**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

More compensation for the parry/block fail bug?

2»

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Yeah, they should give out comp right now because of the Act 6 timer is going to expire and it will be gone forever.......

That's not OP's point. He is not asking for a full compensation. You cannot just ask players to hold off on difficult content till we figure this out and make them watch their items expire. I understand that giving compensation will need time to analyse the full impact of the problem in the game. But, they can take stop gap measures like they have done with aq. Give out a minimum set of revives and potions, extend the expiry time on items by a week or a month.
    It's going to be difficult, but it's not like everyone is asking for everything to be done on the first day of the bug. It's more than 2 weeks now. 14 days is the time for expiration on the overflow for revives and potions. So,its fair to expect some sort of compensation, even if it is the same as the first one
    My problem is that they are holding a beta to test Kabams fix but none of these people complaining about compensation or the parry bug are even talking about what's happening in the that beta. So many want it fixed but no one wants to help. It's even worse in the mega thread.
    Kabam have asked people to help and people who are knowledgeable or have the time to contribute are doing that. Not everyone who play the game will want to contribute on that level. We have some people who have expertise of the interest join the beta.Most people just want to play the game without any issues.
    Again, I was in agreement with you in the first weeks, because it was just the start of an issue. Asking for compensation as soon as something crops up is madness. But we have 2 weeks gone now, so it's not unreasonable for people to ask something to tide them over.
    I don't have the issue at all. And I've been pretty quiet on the whole topic and have submitted my videos to help show that on my device at least, it works.

I'm 100% for compensation. Totally agree that they will need to or will do something because it's a big issue but complaining about not being able to do act 6 or become TB is trivial right now. Both are optional and neither are going anywhere.
    The content is not going anywhere. The resources hoarded for completing them will go away. What this wait also does is people will expect a BIG compensation at the end and will definitely be dissapointed imby whatever that comes. Giving away small chunks before that will mitigate some unrest.
    Lets not kid ourselves. There's no way there won't be a group that will be upset about what we end up getting. More so if there's no units involved (usually never the case). It could be bigger than last July and we'll see some people not happy with it.
    But, no communication will only make things worse. The goal is to not make everyone happy because that is almost impossible. But, we could have people settle down if we send some sort of compensation so that they can start playing the game. There is also a case of sending items in bulk which may result in many of them expiring. Sending them in a staggered fashion could also help people use them in a timely manner.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

It’s not a priority for them, if it were it’d have been fixed by now. Like a bug that benefits players making it easy to complete contents like AOL or any other end-game content.

Yeah it's such a non priority for them that they're creating a specific beta to try and fix the issue, which is something they've never done in the past.

🙃
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

It’s not a priority for them, if it were it’d have been fixed by now. Like a bug that benefits players making it easy to complete contents like AOL or any other end-game content.

I don’t think this is the case, but I can see how it might feel that way in the absence of communication.

To the other comments above: If expiry is an issue, drop a load of 4-hour crystals on everyone.

Dr. Zola
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    "No soup for you!"
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    By now I was expecting to have 6.4 done. Still haven’t started it. I started saving up for 6.4 probably 2 or 3 months ago. I will also be waiting until this is solved to start 6.4
    DrZola said:

J0eySn0w said:

I don’t think this is the case, but I can see how it might feel that way in the absence of communication.

To the other comments above: If expiry is an issue, drop a load of 4-hour crystals on everyone.

Dr. Zola
    That would create another problem of rng. People will complain that they got too many small refills and no revives or potions. Interesting idea though. The crystal will depend on progression title?
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    edited July 2021
    Isn't the Beta test only for IOS users? I'm curious if anything will be done for Android users. That issue may have been addressed already and I just missed it, thanks!
    jdrum663 said:

Isn't the Beta test only for IOS users? I'm curious if anything will be done for Android users, thanks!

It is available for both users.
    Pulyaman said:

DrZola said:

J0eySn0w said:

Dr. Zola
    That would create another problem of rng. People will complain that they got too many small refills and no revives or potions. Interesting idea though. The crystal will depend on progression title?
    It could.

