't need to charge heavy. On the other hand, I'd expect Gambit to work better with power boosts, as Bishop consumes his prowess on sps. His energy resistance has similar value to Gambit's bleed semi immunity. They also unfortunately removed power gain on parry, wich was my favorite thing about Bishop.
    Overall it's ok, but nothing crazy. Diablo buff looks more interesting
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/fOuTyG1kR1o

That's my 6r3 Bishop.

320k sp2 which is high end and 195k sp2 which is the average

O. m. g.
  • zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115

I will never understand why people rank up champs before they're buffed in hopes of the buff being good.

Dopamine.

Also known as the “feel-good” hormone, dopamine is a hormone and neurotransmitter that’s an important part of your brain’s reward system.

Research shows that the brain releases dopamine in anticipation of a reward. Unpredictability of the reward increases anticipation and the amount of dopamine release (in experiments, twice as much dopamine was released when there was only a 50/50 chance). Waiting for an outcome also increases anticipation.

Danger is exciting... but only to some people... or only sometimes. People with a certain dopamine receptor are more likely to be thrill seeking. In addition, it seems that an active dopamine system can make us take more risks.

Learn the wonders of "D.O.S.E", the four chemicals that regulate your happiness:
    Dopamine
    Oxytocin
    Serotonin
    Endorphins
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Imo he's smth like Gambit level now. His max prowess gives 300% damage at 30 prowess (you can get up to 40, maybe a little more), Gambit has 300% at 10 prowess. A little easier to play, as you don't need to charge heavy. On the other hand, I'd expect Gambit to work better with power boosts, as Bishop consumes his prowess on sps. His energy resistance has similar value to Gambit's bleed semi immunity. They also unfortunately removed power gain on parry, wich was my favorite thing about Bishop.
    Overall it's ok, but nothing crazy. Diablo buff looks more interesting

This write up leaves out a ton of Bishop’s kit. For example, Bishop can shrug off bleed debuffs by converting one prowess into regen. Additionally, Bishop has regen! So he has his own answer to bleed and sustainability (this is the Gambit comparison you should have made), plus his energy resistance on top of that.

Additionally, using his sp1 to spam debuffs onto enemies who shrug them off puts some substantial damage numbers up as well. It essentially gives him Omega Red’s death field, although in extremely limited scenarios. Those incinerates are also useful for working around nodes like Diss Track and others.

Bishop’s block proficiency also got a substantial buff, to the point where he nearly has perfect parries on his base.

Finally, his ability to punish champions who shrug off debuffs and apply a passive stun when a stun is shrugged is another piece of great utility.

I guess my point is that Bishop is probably similar to Gambit in terms of Damage output, arguably better due to the 70% incinerate damage, and Bishop has substantially more utility. I’d argue that he’s substantially better than Gambit in his current state.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Important note: energy vulnerability stacks. You can start the fight with an sp3 for the permanent vulnerability, then fire off another to get a second temporary one, thereby making your next special hit monstrously hard.

If you’re really good, this could be hilarious for something like aspect of chaos or aggression regen. Keep popping sp3 when the opponent is at full health and stacking energy vulnerabilities.

Update on this: you cannot stack permanent Energy Vulnerabilities. I just tried against RoL wolverine and I couldn’t get two permanent stacks on him. Only one permanent and if I try again with him at full, he does not gain another stack of vulnerability.