**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do you think of the Hood buff?

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
So, the spotlight for the Hood buff is out. The fate seal is back and so is the hex pistols mechanics, but the new invisibility mechanic to (RIP missing Warmachine SP1 fully). So what do you think?

What do you think of the Hood buff? 109 votes

The new Hood buff is straight good.
16%
GNASTYSceptilemaniacLiquidkoldMysteriombraceRakeYoungMobile_P0tat0PoorlyMadeMaxwell24Doctor_Strange19Nameless_IWChaosMax1012PrtjoAdjeriusMrInsanitySchnoodleorpimeSItaliesRichdog 18 votes
The new Hood buff is a bit good
27%
SaiyanLeediman39Samuel030sLibertyPrimeV1Scopeotoe987JMORG1111VoltolosIron_Patriot_is_litSuperchampion_MaratoxLegendary_NoobPdogg614Dfour24Param1988MCOCHazzaBuffBeastAgent_X_zzzodishika123HoitadoElsaMLP 30 votes
The new Hood buff is neither good nor bad.
12%
DrZolaSpity68ChitlinspseudosaneRaichu626DJMNHAomine_Daiki10JohnyBoyTheMailmannAlmccarthyTostig32Drew3808JoshKosh557MarshMarlo 14 votes
The new Hood buff is a bit bad.
9%
MoosetiptronicColonaut123spiderbites0196RockypantherxCaptain_Pug30EtjamaChikelTrashyPandaScrubhanCabbageRancher 10 votes
The new Hood buff is straight bad.
4%
ItsDamiengforcefanUsername19273ShadyStrawberryHaptichorizon 5 votes
Don't know yet/no opinion
29%
BitterSteelJadedthanks4playingLvernon15Wicket329lIPowerIlGustavo20Grootman1294SnakepZeezoosBugmat78dot_dittophillmostKillswitch01BonzodavidErcarretRenaxqqHagureMeijinThanks_D19PuttPutt 32 votes

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    He will need the 3 knockdown bullets synergy otherwise he won't be good
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

I'm very, very cautiously optimistic about it potentially being fun to miss and counter, whether his new miss mechanic can be use in conjuncture with dexing to miss multi hit specials, whether it's feasible to cycle invisibility if you wanted to counter Apoc's sp1 time and time again by missing it and getting back to invisibility again, and lastly whether the bullet mechanic feels like you run out of steam far too easily.

My predictions:
    1. It will definitely be fun to miss and counter
    2. Apparently it's actually better odds than before for dexing 3 or less hit specials, after that it gets worse
    3. That might be a little difficult unless you play it like Falcon v Electro where you only hit them while invisible
    4. Bullet mechanic will need 3 bullet knockdown synergy mark my words
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I honestly hope that I (and others who aren't happy) will be given the option to rank him down. I didn't rank up a persistent charge champ with an awkward bullet mechanic. I don't care about the gold, or the ISO, but I want the rank up resources back.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I hope you're wrong but I fear you're right.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    You included only 6 options , should have included 10 more.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

You included only 6 options , should have included 10 more.

I sense sarcasm 😅
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I'm very, very cautiously optimistic about it potentially being fun to miss and counter, whether his new miss mechanic can be use in conjuncture with dexing to miss multi hit specials, whether it's feasible to cycle invisibility if you wanted to counter Apoc's sp1 time and time again by missing it and getting back to invisibility again, and lastly whether the bullet mechanic feels like you run out of steam far too easily.

My predictions:
    1. It will definitely be fun to miss and counter
    2. Apparently it's actually better odds than before for dexing 3 or less hit specials, after that it gets worse
    3. That might be a little difficult unless you play it like Falcon v Electro where you only hit them while invisible
    4. Bullet mechanic will need 3 bullet knockdown synergy mark my words
    Just in regards to 2, I'm aware of how the %s work for 3 hit and 4 hit, but what that doesn't take into account is player input. Pre buff hood you had a 90% on each, so you couldn't ever predict which projectiles would miss and would have to just stand there and hope. However, post buff hood, you know the first and second will miss, then you can have 80% chance for the 3rd hit to miss, and any subsequent hits can be dexed. (You can also dex the 3rd to take care of the 20% chance of it failing). So I think there's actually a good chance that if you get skilled at it, and the input can be timed for specials like War machine sp1, his invisibility could be incredibly useful - even for multi hit specials.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Can we wait till it’s live to make a real poll about it?

I agree, it’s really hard to judge a champion before you actually see them in action.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Shouldn’t say that early.
  • PoorlyMadePoorlyMade Posts: 55
    ItsDamien said:

I honestly hope that I (and others who aren't happy) will be given the option to rank him down. I didn't rank up a persistent charge champ with an awkward bullet mechanic. I don't care about the gold, or the ISO, but I want the rank up resources back.