But if you really wanted to be magnanimous, give TB 4-hour crystals out. Sure, it’s pRNG, but it also allows players to use as needed. For those unaffected, it’s a bonus, but not a massive one.

If you give straight pots out, what’s the message you’re sending? Use them before they expire? After telling players to hang loose until things get fixed?

I’d rather have the pRNG than be forced to sell pots.

Dr. Zola
  • JaballyJabally Posts: 61
    J0eySn0w said:

I agree with this, If it was a priority they wouldn’t make a beta for people to test and instead they would just fix the problem. I bet making this public beta has taken a week in itself

• LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Hey @DrZola I was following your thread, both old (which was deleted) ane new one where @Kabam Miike and @DNA3000 wrote and described the issue in detail. But I cannot see your thread anymore in recent discussions. Has there been any updates? Please share if any.
    Thanks in advance! 🙏
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I understand your request, however how would a compensation help you? As you said, you have 2 weeks of vacation, so 2 packages. The bug is still there and in 6.4, even the slightest mistake costs you a lot. With this bug, the compensation would have to be enormous. I know it sucks that you will likely miss out the Aug TB calendar, but at the moment I think Kabam should rather fix the bug than send us items to burn.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Jabally said:

J0eySn0w said:

I agree with this, If it was a priority they wouldn’t make a beta for people to test and instead they would just fix the problem. I bet making this public beta has taken a week in itself

Bruh I don't think you understand what a beta is. This issue is occuring inconsistently on different devices. Kabam need to test the fix on a wide variety of devices to ensure it's working. The best way to do that is through a public beta.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Jabally said:

J0eySn0w said:

This is a conspiracy theory which isn’t allowed on the forums. It makes more sense to have a beta to test the fix then not to.
    edited July 2021
    LordPSN said:

Hey @DrZola I was following your thread, both old (which was deleted) ane new one where @Kabam Miike and @DNA3000 wrote and described the issue in detail. But I cannot see your thread anymore in recent discussions. Has there been any updates? Please share if any.
    Thanks in advance! 🙏

I will try to reply (again), since my previous reply disappeared.

I have heard nothing new. I assume that to mean there is no update as of this moment. But it would be super if someone from the actual game team confirmed that.

Perhaps look at the Suggestions and Requests tab? This thread has moved from General, to Bugs now to Suggestions just this morning. The old thread could be there, but I don’t know.

Dr. Zola
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    Cav needs a free 50% t5cc selector plz, so I can get TB! All spent units returned since bug and a 6* nexus would be nice too, but will settle for TB title with the 50% to 100% t5cc. :)
    ChiliDog said:

Cav needs a free 50% t5cc selector plz, so I can get TB! All spent units returned since bug and a 6* nexus would be nice too, but will settle for TB title with the 50% to 100% t5cc. :)

I am certain that is forthcoming. 😉

Dr. Zola
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

Yeah, they should give out comp right now because of the Act 6 timer is going to expire and it will be gone forever.......

Quotes such as the one above show how sometimes people don't really read the OP and then just write whatever.

First of all, I am the OP and I am glad the attention this post has generated. Was posted in General, then went to Bugs and now Suggestions. That is a lot of attention from the mods. Also, 3 pages of replies does mean something. Of which , I would like to address three very obvious points that have been raised in this thread, that, imho of course, curtail the chances of people to get a fair compensation for this bug.

Point #1: "We don't need yet more threads on this issue"

When I wrote the OP, yes I was aware that there were already several threads on this issue. but from what I read, most of them were about the complaints of the bugs itself and very little about the need of MORE COMPENSATION NOW, NOT WHEN THE BUG ENDS (the reason for this will be explained in a later point, on Point #3 below).

Besides, if starting yet another thread made people continue posting and mods noticing, then so be it. The more the voices that complain the more the chances for attention.

