**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Did you beat Emma Frost?

Comments

• Options
    OshEbAICSOshEbAICS Posts: 21
    defeated by lag
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,212 ★★★★★
    I used torch and on try #64 I got the Solo (First time completion) So now I got female and skill left... on Proxima #34 atm and no solo
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I’d like to qualify my vote by saying “it cost me too many units/revives for me to claim bragging rights”.

This was a fight that was doable for a lot of rosters, but very punishing if you made a single mistake that led to you receiving 2 or more critical hits.

It was the kind of fight that didn’t require revives or specific counters, and could be beaten with pure skill.

Dexing with Reverse controls however, is one of the skills I haven’t mastered - so I kept repeating my attempt until I felt confident enough to finish it with a handful of revives.

Respect to anyone who one-shots this and still thinks it’s easy. Especially if you’re doing it with less than a maxed out 5*.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

Wicket329 said:

Got it done, wasn’t easy, wasn’t too hard. It was in the Goldilocks Zone of difficulty, just right.

Killmonger - 1 Revive
    Sorcerer Supreme - 2 Revives
    Mr. Fantastic - 2 Revives

I really enjoyed it. It’s good content, and I hope we see more challenging stuff like it.

Any tricks on KM? I'll shift to skill after I make it with G2099. Originally thinking of Stealth only (as my Nick is still unduped). My KM is also unduped. Thanks.
    Just spam your sp2 for indestructible charges. They saved my bacon a lot of times.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    It was pretty easy. Ihulk cheesed science objective, G99 did female pretty easily and aegon and a few revives did skill
  • Options
    Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 169 ★★
    Tried with Torch, G99, all sorts. Most I got her down was 10% before she used a bs SP1 and I swear the lag got me. Too hard, may have ruined my chance to get the 25% t5cc selector. Curse you Frost!!
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Reference said:

Wicket329 said:

Got it done, wasn’t easy, wasn’t too hard. It was in the Goldilocks Zone of difficulty, just right.

Killmonger - 1 Revive
    Sorcerer Supreme - 2 Revives
    Mr. Fantastic - 2 Revives

I really enjoyed it. It’s good content, and I hope we see more challenging stuff like it.

Any tricks on KM? I'll shift to skill after I make it with G2099. Originally thinking of Stealth only (as my Nick is still unduped). My KM is also unduped. Thanks.
    Just spam your sp2 for indestructible charges. They saved my bacon a lot of times.
    Thanks for that. I’ll try tmr.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Odin made light work of this fight
  • Options
    LudaLuda Posts: 20
    I mean it took me 6 revives because I mega screwed up the reverse controls a couple of times but Venom took care of the armor up with his sp1.
  • Options
    Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★

Bad poll options. A shame, as the at-a-glance info would've been interesting.

"Yes, but it took a couple revives."

Never got the solo. I'm done points-wise, but I'm still working on the solo in order to learn how to not fall for the light-intercept bait.

Wish fights like these were available all the time, but with lowered attack values. Just to practice/have fun with. Especially with champs I don't have over 4*, like IHulk or Apoc.

100% agree that it would be awesome to have these fights to practice on with lower attack values. I have gotten much better at certain skills and would love to have these types of fights to continue to practice on. The no energy cost has been great.
  • Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    Three solos. Guillotine 2099, Nick Fury, and Human Torch. I did boost tho.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,696 Guardian
    So far one kill with the Hamminator for two points and a bunch of potions vaporized out of my inventory. Thinking of trying BWDO for the other two points, but I'll have to rank her up because I'm not doing Emma with a rank 3 5* BWDO.

For me, this is the hardest fight so far. With every other fight I could practice up to the point where I was able to do a big chunk before dying, so I knew I could just push through with a couple revives. Emma would not let me get away with that. I would get a really good run, then three back to back horrible ones. Then a great run, then several runs worthy of a stroke victim. At some point I decided to just bite the bullet and push through with potions, because I don't have a ton of time to get er done this week, especially because I have to start over again for the other points.
  • Options
    Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    If I could acquire one skill from this game it would be the light intercepting ability of this Emma. She is my nemesis.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I used a lot of revives but that’s because I was playing super recklessly. Had too many parry bug compensation revives expiring and I just wanted to feel like I wasn’t wasting them
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 831 ★★★

Idk what to do with the fact that you guys are calling 3-4 revives too many units when I... I don’t want to speak about it again

Lol, same here. PTSD. I don’t ever want to see an Emma like that again. I also wonder how anyone can say that was easy and still look themselves in the mirror. They must not be referring to the cost of beating her under all 3 objectives, because there was no easy way to do it with a skill champ.
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    I did this fight so many times I lost count. In the end I got it done with Kingpin, ghost and void.

I changed my tactics somewhere around eleventy billion times in and it worked out well for me so I'll share it here.

I am well practiced at dexing Emma's sp1 and sp2. I had no issue punishing her after their use. The issue I found was backdraft intercepting was hit or miss. Too often she wouldn't follow even in fury mode and ended my runs.

So I adapted. I blocked the first part and dexed the second half of her sp1. I used the kinetic node to my advantage. This pushed her far enough along that a 4 hit combo pushed her over sp1 again. This allowed me far more control in the fight and made it more manageable.

That's ultimately what allowed me to conquer Emma, hope it helps someone else.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    1 revive with spiderham
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    naikavon said:

I did this fight so many times I lost count. In the end I got it done with Kingpin, ghost and void.

I changed my tactics somewhere around eleventy billion times in and it worked out well for me so I'll share it here.

I am well practiced at dexing Emma's sp1 and sp2. I had no issue punishing her after their use. The issue I found was backdraft intercepting was hit or miss. Too often she wouldn't follow even in fury mode and ended my runs.

So I adapted. I blocked the first part and dexed the second half of her sp1. I used the kinetic node to my advantage. This pushed her far enough along that a 4 hit combo pushed her over sp1 again. This allowed me far more control in the fight and made it more manageable.

That's ultimately what allowed me to conquer Emma, hope it helps someone else.

I did the same with 6* R3 Torch to keep my heat charges up and build smolders. I got her down to 11% missed a parry and that was it. Could have kept trying for the solo, but a single comp l1 revive seemed reasonable.

5* Domino did pretty well when the crit bleeds were landing. That one cost me 3-4 revives.

Skill was 5* Aegon but cost me way more revives 4han it should have losing my combo to silly AI that through specials in defense mode while I was even blocking. Ah well, it was all overflow from farming the week before so all worth it to give a chance for the final milestone next week.
  • Options
    dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★
    not a single revive used, i solod her with torch (pre fight). i didnt stop until i got the solo
  • Options
    Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    I never used a single revive but I replayed her 346 times. I’m serious. Then I just nailed it an hour ago
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Solo with R3 Ghost and R5 HT

3 revives with R5 Nick

Had like 50 runs or so
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Every revive I used apparently was a waste because I missed mysterio and for some dumb reason thought I would still make the final cav milestone.