Okay but he keeps most of the mechanics that made him useful but now he has damage, complaining just to complain doesnt add anything to the conversation.

ItsDamien said:

Okay but he keeps most of the mechanics that made him useful but now he has damage, complaining just to complain doesnt add anything to the conversation.
    Yes, but I didn't rank up a persistent charge champion, especially one where the possibility of running out of charges and slowly regaining them without a synergy that really should be in his base kit. I don't care how good or how much "better" other people think he is. This isn't the champion I ranked up prior to a buff ever being announced. If this was how he always worked, I would have NEVER ranked him up because I don't like how he works mechanically. But it's not how he worked when I ranked him. This isn't The Hood I ranked. This is a new champion wearing the skin of The Hood and not one I would ever invest resources into ever.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Consider what happened before, it can only lean towards good.
  • Pdogg614Pdogg614 Posts: 78
    edited July 2021
    I think it will be good, do feel like that 3 bullet synergy will be needed. That’s ok with me cause I have a r3 moleman and he’s one of my fav champs anyways. I r2ed mine just today in anticipation cause either way he will be decent and he is less of a burden now when I run kingpin or ghost and want hood along.

What I live about the knock down synergy is you can get to max bullets by just playing his other style of trying to keep the bleed or fateseal up. Also there’s no reason to stack to a crazy number cause it’s not like they give benefits the more u have, it will be better to detonate often to keep getting the 3 back as much as possible.

Not unrealistic tho I think he’s gonna be good but not insane, I have him duped and unduped diablo at r2 now and my next mystic r3 is still likely diablo even unduped.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I’m excited
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Yes, but I didn't rank up a persistent charge champion, especially one where the possibility of running out of charges and slowly regaining them without a synergy that really should be in his base kit. I don't care how good or how much "better" other people think he is. This isn't the champion I ranked up prior to a buff ever being announced. If this was how he always worked, I would have NEVER ranked him up because I don't like how he works mechanically. But it's not how he worked when I ranked him. This isn't The Hood I ranked. This is a new champion wearing the skin of The Hood and not one I would ever invest resources into ever.
    What is worse with him post-buff compared to pre-buff? I'm genuinely curious since I've never had a 5 or 6* version of him and therefore isn't too familiar with his kit. In the previous buff attempt I could understand that the lack of a fate seal was an egregious omission that significantly changed the character, but this time the bullet mechanic just seems like an added extra to me. Even if the mechanic itself does not work especially well or you never gel with it, it still just seems like essentially the same champ with a bit of extra damage in my eyes. Where's the problem?
    Ercarret said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

What is worse with him post-buff compared to pre-buff? I'm genuinely curious since I've never had a 5 or 6* version of him and therefore isn't too familiar with his kit. In the previous buff attempt I could understand that the lack of a fate seal was an egregious omission that significantly changed the character, but this time the bullet mechanic just seems like an added extra to me. Even if the mechanic itself does not work especially well or you never gel with it, it still just seems like essentially the same champ with a bit of extra damage in my eyes. Where's the problem?
    I. Do. Not. Like. The. Persistent. Bullet. Mechanic. I think it's an awful system. It's something that never needed to be added. I played with it when it was released before and hated it. There is nothing that can change my mind, more damage or not. This is not the champion I choose to rank up anymore. If he always had this mechanic, I would have never ranked him up, not for prestige, not for damage, not for utility, because I do not like that mechanic.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    His miss seems much more plain now. I’ll take it ig
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I didn’t really use old buff/nerfed/whatever hood, so don’t have too much to say, my only comment, why did it take this long for such minimal changes from his other form, I’m not usually one to complain about this sort of thing, but it doesn’t make sense to me how it took this long to add his hex to his sp2 and very slightly increase damage
    ItsDamien said:

Ercarret said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I. Do. Not. Like. The. Persistent. Bullet. Mechanic. I think it's an awful system. It's something that never needed to be added. I played with it when it was released before and hated it. There is nothing that can change my mind, more damage or not. This is not the champion I choose to rank up anymore. If he always had this mechanic, I would have never ranked him up, not for prestige, not for damage, not for utility, because I do not like that mechanic.
    Then quite simply this character isn’t for you. That doesn’t mean his buff is bad necessarily, but some people may hate his play style, others love it.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    More I think about it, the more pissed I get. It's not just that I dislike the buff (it's okay, but why remove old functionality?), but how Kabam has handled this.

It took them all these months to come up with this? After all that feedback. And it counted as a promised buff slot?

Hell, they could've just kept Bugged Hood, more or less:

- Hex Seal, duh.

