**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hood, Venompool, and KG oh my!

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

If they fail the hood buff again I'm gonna lose it

Crazy because they never failed.
    Not this again, the hood buff as an ability set was pretty fun. That’s great, and I’m glad they’ve got designers who can make fun kits. But the entire point of the hood situation was that they got rid of what was good about the champion. And why people ranked him up.

What if air Walker got a buff and they removed his power gain and his sp3 buff and just redesigned him? What if gladiator hulk got a buff and they got rid of face me.

The point of buffs are to make champions useable yes, but also to stick to the core of the abilities. They didn’t do that with hood, that is a failure.

That’s where you’re wrong, he was more useful for the masses rather than the 1%. His previous buff was more then acceptable for the 99%. Easier to use, more damage etc…He would have been used MORE by people then the FEW that ranked him up for what little he offered.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

Waiting to see who gets the ronin treatment.

Ronin actually made the character slightly better

Nova, on the other hand, not so much
  • Options

Jaded said:

Not this again, the hood buff as an ability set was pretty fun. That’s great, and I’m glad they’ve got designers who can make fun kits. But the entire point of the hood situation was that they got rid of what was good about the champion. And why people ranked him up.

What if air Walker got a buff and they removed his power gain and his sp3 buff and just redesigned him? What if gladiator hulk got a buff and they got rid of face me.

The point of buffs are to make champions useable yes, but also to stick to the core of the abilities. They didn’t do that with hood, that is a failure.

That’s where you’re wrong, he was more useful for the masses rather than the 1%. His previous buff was more then acceptable but the 99%. Easier to use, more damage etc…He would have been used MORE by people then the FEW that ranked him up for what little he offered.
    That’s fine, but buffs need to reward players who have actually ranked champions up for specific uses, not remove those uses. Otherwise there is no point ranking anyone but the best champions who aren’t going to be buffed. Because they could be “buffed” and their place in your roster could be lost any second.

Why rank someone like Psylocke when her power control could be removed in a buff? Rank someone like doom because he’s not going to be buffed.
    While the point is understandable, it would matter how many are effected by the change. It’s okay to sacrifice a few feelings for the better. If only 1% have hood ranked up for his current mechanics but the other 99% all agree they would rank up the new hood, then the changes made would be deemed successful.

I get it, kabam decided to pull back the rework on him. So there is a line they feel they crossed as well. But from my standpoint they should have left him.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

That’s where you’re wrong, he was more useful for the masses rather than the 1%. His previous buff was more then acceptable but the 99%. Easier to use, more damage etc…He would have been used MORE by people then the FEW that ranked him up for what little he offered.
    That’s fine, but buffs need to reward players who have actually ranked champions up for specific uses, not remove those uses. Otherwise there is no point ranking anyone but the best champions who aren’t going to be buffed. Because they could be “buffed” and their place in your roster could be lost any second.

Why rank someone like Psylocke when her power control could be removed in a buff? Rank someone like doom because he’s not going to be buffed.
    While the point is understandable, it would matter how many are effected by the change. It’s okay to sacrifice a few feelings for the better. If only 1% have hood ranked up for his current mechanics but the other 99% all agree they would rank up the new hood, then the changes made would be deemed successful.

I get it, kabam decided to pull back the rework on him. So there is a line they feel they crossed as well. But from my standpoint they should have left him.
    Most people liked him because he was bugged. His regen was bugged. His bullet mechanic was bugged. The second he would have been fixed and worked as intended, that 99% would drop and most would have stopped using him.
    Well we didn’t really get a chance to use him before it was reverted then. So, still again they should have left him. You don’t know how many would have liked him, and regardless would have been still better then maw/nova buffs.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Texas_11 said:

ItsDamien said:

Texas_11 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hood will get a Value. I think they learned from last time. Just up his damage, leave everything else. That's it. I beg you Kabam.

I still think he gets the moderate as well as king groot.

Hood really doesn’t have anything to increase. They added things in there to make him useful.
    They won't do two moderates and an overhaul.

One value. One moderate. One overhaul.
    That’s the expectation but not the rule.

I think we get two moderate one overhaul.

