**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is wrong with SoP Emma?

124»

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

I honestly don't have the patience for this fight...mainly because her attack value is way to high. The best run I had at her I got her down to like 89% then she intercepted me and hit me with a medium leg sweep and I was koed(full health bar) U can't design a fight with no weakness. No power control. No armor break, no dot. No quake no ghost and she's not metal . Like play perfect is the only option. It's absolutely ridiculous I should be able to take at least one five hit combo and survive. Really bad fight design. Over all sop has been fantastic but all other fights had at least one exploit and if u had the right champion u could win. This one is just a unit/ resources drainer and I am not here for it. It's also really annoying that she waits for u to charge her and then throws her sp even when in armor phase. I have some really choice words for whoever designed this fight that I can't say on here.

Thats what happens when everyone complains about the previous fights being too easy. The fights go completely 360. We all know there is no “In between” in regards to difficulty set for this game . I knew this would happen
    You think they changed the fights on the fly? You don't think perhaps the fights were all designed before release and the complaining has nothing to do with it? I lean toward the latter.
    I’d say, if this current iteration of SoP was released 1 year ago, it might have been challenging (might…).

I actually thought it’ll be a 2-4 week long quest similar to the Maze that will result in lots of swearing and phone throwing impulses from me, but it hasn’t been.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

GagoH said:

I honestly don't have the patience for this fight...mainly because her attack value is way to high. The best run I had at her I got her down to like 89% then she intercepted me and hit me with a medium leg sweep and I was koed(full health bar) U can't design a fight with no weakness. No power control. No armor break, no dot. No quake no ghost and she's not metal . Like play perfect is the only option. It's absolutely ridiculous I should be able to take at least one five hit combo and survive. Really bad fight design. Over all sop has been fantastic but all other fights had at least one exploit and if u had the right champion u could win. This one is just a unit/ resources drainer and I am not here for it. It's also really annoying that she waits for u to charge her and then throws her sp even when in armor phase. I have some really choice words for whoever designed this fight that I can't say on here.

Thats what happens when everyone complains about the previous fights being too easy. The fights go completely 360. We all know there is no “In between” in regards to difficulty set for this game . I knew this would happen
    You think they changed the fights on the fly? You don't think perhaps the fights were all designed before release and the complaining has nothing to do with it? I lean toward the latter.
    I’d say, if this current iteration of SoP was released 1 year ago, it might have been challenging (might…).

I actually thought it’ll be a 2-4 week long quest similar to the Maze that will result in lots of swearing and phone throwing impulses from me, but it hasn’t been.
    Ya i think they’ve been nerfing it into the ground because of the parry issues
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

Sounds like you just got handed some pain to go with your summer... almost like it was intended that the fights in the summer of pain be painful...

xNig said:

GagoH said:

I doubt so though. Relying on parry is the most basic of mechanics a player should have. If anything, I’m surprised they didn’t outright ban parrying through a variety of methods.
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

GagoH said:

I doubt so though. Relying on parry is the most basic of mechanics a player should have. If anything, I’m surprised they didn’t outright ban parrying through a variety of methods.
    While I don’t think that they’ve been nerfing anything in SOP bc of the issues, it’s misleading to just consider it a parry bug. The most crucial aspect of surviving this fight is being able to dodge random sp1’s and dashes forward - but dex is busted too, so that becomes far more difficult and inconsistent than it otherwise would be. You can consider parrying to be basic if you want, but dexing certainly isn’t

Just soloed her for skill objective on my alt using 5* R5 NF.
    Hoodie25 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

GagoH said:

While I don’t think that they’ve been nerfing anything in SOP bc of the issues, it’s misleading to just consider it a parry bug. The most crucial aspect of surviving this fight is being able to dodge random sp1’s and dashes forward - but dex is busted too, so that becomes far more difficult and inconsistent than it otherwise would be. You can consider parrying to be basic if you want, but dexing certainly isn’t
    Honestly it certainly isn’t busted. The timing changed, IMO, but just need to get used to it again.