- As someone suggested, Ranged Attacks could've been made to not reduce Miss chance. Or just make them always a flat 90%. People ranked him for that functionality. It wasn't just Hex Seal.

- The Regen bug wasn't OP, lmao. Just a nice addition. Simply let the Staggers stack indefinitely to placate those who hate the new Stagger, as well as those who loved the Regen.

- The Heavy-Bulletgain mechanic wasn't OP. Hell, it was added back as a synergy -- just keep it in the base kit. Jeez.

- The new signature is worse. There was no reason to tie it to the Bullet system. If it's not an improvement, leave it alone.

Keep in mind, Kabam hotfixed Bugged Hood's Regen (and bullet gain?) in like a day or two. It's not like they're programming in Assembly, lol.

I feel like I'm farming Disagrees today, lol. Oh well, I am Trashy.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I didn’t really use old buff/nerfed/whatever hood, so don’t have too much to say, my only comment, why did it take this long for such minimal changes from his other form, I’m not usually one to complain about this sort of thing, but it doesn’t make sense to me how it took this long to add his hex to his sp2 and very slightly increase damage

My guess would be going back and forth on ideas, testing and making sure they felt it was right.

Whether they have got that right in the end is up for debate and testing, but I really doubt they decided this a week after reverting it and held onto it for months until now

More I think about it, the more pissed I get. It's not just that I dislike the buff (it's okay, but why remove old functionality?), but how Kabam has handled this.

It took them all these months to come up with this? After all that feedback. And it counted as a promised buff slot?

Hell, they could've just kept Bugged Hood, more or less:

- Hex Seal, duh.

- As someone suggested, Ranged Attacks could've been made to not reduce Miss chance. Or just make them always a flat 90%. People ranked him for that functionality. It wasn't just Hex Seal.

- The Regen bug wasn't OP, lmao. Just a nice addition. Simply let the Staggers stack indefinitely to placate those who hate the new Stagger, as well as those who loved the Regen.

- The Heavy-Bulletgain mechanic wasn't OP. Hell, it was added back as a synergy -- just keep it in the base kit. Jeez.

- The new signature is worse. There was no reason to tie it to the Bullet system. If it's not an improvement, leave it alone.

Keep in mind, Kabam hotfixed Bugged Hood's Regen (and bullet gain?) in like a day or two. It's not like they're programming in Assembly, lol.

I feel like I'm farming Disagrees today, lol. Oh well, I am Trashy.

I agree for the most part. His regen was pretty broken, needed to go down a notch or 2

ItsDamien said:

Ercarret said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Then quite simply this character isn’t for you. That doesn’t mean his buff is bad necessarily, but some people may hate his play style, others love it.
    It makes the buff bad in my eyes as someone who ranked up Hood before a buff was ever announced. Now I'm left with a character that I will not use at all with wasted resources because instead of making a new character to give those mechanics to, they slapped it on a champ who didn't need extra steps to get more damage. I could not care if others love this buff and think it's their new favourite thing, good for them. I don't. I hate it. Nothing will make me change my mind on that, and thus the buff to me is bad.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Ercarret said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

It makes the buff bad in my eyes as someone who ranked up Hood before a buff was ever announced. Now I'm left with a character that I will not use at all with wasted resources because instead of making a new character to give those mechanics to, they slapped it on a champ who didn't need extra steps to get more damage. I could not care if others love this buff and think it's their new favourite thing, good for them. I don't. I hate it. Nothing will make me change my mind on that, and thus the buff to me is bad.
    Didn’t kabam hand out rank down tickets after they reverted the buff?

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Ercarret said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Only to people who ranked him up after his first buff and then reverted it. People who ranked him up before he was buffed didn't get tickets.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Ercarret said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Only to people who ranked him up after his first buff and then reverted it. People who ranked him up before he was buffed didn't get tickets.
    Dont know what to say then. I think he basically keeps everything in his kit, but his damage comes through a new mechanic.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★

I agree for the most part. His regen was pretty broken, needed to go down a notch or 2

Hrm, I'll admit it's been a while; I might be misremembering its potency. I don't remember it being on the level of what I consider 'regen' champs, like BWCV, Blade, Diablo, etc.

On a personal level, I'd trade regen for the combined Invisibility mechanic. Any day. Granted, that's a bit of a steal -- Old Hood's regen was so inconsequential that it was kinda pointless, lol.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Ercarret said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

In all honesty, I totally get your argument. And I feel bad for you.

For myself, I'm withholding judgement (and opinions) till I get to try him out. But it looks like he's going to feel quite different to play, and he's a champ you previously enjoyed playing the way he was, so: sorry, man.

Nothing else. Just that sometimes the forums seem full of people arguing; and I thought the thing to do was just to get your point, instead.