**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Drop rate change? Shady sneaking

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★

Not to be that guy, but the Update to Drop Rates was for the regular Crystals. We don't even know if that included Nexus Cavs or not. Nothing was said.

If that was the case and them drop rates are correct why give us nexus crystals which in effect have the same drop rate as the updated normal crystals?
    You don't just roll once. You roll 3 times.
    I know I bought them, but each individual spin on the nexus has a much lower chance so it equates to roughly the same odds as a buffed cav crystal?
    That's not how it works. Regardless of the Drop Rates, you get 3 rolls per Crystal. The normal Crystals give one roll, and you get what you roll. The Nexus provides a choice. Not better Drop Rates.
  • Options
    AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 103

Not to be that guy, but the Update to Drop Rates was for the regular Crystals. We don't even know if that included Nexus Cavs or not. Nothing was said.

If that was the case and them drop rates are correct why give us nexus crystals which in effect have the same drop rate as the updated normal crystals?
    I know I bought them, but each individual spin on the nexus has a much lower chance so it equates to roughly the same odds as a buffed cav crystal?
    That's not how it works. Regardless of the Drop Rates, you get 3 rolls per Crystal. The normal Crystals give one roll, and you get what you roll. The Nexus provides a choice. Not better Drop Rates.
    So your telling me a nexus with a 0.01% chance of a 6* is better than a normal cav crystal because you get a choice. Think about it... of course drop rates matter
  • Options

So your telling me a nexus with a 0.01% chance of a 6* is better than a normal cav crystal because you get a choice. Think about it... of course drop rates matter
    Not when it comes to the Nexus feature. The point of a Nexus is to have your choice of 3 outcomes. Having 3 choices doesn't affect the Drop Rate at all. It just gives you more chances to roll a preferred outcome. The computer generates 3 random outcomes (pseudo-random but I won't get into that here), at the same Drop Rate for each. Is it better? In terms of RNG it is, yes. That's why opening multiple Crystals usually yields some kind of preferred result. It's more chances. One try at 3% is not the same as 3 tries at 1%.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Not when it comes to the Nexus feature. The point of a Nexus is to have your choice of 3 outcomes. Having 3 choices doesn't affect the Drop Rate at all. It just gives you more chances to roll a preferred outcome. The computer generates 3 random outcomes (pseudo-random but I won't get into that here), at the same Drop Rate for each. Is it better? In terms of RNG it is, yes. That's why opening multiple Crystals usually yields some kind of preferred result. It's more chances. One try at 3% is not the same as 3 tries at 1%.
    Then explain why phc and nexus cavs we've had before this offer had the new drop rates
    That much I can't explain. Earlier I said it could have been a matter of these being so rare that they were never updated. I don't have a response from them to go on. I also don't know what the intended Drop Rate for these is. That we'll have to wait for. I get it. I'm just speaking on the appeal of a Nexus.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Jaded said:

Today on Spicyslicer is grumpy news: Drop rates changed! Must’ve been intentional! Kabam worst company! Deprived me of my six star dooooooommmmmm!!!! While these drop rates changes are odd, we here at SIGN must remind you to never flat out attack Kabam. (unless they nerf Ghost and Quake) I’m SpideyFunko, and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.

note: some text may have been exaggerated for bad comedic purposes

Okay Truman, 1998 called they want their reference back.
    just tryin to have some fun before I died!
    (for the record, it took me twenty minutes to figure out if I was saying this line correctly)
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Today on Spicyslicer is grumpy news: Drop rates changed! Must’ve been intentional! Kabam worst company! Deprived me of my six star dooooooommmmmm!!!! While these drop rates changes are odd, we here at SIGN must remind you to never flat out attack Kabam. (unless they nerf Ghost and Quake) I’m SpideyFunko, and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.

(for the record, it took me twenty minutes to figure out if I was saying this line correctly)
    You don't look too healthy. You're not gonna die on me, are ya?
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 589 ★★★
    I'm too lazy to look it up, but I swear the last time these "Nexus Cavalier" crystals came out, they had the same lower drop rate, but it wasn't long after the other drop rates changed.
  • Options

Jaded said:

It's my life.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Lmao I was just giving you another 90s joke 😂
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

it kind of does. buffed cavs have a chance of 3% at a 6* while a nexus cav you bought has 2.9% chance at a 6* in one spin
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,180 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

BREAKING NEWS: RNG DOES WHAT RNG DOES *SHOCKING*

This literally makes no sense with the current situation.
    My bad, brain was buffering.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

For a 100+ million dollar company I sure hope they’d have people working on the weekends. The game doesn’t stop on Friday at 5pm

Well, Kabam doesn't get that money. It's Netmarble. No amount of money a company makes means someone has to be there.

Now, there is likely some devs who are on call for things like server issues and whatnot but that's probably about it.

Chick-fil-A makes more than 100mil and they're closed on Sunday.
    i'm picturing them all leaving the office at 5 in the evening and leaving Dave (not dorrky) to deal with any hassle that comes up
  • Options
    WongoWongo Posts: 24

but you're always that guy. lol.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

For a 100+ million dollar company I sure hope they’d have people working on the weekends. The game doesn’t stop on Friday at 5pm

Well, Kabam doesn't get that money. It's Netmarble. No amount of money a company makes means someone has to be there.

Now, there is likely some devs who are on call for things like server issues and whatnot but that's probably about it.

Chick-fil-A makes more than 100mil and they're closed on Sunday.
    The restaurant is closed on Sunday yes. Meaning you physically can not buy any chick fil a even if you wanted to. Kabam doesn’t shut down the game Friday at 5pm and restart the sever Monday at 7am. The game is still running. Deals are still being put out to the public. There’s no reason why there shouldn’t be a similar number of people working on the weekends as there is during the week.
  • Options

Wongo said:

He LOVES to be that guy...😂😂
    If you mean the guy that provides as many perspectives as possible then yes. I suppose I do. There's more than one angle besides "Kabam is evil.".
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

I don't know why y'all are disagreeing with him.
    1) he's right
    2) this actually HELPS our case for compensation
    Don't just blindly disagree
  • Options
    mcocalphamcocalpha Posts: 6
    We already had this nexus cav crystals in the daily offers few weeks ago, when they got introduced the first time.
    They had the new drop rates.
    It is not a new crystal and the try for a justification to get the old drop rates is just wrong and cheap.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,180 ★★★★★

Wongo said:

Everyone likes stealing my identity
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Lmao I was just giving you another 90s joke 😂
    and I responded with another one
    (though seriously I hate that movie, one can only take so much Bruce Willis)
  • Options
    Wongo said:

Wongo said:

If you mean the guy that provides as many perspectives as possible then yes. I suppose I do. There's more than one angle besides "Kabam is evil.".
    Except your perspective has always been "Kabam does no wrong".

I dont think in my on and off on the forums here (since Kabam banned almost everyone except the usual gang) have I seen you ever disagree with Kabam. If you did, do direct me to that thread so I can disagree with you on there for the sake of disagreeing.
    There have been issues I didn't agree with. I just didn't react the same way.