**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

VERY Interesting Patent Kabam. Changes Reward Probabilities based on Spending? Hmm

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
dauze62i1b2q.png

Comments

• Jean_gryJean_gry Posts: 34
    Screen shoted cuz I know kabam will delete this soon.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Can open. Worms everywhere.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    It's their patent. Public Knowledge. Deleting this thread would seem kinda fishy.

All I said was it was interesting. And it is.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    HQ101 wrote: »
    dauze62i1b2q.png

Most companies have patents but it doesn't mean that they are in use. As a heavy spender my odds seem worse than non-spenders so I would refute this theory.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    It seems fine to me, scroll down it just lists what things Kabam have in place, like being able to give virtual items to players, doing deals etc for sale.

All seems fine, I spend a bit too, my pulls aren't anything amazing
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    there are several references to probabilities only changing when your spending level changes.
  • Draco2199 wrote: »
    HQ101 wrote: »
    dauze62i1b2q.png

Most companies have patents but it doesn't mean that they are in use. As a heavy spender my odds seem worse than non-spenders so I would refute this theory.

That’s because it works opposite of what you think. Big spenders worse odds, F2P players better odds to encourage spending on resources.
    from the patent text ... "distribution probability that increases as the first user's spending metric indicates a decrease in spending level."
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    So they got caught out?
    from the patent ... "In some implementations a distribution probability may be a function of one or more variables, including, the spending metric of the user. In some implementations the function may be a mathematical derivation of one or more variables, including the spending metric. In some implementations the function may not be a strictly mathematical derivation, and may instead be an algorithmic expression of one or more variables, including the spending metric."
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Lol... A patent they owned before the game even started is somehow relevant. Jesus you guys are stretching.

If "luck" improved with spending, I'd have much better results after almost 3 years and close to $15K spent.
  • Limitless216Limitless216 Posts: 62
    Great find OP. Many of us have been saying this. More rare champs are given to spenders. It's obvious.Thanks for posting the proof!
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Shameful company and liars! We all knew it
    Well they we're a gambling company before this. They are masters of manipulation
    what it means is that they built the game to correlate spending with rewards since the day of inception.
    Lurker wrote: »
    what it means is that they built the game to correlate spending with rewards since the day of inception.

Think everyone knew that. I knew something was up so at first I researched their other games, specifically fast and furious and the discussion boards were awful. Ppl hated kabam. Everything was based off spending and kabam just abandoned the game. Just what I read
    Kocheese wrote: »

Think everyone knew that. I knew something was up so at first I researched their other games, specifically fast and furious and the discussion boards were awful. Ppl hated kabam. Everything was based off spending and kabam just abandoned the game. Just what I read

I was responding to ...
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Lol... A patent they owned before the game even started is somehow relevant. Jesus you guys are stretching.

If "luck" improved with spending, I'd have much better results after almost 3 years and close to $15K spent.

but I forget to quote. I know it makes it hard to read. I'm not all that frequent of a msg board user...until lately. sorry.
    This is why ppl will never be able to sue Kabam. They are very good at being immune to any type of litigation. They have been pros at this way before mcoc
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    91KiX wrote: »
    Those of you defending this nonsense is atrocious especially when they’ve said time after
    time how it’s all “random” FOH

I agree. if they said from the beginning that this is how it works, no problem. it's the lying that really irks me.

💯 Agree, they have been on record time and time again starting it's random. Facts are facts.

Took the words right out of my mouf.
  • rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    edited November 2017
    This is actually pretty significant. I really doubt Kabam is one of those companies that make up a ton of patents, in hopes that they'll be able to sue someone. I'd think it would be more likely that if they requested a patent, it's because this is something that's on the way, or already in design or development.
    Great find OP. Many of us have been saying this. More rare champs are given to spenders. It's obvious.Thanks for posting the proof!

Of course more champs are given to spenders, they keep spending until they get them lol.
    91KiX wrote: »
    Those of you defending this nonsense is atrocious especially when they’ve said time after
    time how it’s all “random” FOH

I agree. if they said from the beginning that this is how it works, no problem. it's the lying that really irks me.

💯 Agree, they have been on record time and time again starting it's random. Facts are facts.

Took the words right out of my mouf.

But it's still a random chance, also this is a patent for kabam games not just MCOC. The random chance is based off the algorithm. Everyone knows this is a game of chance so not sure why this is a big deal. You have a better chance not getting what you want. Your odds increase if you keep spending until you get it. Seems pretty simple.
This discussion has been closed.