Point #2: "It is silly to ask for compensation if he bug prevents you from completing static content such as Act 6, Act 7, etc."

an example of this is the quote I brought up of the beginning of this post. Look, yes I am not stupid, yes I know that Act 6 will be there forever for me to complete. but it so happens that s you think like this, you are completely missing TWO very important factors:

a) Being Act 6 as static as it may, BEING ABLE TO BECOME CAVALIER OR THRONEBREAKER NOW (NOT LATER) GREATLY AFFECTS THE REWARDS YOU CAN GET IN TIME SENSITIVE CURRENT EVENTS SUCH AS SUMMER OF PAIN AND SENTINELS OF LIBERTY. Case in in point, as I stated on the OP, I had set this week to become TB because of my life work/situation. I couldn't because of the bug. And because of this I already missed on completing the TB challenges of SoP. Even if they fix the bug next week and give a hefty compensation at the end, the chance for getting those challenge points are long gone already.

b) If you happen to have a life/work situation that allows you to complete MCOC content at your leisure and whenever you want, then good for you. I am happy that you are able to enjoy the game at your leisure. However, please understand that not everybody who plays this game is in the same situation as you. Some of us DO NOT have the liberty to do content that requires and extra amount of focus whenever we want. Do you think that, for example, an ER Medic has the liberty to focus and take down the 6.2.6 Champion whenever he wants? Don't you think that even on his/her spare time he would probably rather do some non-stressful content to wind down, and leave the high stress content for vacations and such? Yes? You you do? If so then just shut up and let people complain if a bug is preventing them to do stressful content on the time they had set apart to do it.

Point #3: " We should get a lump compensation when the bug is fixed, not them just trickling down smaller compensation packages while the bug is on"

Simply put, NO. And this is for the reasons I outlined in Points #1 and Points #2 above. This bug is affecting me NOW. It is stopping my progression on its tracks ( and ALL its associated time sensitive side event rewards) NOW. If they fix the bug in two weeks, I will be back into my busy/stressful life situation then and it will be too late for me to set time aside to do this, plus I would have already lost even more rewards from SoP.

So nope, compensation must come NOW. And should keep coming until they fix the bug.

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Before I write what I'm about to write, let it be known that I am not one inclined to complain that we dont get too much free stuff in the game. Actually, I do believe that as time has passed by, Kabam has slowly but surely pegged down a somewhat ok rhythm on which to trickle down stuff to players as they need it. This is not necessarily free of course, it usually involves doing something in the game, but in general I have felt that the game has gotten better at rewarding me for doing content just with the right amount of stuff according to my progression level and ranking needs.

But this whole parry/block bug is a whole different ballpark. It just so happens that it came exactly on the time I had set apart for completing Act 6 and becoming TB ( just one selector away from R3ing my Warlock).

Was dead busy with life work until a week ago. Before that was slowly but surely building up my roster to tackle Act 6. The second half of July was the time I had sent apart to get Act 6 done. Yeah I received the whatever compensation package but I just finally took down 6.3.6 CAIW yesterday and now I'm outta of revives, boosts, pots and even units. 6.2 and 6.3 had me burn through all the units and pots I had been saving, was hoping they would carry me through till the grandmaster but nope, ran out at CAIW . No I am not the best player out there so I do depend on pots and rezzes for handling tough content. No I am not saying that if the parry/block bug weren't here I wouldn't have used pots, rezzes and units. I sure would have but what I'm saying is that that THE PARRY BUG HAS DEFINITELY RAISED THE COSTS OF HANDLING ACT 6. Because I am not the best dexxer, I run my maxxed sig R5 Guardian and CAIW. They are my bread and butter, the staple of my team. In fact, Guardian is there just to boost the BP of my other top champs such as HT, Warlock, Doom, etc. But the parry/block bug has had me clipped more often that I would normally be clipped, hence running out of pots, rezzes and units.

Now August will be here soon and my life/work will get busy again, no chance to focus on 6.4 . And I refuse to do 6.4 now with the parry bug still on the game. Even If I wanted to I dont have the units to do so, and I will definitely not reward Kabam by buying units from them when it is precisely their bug what that made me run out of units in the first place. And in the meantime I am losing on the chance of becoming TB and reap the rewards of the August TB calendar and the SoP objectives. It pisses me that I wont be able to get TB within the only two weeks of vacation I have. Wouldn't be surprised that they fix it by August when I'm already busy again to focus on the game for getting TB.

