**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lazy AI in expert pg

The AI isn't doing jack 80% of the time in expert proving grounds. Wasn't too crazy before, but now especially after the recent update they're just sad vegetables. Adrenalize them for the love of marvel!

Comments

• MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Disagree. It's farming for a small amount of fragments, gold, and iso.
  • Yeah, it's like every opponent is in All Or Nothing mode now. It's darn near impossible to bait specials anymore.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Irakli wrote: »
    The AI isn't doing jack 80% of the time in expert proving grounds. Wasn't too crazy before, but now especially after the recent update they're just sad vegetables. Adrenalize them for the love of marvel!

@Irakli, Disagree about making the T4b daily quest harder, since it is a routine harvesting for petty amount of shards only.

@MSRDLD, Agree with MSRDLD that this is a low ROI quest for farming only small amount of fragments, gold, and iso

For many of the players that are NOT able to carry their top champs from their very limited roaster (their top champs maybe stucked in AW and AQ), making T4b harder may make it harder for them to harvest the resource for limited ROI.

For many expert players that have plenty of high level champs at their disposal and are at a completely diff level in their end-game pursue, T4b daily quest is waste of time and most of them will NOT even bother to try the T4b. They can get plenty of fully formed T4b somewhere else.

For anyone looking for harder challenges in fighting AIs, there are plenty of places for that - Act5, LTR, LOL, ROL, or even go deal with the latest maxed out champs (5* max mephisto, 5* max moningstar, etc) from top ranking whalers from the leader board.

As such, no reason why we need to make T4b quest any harder than it is now. It should be kept as if for now.
    sethkoenig wrote: »
    Yeah, it's like every opponent is in All Or Nothing mode now. It's darn near impossible to bait specials anymore.

Haha, that's right, can't even bait the SP no matter how hard we persuade the AI .... but then I realize I don't need to bait bcos the AI will be sitting at the full bar of power and do nothing in many cases, which is good bcos the AI wants to duel with the player in hand-2-hand combat instead of blasting with supernatural powers.

Since T4b quest yields very little resources in return but still costing substantial energies (energies which many believe better spent in monthly quest for Valor), despite tuned down AI, still many players are not bothered playing it. They prefer to get their T4B somewhere else.

I guess Kabam tuned the T4b down, cut the energy cost and make it daily trying to make it easier for newer intermediate players to get their otherwise hard to obtain T4b. If they make it harder again, then it may defeat the original purpose of tuning it down.
    sethkoenig wrote: »
    Yeah, it's like every opponent is in All Or Nothing mode now. It's darn near impossible to bait specials anymore.

Oh did you try using Starky's taunt to see if that can bait out the SPs from the otherwise "inert" AIs? I forgot to try that, and I didn't play as much due to conserving energies for Test of Valors and running thru Monthly Quests.......

If I have energy to spare in the future I'll try that myself (but not so soon), and hopefully I get to find out if Starky's taunt can bait the SP out of the AIs, before Kabam changes it again.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I agree that the all or nothing nature of AI specials is annoying, especially if you're running your C team while busy in AQ/AW. I don't mind the vegetables for such a routine grind event, just throw the specials back in so we can evade and move on.

The fighting style is very similar to fights 6-9 in basic arenas. Just hard enough that they get to their specials that can do some serious damage, but not hard enough to worry too much about.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Honestly I thought u meant autofight ai in expert. Seems to work ok with 2 easy paths, I usually do manual on hard and on boss for all 3. If ur talking opponent ai usually a good timed debuff like bleed or shock will bait them as will repeated heavy attacks. I also stopped paying attention to ai difficulty in arenas a while ago and just try to get to 300 straight as fast as I can
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I really wish they would just reset the AI to the previous level. This "passive" AI, similar to that used in the first few arena fights, is a pain in the butt to fight.

You have to make dumb moves to try to provoke an attack, rather than being able to engage properly as you can with the aggressive AI. Specials don't get used at all in many cases, even with 3 bars of power.

I actually think this is a bug, rather than something they did by design. This is not "expert" AI.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Idc about that AI in quest but in arena where u have to either kill them b4 they reach 3 bars or pray they don’t use theirs and die in 1 shot, specially when making a streak for any particular arena...
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    This absolutely feels like a bug. I think when they moved the expert proving grounds they set the AI to the wrong level. It just needs to be changed back to where it was before.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I really wish they would just reset the AI to the previous level. This "passive" AI, similar to that used in the first few arena fights, is a pain in the butt to fight.

You have to make dumb moves to try to provoke an attack, rather than being able to engage properly as you can with the aggressive AI. Specials don't get used at all in many cases, even with 3 bars of power.

I actually think this is a bug, rather than something they did by design. This is not "expert" AI.

100% agree. And for me, more than anything else it is annoying for them not to ever even try to use specials!
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Yeah I was surprised when I noticed they literally just stand there waiting to get hit.
    Simple solution.
    Make it as hard as it was before and bring up the amount of shards you get.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    It wasn't hard before, it was ok.. Still offered some training with lower champs. That was a good thing. Right now though, it's so dumb that I just autofight it with my C team of 5/50. Not fun.