It’s been like that for ages. New update comes out and parry and dex timing changes a little. This update’s though, felt abit more pronounced.
  • SvensktigerSvensktiger Posts: 103
    Use Venom against her if u have problems. And spam sp1 to get life back from blocking her first attack on the SPs and aslo remove her armor ups. Took me 1 revive and im not the best player for sure.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    xNig said:

Honestly it certainly isn’t busted. The timing changed, IMO, but just need to get used to it again.

It’s been like that for ages. New update comes out and parry and dex timing changes a little. This update’s though, felt abit more pronounced.

The parry/dex issue is definitely influenced by your device and condition of your device at the time (e.g. thermal throttling). Ranging from no impact to downright broken, which is why there is such a variance between how "bad" people think the issue is.

On occasion I've had the new bug, which causes the game to freeze. The game will randomly go chopping and then just lock up. I'm used to playing with older devices, so I'm kind of used to the game being choppy. I'm probably accustomed to the broken experience, but for others coming from silky smooth animations, it's likely a much larger handicap.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Parry is not allowed and bugged in any case (proxima can parry but the bug is here to screw her)
    Dexterity is a must have/do, but hopefully the bug is here too
    Interception is a must do but hey, Emma is the queen of light intercepting you at the very beginning of the fight
    Armor break her ? Nope
    Managing her power ? Nope

And last but not least, each hit do 20k damage killing your little R3 in one combo.
    I know the fight is doable but seriously you could have think of something less frustrating !
    I know it’s summer of pain but with nall the bugs it goes beyond pain
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Evading her in her diamond form ? Nope
    Using phasing ? Nice try but nope

It’s basically a test of dexterity and interception against an opponent that can easily counter-intercept you and where your dext can fails due to bug… oh and the fight must be perfect or you’re dead
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★

I had no problem with her using aegon r3, then using r5 void,

I cannot do the female fight. I don’t play any. I’m getting crushed. I cannot handle this light intercept, and armor phase on champs I never play. I’m a disgrace.

50-100 tries, all useless best I did was 20%

I tried ghost, was so annoying without being able to phase, and I don't run suicides so she was doing garbage damage. Went in with guilly 2099 but it was a pain to ramp her up and just wasn't doing damage fast enough to take the block damage. Domino did it for me. Couple revives but 6r2 did well.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★

I have some choice words for them as well: You have delivered. Summer of pain. To be honest, anything they throw at us we should be willing to deal with. Pain is in the name, some really amazing rewards. The problem here is not a developer, not a fight, not high attack values, it's your skill. The other sop fights have been, for being sop fights, a cakewalk. There are a few that were a little more like a bacon walk. This is more what most people were expecting.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    You can do this during her armor phase, but it's kinda risky

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    Hieitaku said:

You just had to speed it up didn't you
    It's so satisfying some how haha
    Caters to all that frustration
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I got her down, eventually, with HT. I had a few good runs when she was happy throwing SP1 but plenty of others where she would hold to SP3

Too many revives but I've hardly used any so far so I'm not too upset. 2 more fights that I expect to be painful and I'll get TB. I better get farming and do some arena.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Hieitaku said:

You just had to speed it up didn't you
    It's so satisfying some how haha
    Caters to all that frustration
    Yes. It's even more satisfying when sped up 😆
    I kinda want to make a compilation of all the heavy spams using all the champs I can manage and just add a suitable track in the background.
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,133 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Her A.I is just broken. Can't kabam just have her attack when she's in fury and defend when she's in armor i mean sometimes it's the reverse. Basically the fight itself doesn't make sense even tho it's a challenge
    Swen said:

There is nothing nerfed to the ground about this event. Is it easier than I expected, sure. Have some fights been too simple, potentially. Has the overall collective of fights been too easy for the rewards, no I don’t agree with that. Sweaty try hards with 5 to 6 figure investments into this game may look for something much harder but the game isn’t about just you. And the event isn’t over yet, if it ends up being an event where you have to straight shoot all of them including final boss, the top people will have their challenge in the end

Spent less than 4 figures in this game over 5 years. This SoP is too easy.

Sorry to say, being touted as the hardest event for people who have done everything in the game, the event IS about us, end end game players.