Again, I am not one to usually ask for free stuff but I do think that since this bug is of Kabam's making , and it is NOT a trivial bug (as it truly prevents you from completing tough content) I do believe that Kabam should keep the compensation coming until they fix it. They should compensate us weekly for each week they don't fix the bug. If this Wednesday the bug is still here, then each Wednesday we should get a compensation package for all the weeks to come on which the bug is still in the game.

Mic drop 🎤

You don't have to complete a whole chapter in a day or week or on your vacation. You can do one 6 4.1 on Monday and 6.4.2 on Tuesday or next Tuesday. Hell, you can do one fight a week if that's all the time you have. So I don't really see why you deserve compensation because this bug happened to occur during a certain period of time.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

Before I write what I'm about to write, let it be known that I am not one inclined to complain that we dont get too much free stuff in the game. Actually, I do believe that as time has passed by, Kabam has slowly but surely pegged down a somewhat ok rhythm on which to trickle down stuff to players as they need it. This is not necessarily free of course, it usually involves doing something in the game, but in general I have felt that the game has gotten better at rewarding me for doing content just with the right amount of stuff according to my progression level and ranking needs.

But this whole parry/block bug is a whole different ballpark. It just so happens that it came exactly on the time I had set apart for completing Act 6 and becoming TB ( just one selector away from R3ing my Warlock).

Was dead busy with life work until a week ago. Before that was slowly but surely building up my roster to tackle Act 6. The second half of July was the time I had sent apart to get Act 6 done. Yeah I received the whatever compensation package but I just finally took down 6.3.6 CAIW yesterday and now I'm outta of revives, boosts, pots and even units. 6.2 and 6.3 had me burn through all the units and pots I had been saving, was hoping they would carry me through till the grandmaster but nope, ran out at CAIW . No I am not the best player out there so I do depend on pots and rezzes for handling tough content. No I am not saying that if the parry/block bug weren't here I wouldn't have used pots, rezzes and units. I sure would have but what I'm saying is that that THE PARRY BUG HAS DEFINITELY RAISED THE COSTS OF HANDLING ACT 6. Because I am not the best dexxer, I run my maxxed sig R5 Guardian and CAIW. They are my bread and butter, the staple of my team. In fact, Guardian is there just to boost the BP of my other top champs such as HT, Warlock, Doom, etc. But the parry/block bug has had me clipped more often that I would normally be clipped, hence running out of pots, rezzes and units.

Now August will be here soon and my life/work will get busy again, no chance to focus on 6.4 . And I refuse to do 6.4 now with the parry bug still on the game. Even If I wanted to I dont have the units to do so, and I will definitely not reward Kabam by buying units from them when it is precisely their bug what that made me run out of units in the first place. And in the meantime I am losing on the chance of becoming TB and reap the rewards of the August TB calendar and the SoP objectives. It pisses me that I wont be able to get TB within the only two weeks of vacation I have. Wouldn't be surprised that they fix it by August when I'm already busy again to focus on the game for getting TB.

Again, I am not one to usually ask for free stuff but I do think that since this bug is of Kabam's making , and it is NOT a trivial bug (as it truly prevents you from completing tough content) I do believe that Kabam should keep the compensation coming until they fix it. They should compensate us weekly for each week they don't fix the bug. If this Wednesday the bug is still here, then each Wednesday we should get a compensation package for all the weeks to come on which the bug is still in the game.

Mic drop 🎤

You don't have to complete a whole chapter in a day or week or on your vacation. You can do one 6 4.1 on Monday and 6.4.2 on Tuesday or next Tuesday. Hell, you can do one fight a week if that's all the time you have. So I don't really see why you deserve compensation because this bug happened to occur during a certain period of time.
    Again, another one who didn't really read carefully the OP, nor read the following post by the OP, which was right before this post btw.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

Mic drop 🎤

Yeah lets adjust the game to your needs and schedule.
  • BlarghBlargh Posts: 38
    Since this situation results directly in spending resources not otherwise needed, and/or having to sell off resources due to expire from non-use, significant compensation makes sense, *especially* in situations like the OP where down river rewards are lost due to the issues and timing etc.