**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When are we getting Carina challenges V2?

GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
Title. I really enjoyed the first batch (except the LoL ones, please god no more of those), and would prefer another round of them over most other content that is slated for release (a new variant, 7.3, etc). Just was curious if there’s a timetable on if and when they’re going to be available.

P.S. please make one where you have to use beast 😉

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Ideally, never.

i personally enjoy them, but i understand why some wouldn't. what's your reasoning behind not wanting more?
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I've done 6 of them, and now I'm just waiting to get more revives so I do the ones on lol.

So I think a couple of months to complete them all with no units.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Why are people disagreeing lol? There’s literally no drawback to having more content in the game. I’m well aware that not everyone has completed all of them, but I’d be willing to bet that a vast majority of thronebreakers have done at least one or two (probably the “free” ones such as 5.3.1 and 6.1.5). The game is slowly but steadily moving towards the point of rank 4 6*s being available, this seems like a great way to make them more readily available to non whales.

P.S. I said no more of the LoL ones in the initial post, I am in no way encouraging more of that unit sink garbage, just something hard enough and exciting enough to pass some time
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    After how disappointing and paywall the majority of these were, I hope it never comes back.
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    i just want a cooler looking pfp than the Asgardian Cheddar one
    DNA3000 said:

Why are people disagreeing lol? There’s literally no drawback to having more content in the game.

In general, no, but in this specific case, yes there is. These challenges were not meant to be blasted through. You can if you want, but they are intended for players to pace themselves through, after mostly doing everything else. There's absolutely no reason to rush through them, or even tackle them at all if you don't feel you're ready.

Except, if people thought another one was coming, and another one, and another one, there would be a lot more pressure to get through them for the rewards, or risk falling behind the end game players who were blasting through them as fast as possible. That would encourage players to do them as fast as possible, and even spend through them if necessary to set up for the next one. That's very explicitly not intended.

Carina's challenges were meant to be just that: challenges to be tackled while waiting for the next tier of content to appear, for players who have done everything and are just waiting. They were not meant to be a whole new separate progress ladder for end game players to grind out constantly.
    i’ve been super bored lately as there’s been no new content since the Grandmaster’s Guantlet. some new, harder content needs to come out soon.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Why are people disagreeing lol? There’s literally no drawback to having more content in the game.

In general, no, but in this specific case, yes there is. These challenges were not meant to be blasted through. You can if you want, but they are intended for players to pace themselves through, after mostly doing everything else. There's absolutely no reason to rush through them, or even tackle them at all if you don't feel you're ready.

Except, if people thought another one was coming, and another one, and another one, there would be a lot more pressure to get through them for the rewards, or risk falling behind the end game players who were blasting through them as fast as possible. That would encourage players to do them as fast as possible, and even spend through them if necessary to set up for the next one. That's very explicitly not intended.

Carina's challenges were meant to be just that: challenges to be tackled while waiting for the next tier of content to appear, for players who have done everything and are just waiting. They were not meant to be a whole new separate progress ladder for end game players to grind out constantly.
    According to kabam, Abyss was supposed to take several months for people to explore. According to kabam, Gauntlet was supposed to be a challenge so immense only those with an insanely stacked roster of R3s were allowed to even think about doing it. The players have proven time and time again that if there is content to be done, it will be done. Why is this any different? People will blow through it, that’s ok, some people will take their time, that’s fine too.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

i’ve been super bored lately as there’s been no new content since the Grandmaster’s Guantlet. some new, harder content needs to come out soon.
    Yeah if only there was some sort of weekly challenging fight for us to complete.
    So far the only kinda hard one was Mysterio
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

According to kabam, Abyss was supposed to take several months for people to explore. According to kabam, Gauntlet was supposed to be a challenge so immense only those with an insanely stacked roster of R3s were allowed to even think about doing it. The players have proven time and time again that if there is content to be done, it will be done. Why is this any different? People will blow through it, that’s ok, some people will take their time, that’s fine too.
    You've just proven my point. Kabam might intend content to be paced, but some players will just blast through it as fast as possible. They can't prevent that, but neither do they have to encourage and reward it. You can do that if you want, but if you do you'll be sitting around with nothing else to do, because they aren't going to keep feeding that monster. So its your choice.

DNA3000 said:

Yeah if only there was some sort of weekly challenging fight for us to complete.
    i said hard content