**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Super fabulous one or super expensive one ?

StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
Kabam offered the possibility to buy 1/6 of the platinumpool 6 stars for the little price of… 3/4 of a 6 stars 😳

It’s either a joke, and a bad one, or a mistake !

That would put the full platinumpool at a value 45000 6-stars shards !!! 🤣🤣

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Sure, do you expect to get a 6* platpool for giving up much less?
  • Options

It bothers me the most that they are making the same mistake as the previous pieces, by releasing them the same way as last year.

Again, this piece is locked behind a p2w wall

It’s not locked behind it, I’ve gotten every 5*\6* platpool offer and I’m still short a 5* piece.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Sure, do you expect to get a 6* platpool for giving up much less?

Well, we already have to pay to get access to that « offer », so yes 1/6 of platpool for a better price xould be much more appreciated 😉

Would have been 1500 or 2000 6-stars shards, i would probably buy it, but 7500 6-stars shards !?! No way, too expensive.

By the way i will have a 6 stars scarlet witch sigil for the extra price of… nothing
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

It bothers me the most that they are making the same mistake as the previous pieces, by releasing them the same way as last year.

It’s not locked behind it, I’ve gotten every 5*\6* platpool offer and I’m still short a 5* piece.
    Have they ever offered this piece in a deal before? Because if not, this piece is indeed stuck behind a paywall unless you get it from a crystal (I have it, but maybe from a crystal).
    They have offered every piece except the legs for the 5*. So this piece is not behind a paywall for the 5*. This is the first time we have seen the 6* piece tho. But that doesn’t mean they won’t repeat the piece elsewhere. I haven’t been lucky enough to get any pieces from crystals.

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Have they ever offered this piece in a deal before? Because if not, this piece is indeed stuck behind a paywall unless you get it from a crystal (I have it, but maybe from a crystal).
    They have offered every piece except the legs for the 5*. So this piece is not behind a paywall for the 5*.

The first time, there was 2x pieces behing a paywall, and this was one of them. The other one was via money directly, and there was also another one way too expensive for 3k units (not a paywall, but most people just skipped it).
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Yeah that was too steep a price for my blood - went for plain old platpool and finally got the last piece!
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

They have offered every piece except the legs for the 5*. So this piece is not behind a paywall for the 5*. This is the first time we have seen the 6* piece tho. But that doesn’t mean they won’t repeat the piece elsewhere. I haven’t been lucky enough to get any pieces from crystals.

Until we see otherwise, I have no idea how the idea that 6* platpool is stuck behind a paywall became a debatable topic. We haven't seen all the 5* pieces ftp, why would I think we will see all the 6* ones. I'm not bent out of shape by this, but this offer seems outrageously overpriced and requires spending $10 for the privilege of getting ripped off.

You think the offer is ok, cool. I think there's no way I'd exchange 75% of a 6* for 17% of another.
    I never said it was okay. Smh everyone is so insightful now a days on the forums. I said it’s not behind a pay wall because you don’t have to buy it. They have released all pieces except 1 for ftp situations as a 5*. Till they have released all the 6* pieces, take a break and release them again we won’t know what must be purchased or not. You shouldn’t buy sigil just to get this piece. I wouldn’t suggest that at all. If you have sigil and want the piece 7.5k shards is fine for one guaranteed piece. Personally I won’t get the 6* one but I will get the 5* one for a chance to get the one piece I’m missing.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Yep - took a gamble and got the legs today to form the 5* but they are holding it back. The legs haven't been offered at all as a guaranteed piece.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Yep - took a gamble and got the legs today to form the 5* but they are holding it back. The legs haven't been offered at all as a guaranteed piece.
    Yes, exactly. It’s like monopoly pieces from McDonald’s. There will be one piece that will be impossible to get without some extreme luck or money. I don’t see this being one. Too cheap to get a 6* platpool in the end.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Until we see otherwise, I have no idea how the idea that 6* platpool is stuck behind a paywall became a debatable topic. We haven't seen all the 5* pieces ftp, why would I think we will see all the 6* ones. I'm not bent out of shape by this, but this offer seems outrageously overpriced and requires spending $10 for the privilege of getting ripped off.

You think the offer is ok, cool. I think there's no way I'd exchange 75% of a 6* for 17% of another.
    I never said it was okay. Smh everyone is so insightful now a days on the forums. I said it’s not behind a pay wall because you don’t have to buy it. They have released all pieces except 1 for ftp situations as a 5*. Till they have released all the 6* pieces, take a break and release them again we won’t know what must be purchased or not. You shouldn’t buy sigil just to get this piece. I wouldn’t suggest that at all. If you have sigil and want the piece 7.5k shards is fine for one guaranteed piece. Personally I won’t get the 6* one but I will get the 5* one for a chance to get the one piece I’m missing.
    So in your mind a paywall isn't a thing since you don't have to buy anything? If something is only available for real money then it is indeed behind a paywall
    It won’t be only available through this offer. This 5* left arm would be my 2nd left arm. I haven’t paid any money for a platpool pieces. If you don’t have to buy it, then it’s not a paywall. This is more of a “get it ahead of others” type offer.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