Hopefully hood goes back to how he was.
    I hope they don't go anywhere near what that atrocity was. Persistent charge bullets, no thanks. Weird scaling miss mechanic, no thanks.

Want to put those on a new character? Go ahead.
    I hope so. Hood wasn’t very useful outside a couple of niche utility. If he stays the same as he is now with better numbers , he will not be that great. Morning to scale really.

The bullet mechanic was pretty neat.

Hood needs more than just a numbers tweak. That’s obvious from most of his synergies that just don’t work.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

This all sounds very good in theory, but how do you find out how many people like a buff? Sure you can listen to feedback but you can get a loud minority. Do you poll people 3 times a month and as long as a certain amount like it then that’s all good?

How many people is it ok to annoy by changing their champion? 1% is fine to you, but is 10%? 30?

Or, instead of annoying a minority who have a champ ranked up, and pleasing the majority - you could keep a champion functioning to their core abilities, and buff around it. So that you please those who have already ranked them, and you please those who haven’t, because the champion has been buffed.

Why go for a win-lose situation when you can go for a win-win? It doesn’t make any sense to annoy people who have ranked them up already, even if you view them as the 1%.
    Win-win situations are near impossible when speaking in terms of this many people. So it’s better to appease the masses rather then the few. I meant to judge by rank ups, if people rank up champs they have data on their uses as demonstrated previously. Kabam will know by their data the popularity of a champion. What happened here is kabam is listening to people that don’t have the data, aren’t as informed as they think they are. I understand accepting this is hard for people. Hood obviously hit the metrics kabam used to qualify for a buff. Meaning his current state wasn’t well used, and there wasn’t enough time after the buff to properly judge its popularity. Now we are getting a new hood, which at this point in time if it isn’t some magneto level buff it’s all been a waste of time.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    If they increase King Groot base damage and increase his regen.. he would become a sustainable champion.. I have 6* KG and Groot awaken.. :neutral:
    also have 6* Hood (hope the buff is combination of previous add-ons without removing his stagger mechanic, maybe more power gain from nullify opponents buffs.. so lock down buff dependent champions.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,392 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

This all sounds very good in theory, but how do you find out how many people like a buff? Sure you can listen to feedback but you can get a loud minority. Do you poll people 3 times a month and as long as a certain amount like it then that’s all good?

How many people is it ok to annoy by changing their champion? 1% is fine to you, but is 10%? 30?

Or, instead of annoying a minority who have a champ ranked up, and pleasing the majority - you could keep a champion functioning to their core abilities, and buff around it. So that you please those who have already ranked them, and you please those who haven’t, because the champion has been buffed.

Why go for a win-lose situation when you can go for a win-win? It doesn’t make any sense to annoy people who have ranked them up already, even if you view them as the 1%.
    Win-win situations are near impossible when speaking in terms of this many people. So it’s better to appease the masses rather then the few. I meant to judge by rank ups, if people rank up champs they have data on their uses as demonstrated previously. Kabam will know by their data the popularity of a champion. What happened here is kabam is listening to people that don’t have the data, aren’t as informed as they think they are. I understand accepting this is hard for people. Hood obviously hit the metrics kabam used to qualify for a buff. Meaning his current state wasn’t well used, and there wasn’t enough time after the buff to properly judge its popularity. Now we are getting a new hood, which at this point in time if it isn’t some magneto level buff it’s all been a waste of time.
    They said there gonna make the new hood this version somewhere that has new kit but also still core mechanic of the mystic class which be the whole sp2 fate seal.

I was more on side to old hood since the whole sp2 core mechanic was just gone even if they kept fate seal and changed the ability accuracy of buff to like per buff removed from this special increases damage sorta like how mystics sp3 deal a burst of damage from buffs nullified put this as sp2 for hood, then maybe tweak the invisibility as lowering every missed hit is kinda risky but maybe was intended to miss specials like strange and supremes so u dont take damage or miss time dex.

For the bullets he had which is what people liked added damage i kinda hated it just because constantly having to reload should reload like maybe how stealth spidey recharges his web shooters would be a better way possibly or hope be like this as maybe more interesting than parry heavy since cant really always heavy in higher content since every bit of health counts.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Oh, these are confirmed now?

