Summoners, the Necrosword Crystals (the crystals in the Knull Cavalier Preview Bundle) currently have a higher than intended drop rate of 6-Star Champions.

We will be leaving the crystals as is for the time being, but will be correcting the drop rates before Knull receives his official release on October 28th. To ensure that this does not affect anybody that purchased this preview bundle, we will be auto-opening these crystals before that date, but this means you will not see what you received. To avoid any confusion, please open your crystals yourself ASAP.

Using Bishop on Cavalier Mutant Map

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 143 ★★
When bishop holds block to purify a bleed (and gain a regen) he isn’t gaining a fury. The map states’ whenever a mutant attacker removes a bleed effect they gain a permanent passive fury’.

Posted this July 7th in bugs forum. No response. Would be nice if buffed champs worked correctly in current content. Maybe.fix this before the event ends. @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    I think that the problem is that the node in question only interprets "removes bleeds" as "removes bleeds through this particular node interaction" (that is, by launching a special attack) and not any other way of removing bleeds from yourself.

    It would be nice if they looked through the mutant roster. I have a feeling that there are several champs who deal with bleeds in various ways who are not getting any bonuses. Rogue and Beast are two I suspect might have a bit of trouble building furies despite being good at dealing with bleed debuffs by reducing their duration significantly.

    I would honestly just change the node so that you get a fury every time a bleed disappears from you, whether that is by you launching a special attack or due to some other reason. It feels a little unnecessarily restrictive to only allow the champs to build furies by having a full immunity rather than permit every way to deal with the debuff. Kabam has designed different champs with different ways of dealing with the problem, so let people use whatever means they have at their disposal without punishing them with a loss of fury potential.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 973 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

    I think that the problem is that the node in question only interprets "removes bleeds" as "removes bleeds through this particular node interaction" (that is, by launching a special attack) and not any other way of removing bleeds from yourself.

    It would be nice if they looked through the mutant roster. I have a feeling that there are several champs who deal with bleeds in various ways who are not getting any bonuses. Rogue and Beast are two I suspect might have a bit of trouble building furies despite being good at dealing with bleed debuffs by reducing their duration significantly.

    I would honestly just change the node so that you get a fury every time a bleed disappears from you, whether that is by you launching a special attack or due to some other reason. It feels a little unnecessarily restrictive to only allow the champs to build furies by having a full immunity rather than permit every way to deal with the debuff. Kabam has designed different champs with different ways of dealing with the problem, so let people use whatever means they have at their disposal without punishing them with a loss of fury potential.

    For rouge I can confirm there's no problem. My 4 star is MVP for mutant map.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★
    Is your Bishop duped? Did he start the fight with at least 1 bar of power?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    Guytennis said:


    It doesn’t says ‘removes a bleed due to a special’. Just ‘removes a bleed’, which is what bishop does.

    I know, but it doesn't seem to work that way (at least where Bishop's concerned). So, something's wrong despite what the node says in its description. My theory, then, was that maybe the node was designed to give furies to either those who were fully bleed immune or those who removed bleed due to using specials in accordance with the node, and that Bishop was a bugged exception to that dichotomy. He technically does what the node requires him to do, but it doesn't recognize it since it might have been designed with only one "bleed removal" in mind.

    But I may have been wrong given that @BuggyDClown has no problem with Rogue (who I assumed would run into a similar problem). So maybe it's just Bishop who is bugged. (Cheers, Buggy, for chiming in. Good to know she's an option that works great.)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

    Guytennis said:


    It doesn’t says ‘removes a bleed due to a special’. Just ‘removes a bleed’, which is what bishop does.

    I know, but it doesn't seem to work that way (at least where Bishop's concerned). So, something's wrong despite what the node says in its description. My theory, then, was that maybe the node was designed to give furies to either those who were fully bleed immune or those who removed bleed due to using specials in accordance with the node, and that Bishop was a bugged exception to that dichotomy. He technically does what the node requires him to do, but it doesn't recognize it since it might have been designed with only one "bleed removal" in mind.

    But I may have been wrong given that @BuggyDClown has no problem with Rogue (who I assumed would run into a similar problem). So maybe it's just Bishop who is bugged. (Cheers, Buggy, for chiming in. Good to know she's an option that works great.)
    So.. is your Bishop duped? Did you bring any synergies to get him to start with at least 1 bar of power?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 973 ★★★★
    @Ercarret I think you may be right for Bishop. His abilities work little different like removal which is similar to purify but different in nature. I think that nodes interacts with removal differently. So Bishop may ne bugged or node may have to be updated. I have seen cases where Rouge, Namor didn't gained fury when they used specials. So Node have some other unusual interaction too

    Also yeah, Rouge is very solid even as 4 star for it. With continuous sp1 she can heal for a day and pretty much a very sustainable option.
  • Zan0Zan0 Posts: 2,839 ★★★★★
    Are you making sure to start with 0 power in every fight?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★
    Anyway, if your Bishop is duped and you start the fight with more than 1 bar, blocking to remove the bleed will also cause defender ability accuracy to drop by 80%, which will in turn negate the node.

  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    xNig said:

    Ercarret said:

    Guytennis said:


    It doesn’t says ‘removes a bleed due to a special’. Just ‘removes a bleed’, which is what bishop does.

    I know, but it doesn't seem to work that way (at least where Bishop's concerned). So, something's wrong despite what the node says in its description. My theory, then, was that maybe the node was designed to give furies to either those who were fully bleed immune or those who removed bleed due to using specials in accordance with the node, and that Bishop was a bugged exception to that dichotomy. He technically does what the node requires him to do, but it doesn't recognize it since it might have been designed with only one "bleed removal" in mind.

    But I may have been wrong given that @BuggyDClown has no problem with Rogue (who I assumed would run into a similar problem). So maybe it's just Bishop who is bugged. (Cheers, Buggy, for chiming in. Good to know she's an option that works great.)
    So.. is your Bishop duped? Did you bring any synergies to get him to start with at least 1 bar of power?
    Oh, sorry, I thought you asked OP.

    My Bishop is unduped. I don't think I brought any synergies, at least none of those "start with 1 bar of power" ones. Might have brought Pyramid X but I think I mostly brought other non-synergy mutants.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 143 ★★
    We don’t need fan theories, a moderator can enlighten us with fact from kabam. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious anyone
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Also since this has been started: I'm pretty sure that if Apoc has, let's say, 3 bleeds on him but then becomes bleed immune and gets rid of the bleeds currently on him he gains no fury.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 1,032 ★★★★

    Also since this has been started: I'm pretty sure that if Apoc has, let's say, 3 bleeds on him but then becomes bleed immune and gets rid of the bleeds currently on him he gains no fury.

    My Apoc was able to gain furies when they failed to apply due to his immunity. Not sure if the act of shrugging granted him furies though.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

    Also since this has been started: I'm pretty sure that if Apoc has, let's say, 3 bleeds on him but then becomes bleed immune and gets rid of the bleeds currently on him he gains no fury.

    My Apoc was able to gain furies when they failed to apply due to his immunity. Not sure if the act of shrugging granted him furies though.
    Yeah I know for a fact his immunity works but the shrugging seems to not
Sign In or Register to comment.