**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When are you turning focus to r4 6*

Just wondering what people’s progression goals were before turning focus on getting a r4 6*?

How many r3?
Game progression?
Etc.

I hadn’t thought about it, the grind for the resources seemed too big (this coming from a reformed whale, FTP aside from unit card and july4/cyber) and I just wasn’t interested.

But looking at my resources and after sop, I’ll be at 20 r3 champs, which I know isn’t tops but who cares, who is using 20 champs at any one point.

I’m still far away from a r4, so I’ll focus on getting some more r3’s but what’s your line in the sand?

Comments

• Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I have 15 R3, most of them came from exploring content and aq.

I wish I could R4 my champs as soon as possible but I don't see it happening soon since most of the resources so far are pretty much pay to get.

When we can form those catalyst without breaking our wallets, that's the day for me.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Im at 16 r3s and i have 1 1/2 of both catalysts. Ill be at about 2 1/3 after SOP and i do the LoL carinas i think, and I will be saving my tech catalysts for a r4.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I've only really just put my full focus in to 6*s.

Currently have 2 R3's

With a skill T5 waiting

Tech & mutant nearly formed

+2 from sop rewards.

Possibly 7 R3s in total soon'ish.

The t4cc drought is real though.

R4s aren't definitely on the cards for me anytime soon.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    I have 21 r3’s and only 1.5 t6b and t3a. Although I don’t have a care in the world for r4’s right now I also will probably hold mystic t5cc until I have two ready to go for Doom. I already have doom, bwcv and Sorc supreme at r3 so don’t really care to use any mystic t5cc on anyone else. Might as well save them to r4 doom
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I have 18 r3 and 7 t5cc (2.8 unopened in crystals) sat unused, before 2 more from sop.

1 carina challenge to go and then will have 2.25 t6b and over 2 t3a, so getting close
  • Options
    JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★

ill be at 30 r3s i believe when sop ends, but i dont know what you mean by focus on r4s, its not like anyone is gonna stop ranking champs to r2 and r3

I suppose I could have been more clear.

When are people thinking about focusing resources management from taking champs to r3 to saving t5cc for the r4. Was the crux of my question.
  • Options
    I still think r4 6* is still too soon, but that may be because I only have 2 or 3 r3
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I have 1 r3 at the moment, after SOP I’ll have 3. R4s are next year for me.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Aside from setting aside 2 t5cc there's not much else I can do to focus on r4s. I'm completing the last couple carina challenges for some r4 materials but it's more dependent on how much more available it's going to be in content
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Not rushing to burn t5cc on so-so champs so when I get all the t6b and t3a I'll be ready. Maybe black friday deals? I'm thinking doom or warlock unless I pull/dupe something better by then.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Have 32 R3s. I'm still having fun taking champs to R3 but I'll probably have to start saving t5cc soon
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Depends on if a new progression level is tied to it which I fear it will
  • Options

Of course it will be. Days of content being the sole decider died when they turned story content down from 11 to 6
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’ll have 2 T5CC in each class after SoP and t5b is my current bottle neck so I’ll probably be in a position to immediately R4 ghost/aa whenever I form my T6b. I anticipate December and probably earlier for the spenders
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    I'll do it when t6b and t3a become more widely available to the masses lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,678 Guardian

Of course it will be. Days of content being the sole decider died when they turned story content down from 11 to 6
    Content being the sole decider of progression died of natural causes due to having fatal genetic defects.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have 19 r3s with one just waiting on the t5b to make it 20. My struggle now is deciding whether or not to pick 2 cosmic t5cc from SoP to save for Surfer when I get the resources to r4 him (which will probably be Cyber Weekend) or to pick two other classes and increase my r3s.
    What I think I will likely do is select one cosmic t5cc from the selectors to save for Surfer and one other class (probably Skill) to r3 another champion. Chances are likely that I will be able to form another cosmic t5cc by the time I have the t6b and T3A to r4 Surfer.
    After r4ing Surfer, I’ll make the decision from there on whether or not to focus on building my r4 roster or expanding my r3 one.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Content being the sole decider of progression died of natural causes due to having fatal genetic defects.
    Right, spending the better part of a year nerfing Act 6 was a great use of time. It's not like most players still can't be bothered to actually finish it or anything
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    I just want to get thronebreaker. I'm at 6.3 now.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Honestly in like a year or 2 I’m FTP so my first r4 will not be as quick as others