**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just duped 4* Starlord, now what?

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
As the title says, I just duped my 4* Starlord. He's currently R4 sig 20 but am looking for suggestions on how to further progress him.

I haven't done RTTL (part 4), LOL, ROL or any of Act 5, mostly because I don't have the skills for it. Getting a constant hit streak is challenging and something I'm still working on.

As a start, I plan on taking him to R4 once I get the last T4B cat.

Beyond that is where I need some input.

1) Is he worth taking to R5?
2) I have the stones to take him to max sig ability now, should I do it or only go partially (39 class sig stones, 40 generic)?

My other R5's are Hype, X23, Guilly, Gwenpool, and AA. Before this dupe, my next R5 was going to be Scarlet Witch.

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    @Dexman1349, congrats on your dup, now there's only 1 thing to do, i.e. don't accidentally press the sell button and sell your dupped start-lord :)

haha, joke aside, now it is time you invest your T4cc to rank him to R5, and to put him to the best use with >100+ combo hits and wreak havocs to the AIs in Act 5, RTTL, LOL, ROL !!!!

Unless you want to R5 your Starky first before Starlord ... :D depending on your preferrence.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Don't really have any other notable tech champs. Only other duped Tech is Howard who's at R4 just for AW defense.

Other Tech champs are Howard, Yondo, Ultron, Vision, Iron man, and War Machine. Howard is the only other duped one.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Practice a bunch on WS in ROL until you can one shot him.

Then practice on anyone and everyone from the leaderboards.

I don't how about using all the stones on him yet, just work on getting the hit count up.

• X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    ..........the WORLD!
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    X_Scott wrote: »
    ..........the WORLD!

The Earf!
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Max him asap
  • SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    I personally love my duped Star Lord and wish I had ebought sig stones to pour into him but if you are going to try to beat RTTL and ROL look up Dork Lessons on youtube and he has a lot of guides on different ways to better yourself as a player... he helped me a lot
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    Congrats! I awakened him and he is now rank 5 but I still need more Isos to get him to max level.

Also wondering how many sig points he needs (currently 20). I have about 40 generic sigs to be used.

Exciting times.
  • Don’t get hit for that combo to get you all that damage and throw all your sig stones at him (tech and generic)
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    edited November 2017
    Max him ASAP, use class sig stones on him but save generic sig stones. SL doesn't need to be on high dupe level to be awesome. You can use those generic stones on other champs.
    Go for ACT 5 ASAP, you already have 5 R5 champs. I did Act 5.1 100% with just 1 R5 (and 4 R4s). Go for "The Uncollected" title.

ROL is really easy with SL. And use Guillotine for ROL Wolverine.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Don't really have any other notable tech champs. Only other duped Tech is Howard who's at R4 just for AW defense.

Other Tech champs are Howard, Yondo, Ultron, Vision, Iron man, and War Machine. Howard is the only other duped one.

Man...you have all the best tech champions. SL is the best of the bunch, sure, but if you were to list all the best tech champs (other than Stark Spider-Man), you would have them all. Starlord, Vision, Yondu, Howard and Ultron are all good champs. War Machine, Iron Man, not so much. But you have almost all the best of the class.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    As the title says, I just duped my 4* Starlord. He's currently R4 sig 20 but am looking for suggestions on how to further progress him.

I haven't done RTTL (part 4), LOL, ROL or any of Act 5, mostly because I don't have the skills for it. Getting a constant hit streak is challenging and something I'm still working on.

As a start, I plan on taking him to R4 once I get the last T4B cat.

Beyond that is where I need some input.

1) Is he worth taking to R5?
    2) I have the stones to take him to max sig ability now, should I do it or only go partially (39 class sig stones, 40 generic)?

My other R5's are Hype, X23, Guilly, Gwenpool, and AA. Before this dupe, my next R5 was going to be Scarlet Witch.

4* Star Lord is better than 90 percent of the rank 4 5 stars Available. He is worh rank 5 and max signature every single bit.

What dave’s video. How to intercept like a ninja. Get use to parry and blocking some hits too. It is better to have a 100 hit streak using blocks and die rather than trying to be an super hero and get intercepted into oblivion.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Took him into ROL for the first time last night. Got up to about 100-hits before slipping up. At that point, only had about 1/4 of the health down but was seeing a drastic increase in damage per hit. I can only imagine what he can do once I get him fully R4 and then to R5.

I enjoy using Howard, he's a fun one to fight with but never saw the need to take him beyond R4 (use him for war defense). Ultron is my other R4 and I'll use him when I know I have a ton of bleed/poison champs to deal with. He's probably my most comfortable one to fight with. Still learning Yondu and Vision, just don't use them very much.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I say take him to R5 and spend you Signature Stones. You have a strong row of champions!
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Take him to R5 and just use 10 or 20 sig stones. he doesn't need to be at lvl 99. mine's at Sig 20 and he rocks.