Excited for all 3 without having the 6* versions. Hell, I don't even have a 5* KG, but I'm looking forward to Thicstick getting some love.
  • Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    King Groot was my first duped 6*, excited for this buff!
  • Options
    Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    Finally a month where I have more than one of them as 6*s
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    slacker said:

Waiting to see who gets the ronin treatment.

Actually the 1st ronin treatment was nova so it should be nova treatment instead.
    Most likely it'll be King Groot getting the numbers bump (Even Rich the man who's a big KG fan said he needed a numbers bump badly), Venompool gets the Update and Hood 3.0.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Venom pool was my first maxed 4*. He actually got me through quite a bit and now I’m exited to try out his buff
  • Options

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I'm sorry friendo, but with all the disagrees on your comments, it doesn't look like the 99% agrees with you. People liked the Hood buff because he was insanely bugged, that's not how he was actually meant to be. He was basically supposed to be Sunspot without the ability to refresh his Bullets every fight, and with an insignificant way to do so otherwise.

Imagine Sunspot without new Solar Charges every fight, the Heavy wouldn't allow him to siphon back Incinerates and Power and the Sp3 didn't reset them, but performing some weird type of Block was the only way to gain them back; and his main piece of utility (Perfect Block) was removed. THAT'S how bad the actual, non-bugged Hood Buff would've been. Once Kabam would've patched him up, he actually would've gotten worse than before.
    Unfortunate for you disagrees on the forum are meaningless and non indicative to reality.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    Hopefully they took their lesson from Hood and don't drastically alter King groot too much, KG already has an identity of good regen, fury buffs and the ability to permanently stack armor breaks, he just needs more consistency in some numbers and improvements to the ramp up process.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I'm sorry friendo, but with all the disagrees on your comments, it doesn't look like the 99% agrees with you. People liked the Hood buff because he was insanely bugged, that's not how he was actually meant to be. He was basically supposed to be Sunspot without the ability to refresh his Bullets every fight, and with an insignificant way to do so otherwise.

Imagine Sunspot without new Solar Charges every fight, the Heavy wouldn't allow him to siphon back Incinerates and Power and the Sp3 didn't reset them, but performing some weird type of Block was the only way to gain them back; and his main piece of utility (Perfect Block) was removed. THAT'S how bad the actual, non-bugged Hood Buff would've been. Once Kabam would've patched him up, he actually would've gotten worse than before.
    Unfortunate for you disagrees on the forum are meaningless and non indicative to reality.
    You haven't touched on anything after that, but I understand. We can only answer what we're capable of, eh?
    Wasting time going around in circles. Everyone loves to argue with the opposite opinion but rarely can one just accept that there isn’t a proper answer. Hood rn is barely above bottom of the barrel useful for the average player. Previous buff on hood had potential that the average player could pull him and be useful immediately.

Going on in these circles won’t change my mind, nor do I expect to change anyone else’s mind on the subject. When I stop responding to your comments it isn’t from lack of ability to answer your questions, it’s more about how I don’t need to waste my time anymore on a pointless subject since kabam is going to release a different buff to hood soon anyways. Take whatever lack of response following this post however you like. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Now we are getting a new hood, which at this point in time if it isn’t some magneto level buff it’s all been a waste of time.
    Why would it be a fail if it isn't Magneto level? Kabam have said that they won't be intentionally doing Magneto style buffs anymore and not every champion needs to be on the level of a top tier mutant. He just needs to be actually better than before and by a decent amount.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Now we are getting a new hood, which at this point in time if it isn’t some magneto level buff it’s all been a waste of time.
    Why would it be a fail if it isn't Magneto level? Kabam have said that they won't be intentionally doing Magneto style buffs anymore and not every champion needs to be on the level of a top tier mutant. He just needs to be actually better than before and by a decent amount.
    Magneto level buff = a well rounded compete kit
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Magneto level buff = a well rounded compete kit
    Hmmmm... that's much more fair I guess.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Looking forward to this! Got all at 6*