**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Have changes been made to the AI?

Im trying to grind for voodoo. Android user btw so yeah starting late thanks to yesterday's debacle. I'm noticing faster recovery from AIs after combos and faster hit timings overall. Having difficulty parrying.

Comments

• Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Oh thank God, I thought I was going insane
  • Options
    GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    Seems normal for me, nothing different than before all those issues yesterday. I did notice that the AI was wanting to hold onto their specs rather than letting me bait them yesterday afternoon, but that happens from time to time.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    They are now more aggresive. I've had occasions where AI uses special and my guy doesn't even get up amd I'm already tagged extra 5 times.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,856 ★★★★★
    Grinder wrote: »
    I did notice that the AI was wanting to hold onto their specs rather than letting me bait them yesterday afternoon

That was my observation as well.
  • Options
    Also the AI hit combo had changed or so I've seen
  • Options
    Its MLLMM...and I'd you try it out don't work
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,728 Guardian
    I'm pretty certain the AI was changed in 12.0. The AI is more aggressive at times, and more variable on tendency to use specials. I haven't noticed a specific change to the AI recently, although it is possible the AI gets tweaked in small ways constantly. It appears to be one of the "player-facing" changes that the devs do not announce with patch notes.
  • Options
    guardianbelikovguardianbelikov Posts: 56
    edited June 2017
    I've also noticed that the AI will hold out on specials. Sometimes they seem a tad more aggressive, but doesn't really hinder gameplay, just as long as I play smart.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    It seems like what the AI is doing since 12.0.

Did not you realize yet? Or Are you saying the AI is harder than post 12.0?.
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    I've noticed a big AI change in arenas. Specially when you start scoring in the millions. I've had the AI dodge the first part of a special, followed by a block.
  • Options
    I was grinding in Voodoo Arena. And the Ai is acting as usual as per behaviour. The Reaction time is just too fast. They get up quick, recover quickly after i land a 5 hit combo, Block all specials after 5 hit combo or otherwise. There was a overall speed increase in the game after 13.0. Do u guys think thats what is caused it?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    I haven't noticed any changes with the AI with the latest Patch, but I've had some extreme lag. Controls aren't responding as fast, sometimes not at all. It's a bit frustrating.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,856 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    I think users' experience varies and it seem to be cause by whether it is on ios or android; perhaps also whether using 1*s or 4*s etc etc.

It would be better to narrow down the conditions for comparability.

I am noticing that AIs hold on to their specials in Arenas (4*s/5*s) lately.
    Playing on Android.
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Somehow it seems harder to bait in Arena. I was baiting with no problem in other quests, but in Arena the AI just won't use the damn special
  • Options
    Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    They just use their special just after heavy attack and I'm getting hit by it
  • Options
    username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    They are QUICK to block, counter, & cost me a fortune in health & revives.

Any answer Kabam?

How about reinstating lvl 2 SINGLE REVIVES, TIL U FIX PROBLEMS??
  • Options
    PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    I find AI in arena almost behaves as all or nothing. Once I have my steak going I usually purposely eat the sp3 if I have the health. For the sake of speed.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    Purveyor wrote: »
    I find AI in arena almost behaves as all or nothing. Once I have my steak going I usually purposely eat the sp3 if I have the health. For the sake of speed.

Personally, I wait for the potatoes to finish when I have my steak going. Lol.
    (Sorry. Couldn't help myself.)
  • Options
    HiapeindexHiapeindex Posts: 18
    From my experiences in the last few weeks, it did seem to be back to normal, but since this morning, I've had the ai recover from a mlllm combo and hit me with another m to the face as i attack coming out of block. Like many players here i do this 2-300 times a day when running arenas (i bet some do this far more). i know when I'm off, and i know when it's the ai acting differently, like many of you do too.

It's not often a game changer (he says before stepping into 5.2) i focus on intercepting more often and soldier on, but it is a cause for concern.

The game has started to feel overburdened with so many different graphical effects and complex calculations (possibly at an all time high courtesy of diminishing returns running behind the scenes). Are these inconsistencies just going to become more the norm?

• Options
    LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Its funny bc in voodoo arena AI would hold their specials but during Venom arena no such thing as holding the specials but will lookout for it in R2 and especially during Hyperion this thursday
  • Options
    Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    I haven't noticed any changes with the AI with the latest Patch, but I've had some extreme lag. Controls aren't responding as fast, sometimes not at all. It's a bit frustrating.

Wow this is the first time I've agreed with you. But in all seriousness I have horrible lag and also my controls can be a bit off at times. I swiped back today to avoid a red syms heavy and my champ didn't move. Then I was fighting stun imune path in map 5 but it's hard for me see what's going on all the time because of the lag. It's definitely frustrating.
  • Options
    Hiapeindex wrote: »
    From my experiences in the last few weeks, it did seem to be back to normal, but since this morning, I've had the ai recover from a mlllm combo and hit me with another m to the face as i attack coming out of block. Like many players here i do this 2-300 times a day when running arenas (i bet some do this far more). i know when I'm off, and i know when it's the ai acting differently, like many of you do too.

It's not often a game changer (he says before stepping into 5.2) i focus on intercepting more often and soldier on, but it is a cause for concern.

The game has started to feel overburdened with so many different graphical effects and complex calculations (possibly at an all time high courtesy of diminishing returns running behind the scenes). Are these inconsistencies just going to become more the norm?

Yeah it happened again to me in War i think the AI level is 300 lol
  • Options
    Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Thank god...u thought I was the only one.
    After placing a combo of 3-5, I activate my SP 1/2 but the AI does instant block.
    It's really frustrating to see this happening n not only in the arena but also the summoner gold contest one. Hell man IP on Herioc lv took 75% health of my venompool. I couldn't believe my eyes when the first time I fought him it was a instant defeat. Wow IP....things r f*** up.
  • Options
    Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    I can perfectly parry every time with a 4 hit combo, go for a 5 hit combo and its maybe 1/5...
  • Options
    Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    Don't het me started on the syms in AQ.. OH and OG vision just chills there and blocks his way to an spec 3. Not fun when you're running a 7500 prestige map 5.
  • Options
    Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Dakine86 wrote: »
    Don't het me started on the syms in AQ.. OH and OG vision just chills there and blocks his way to an spec 3. Not fun when you're running a 7500 prestige map 5.

I fight og vision twice per aw also. I have not had issues but i did have to change my og vis baiting style. His l1 i bait as i always have evade a rush(medium) and he usually uses it. His l2 seems to have changed. He only likes to use it if my champ is rushing towards him.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I've noticed changes but most of them were caused by 12.0 , but lately I've been noticing they are holding onto their specials and not as easy to bait as they used to be though I'm not quite sure when it changed.

It's more of an annoyance then anything but when it triggers all the combat related issues it turns into a nightmare where your champs just sit there and get pummeled or move on their own without being able to move or stop them.