So in your mind a paywall isn't a thing since you don't have to buy anything? If something is only available for real money then it is indeed behind a paywall
    It won’t be only available through this offer. This 5* left arm would be my 2nd left arm. I haven’t paid any money for a platpool pieces. If you don’t have to buy it, then it’s not a paywall. This is more of a “get it ahead of others” type offer.
    So what is a paywall in your opinion from this game
    When you have to buy it to progress…? Are you just stubborn or not reading? If you don’t have to buy it to get it eventually then how is it a paywall?
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

I mean, you're literally defining a paywall lol. I'm fine with the deal. Whenever any deal comes along, my reaction is either take it or leave it. This is one I am choosing to leave. I think objectively this is bad value, but people are free to do what they want. We're getting caught up in an argument over semantics but I do think the technical argument by Eb0ny-O-M4w is correct. That is the only point I am trying to make.
    What I am saying is we don’t really know if it’s a paywall or not. If today they released the 5* legs for $5 then to me that would be a paywall to finish off my collection. I already buy the sigil every month, so this is not a paywall but a steep price tag for the 6* piece (I won’t use 7.5k 6* shards for a piece). Steep but not a paywall.

Now if someone had all the pieces for the 6* except this arm piece but don’t buy the sigil. It’s a paywall. Too many people act that because it’s one way for you, it’s that way for everyone. That’s why I said we had to wait till they cycle through all the pieces then take a break and start releasing them again. Like they did for the 5* pieces. Only to see what was actually behind a paywall or not.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Right Arm - Available on the incursion store first time, repeated second time same way (F2P).
    Left Arm - Available on the sigil store first time, repeated second time same way (P2W).
    Head - Available via a side quest first time, repeated second time same way via an objective (F2P).
    Legs - Available via an expensive unit deal first time, will likely be the same second time (F2P).
    Torso - Available via a money deal first time, will likely be the same second time (P2W).
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I don't mind it. The 7500 Shards are a bit steep, but I have 4 pieces already, so I'm this far in.... lol
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

I mean, you're literally defining a paywall lol. I'm fine with the deal. Whenever any deal comes along, my reaction is either take it or leave it. This is one I am choosing to leave. I think objectively this is bad value, but people are free to do what they want. We're getting caught up in an argument over semantics but I do think the technical argument by Eb0ny-O-M4w is correct. That is the only point I am trying to make.
    What I am saying is we don’t really know if it’s a paywall or not. If today they released the 5* legs for $5 then to me that would be a paywall to finish off my collection. I already buy the sigil every month, so this is not a paywall but a steep price tag for the 6* piece (I won’t use 7.5k 6* shards for a piece). Steep but not a paywall.

Now if someone had all the pieces for the 6* except this arm piece but don’t buy the sigil. It’s a paywall. Too many people act that because it’s one way for you, it’s that way for everyone. That’s why I said we had to wait till they cycle through all the pieces then take a break and start releasing them again. Like they did for the 5* pieces. Only to see what was actually behind a paywall or not.
    How can you contradict yourself so much in one post lmao

So because you buy the sigil it's not a paywall but if it was available for 5$ then it would be a paywall??
    Its not contradictory, it’s perspective. My perspective is different then yours and that’s okay dude.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

This is true. But not even all the 5* pieces have been available totally ftp, and those have been out for quite a while. We may see them all eventually, but we have no idea if or when.

Like I said, I'm really not getting bent out of shape over this, but until Kabam starts to cycle 5* parts ftp that previously were not available, we have no reason to think we will see the 6* parts any time soon.
    Totally, this is my though process. We can skip a piece if we don’t like how it’s delivered to us. Chances are it’ll be released a different way we are more receptive to.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

So because you buy the sigil it's not a paywall but if it was available for 5$ then it would be a paywall??
    Its not contradictory, it’s perspective. My perspective is different then yours and that’s okay dude.
    Okay... so it's behind a paywall for us. Or can you just understand your perspective?
    Of course I can see your perspective. But that’s why I added that it’ll be released somewhere else that’s more to your liking. I stated I see this more of a “pay to get it early” rather then “this is the only way we can get this piece”. Which changes my perspective that it’s a flat out paywall. Time will tell rather then get in a puff over how this piece was given to us. It appears they are going to repeat the exact same process as they did for the 5*. It’s a gauge at least.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Okay... so it's behind a paywall for us. Or can you just understand your perspective?
    Of course I can see your perspective. But that’s why I added that it’ll be released somewhere else that’s more to your liking. I stated I see this more of a “pay to get it early” rather then “this is the only way we can get this piece”. Which changes my perspective that it’s a flat out paywall. Time will tell rather then get in a puff over how this piece was given to us. It appears they are going to repeat the exact same process as they did for the 5*. It’s a gauge at least.
    And I'm saying that until we see it somewhere not for money it is indeed behind a paywall even if it's just temporary
    That’s not a paywall. A paywall would mean you can only obtain it with money. Which isn’t the case. You’re going in circles and wasting time rather then opening your eyes to see everything.