**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did you beat Emma Frost?

Comments

• Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

Every revive I used apparently was a waste because I missed mysterio and for some dumb reason thought I would still make the final cav milestone.

Maybe it wasn’t a waste and the next week could have been harder for you?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Way too many attempts and countless hours for multiple solos, ibom, g99, bwdo, hit monkey, ht, hela, proxima. I had fun.
  • PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    This fight is beyond frustrating for me… I’ve been trying to beat her for hours and I’m just playing mad and sloppy at this point. I took a break after getting intercepted and wrecked 5 times in a row without touching her.

I don’t have time to just sit down all day trying to get a perfect run. I can’t even get a decent run where I can at least knock down 10% of her health. These fights are not fun at all and it only makes me want to break my tablet and quit this game for good. A good challenge is one thing but a cheap fight where you have to play flawlessly for 100+ hits is not good game design, IMO.

This event just reminds me that no matter how far I progress and slowly build up my skill, the game will immediately amp up the difficulty to make my best 6* champs feel like I’m playing 2*’s again. I hate looking at my roster of 6* champs and feeling that they’re worthless if I play anything beyond Uncollected EQ. I feel locked out of so much of this game and it’s making my experience less and less enjoyable.

Cool, I just duped my 6* Guardian… I should feel good about that but when more and more endgame content is designed in a way that can kill him within 10 hits, it just feels hollow.

Ok, I tried to fight Emma Frost again and I failed the initial backdraft three times in a row. I can’t even last 3 seconds in this fight…I’m done, I’m avoiding this event, it’s not worth the aggravation.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    PantherAP said:

This fight is beyond frustrating for me… I’ve been trying to beat her for hours and I’m just playing mad and sloppy at this point. I took a break after getting intercepted and wrecked 5 times in a row without touching her.

I don’t have time to just sit down all day trying to get a perfect run. I can’t even get a decent run where I can at least knock down 10% of her health. These fights are not fun at all and it only makes me want to break my tablet and quit this game for good. A good challenge is one thing but a cheap fight where you have to play flawlessly for 100+ hits is not good game design, IMO.

This event just reminds me that no matter how far I progress and slowly build up my skill, the game will immediately amp up the difficulty to make my best 6* champs feel like I’m playing 2*’s again. I hate looking at my roster of 6* champs and feeling that they’re worthless if I play anything beyond Uncollected EQ. I feel locked out of so much of this game and it’s making my experience less and less enjoyable.

Cool, I just duped my 6* Guardian… I should feel good about that but when more and more endgame content is designed in a way that can kill him within 10 hits, it just feels hollow.

Ok, I tried to fight Emma Frost again and I failed the initial backdraft three times in a row. I can’t even last 3 seconds in this fight…I’m done, I’m avoiding this event, it’s not worth the aggravation.

If only the name was summer of torture or something like that…

If you can’t last 3 seconds in the fight then the event is not for you. You have one of the best counters to the fight as a duped 6 star, and you’re still complaining? If you can’t even do a backdraft intercept at this stage of the game, then you’re definitely right about avoiding this event
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    PantherAP said:

I understand that the fight is very skill intensive and demands almost flawless (although My Kingpin , Sorcerer and Guilly won't agree with this) from the players. What I don't seem to understand is people calling this fight "cheap" and not having "Good Design".
    The fight can be done with majority of champions if you play them well. The fight also has straight up some very easy counters like Human Torch, Spider - Ham and some others which rewards the player in having the said counter, but that being said it can be done by almost anyone in the game and that to me is what you call a Well Designed fight. Finally when the Devs delivered a fight that fits the description of Summer of Pain, then people starts complaining.

Also If it took 5 hours for you to not even get her below 80%, It's not the developers fault. It simply means the fight is not meant for you. Don't complain on the forums about "bad design" simply because you can't seem to complete the fight.
    If you had said something about the parry/dex issues, then that might have been a good point but what you are saying basically shows your frustration over the inability to complete this fight.
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    GarrettN said:

mbrace said:

Idk what to do with the fact that you guys are calling 3-4 revives too many units when I... I don’t want to speak about it again

Lol, same here. PTSD. I don’t ever want to see an Emma like that again. I also wonder how anyone can say that was easy and still look themselves in the mirror. They must not be referring to the cost of beating her under all 3 objectives, because there was no easy way to do it with a skill champ.
    Kingpin would like to know your location.
    Exactly lol, got hit by her sp1 like 6 - 8 times, still managed to solo her lol.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I haven't beaten her yet. I've just been absolutely cloud-headed this whole week for non-MCOC reasons and haven't had the energy to tackle the fight. I probably could beat her with Nick Fury, but one or two points don't really matter to me at this point. It's all four or bust, I feel like. And I don't have the energy to go for three wins against her.

I honestly feel pretty done with this event. I've gotten every point up until this week so my rewards are already locked at "amazing" and I just struggle to keep up the concentration to spend week after week focused on super difficult fights. It's been a really fun summer, but combine some real-life stuff with the parry bug and I haven't really had the energy to even do a proper run at Emma. I did a half-hearted attempt with Nick that was enough for me to believe it could be done, but I'm just...clocked-out.

I might still take a stab at her just to say I completed all SOP bosses, but I've already defeated maybe five or six more bosses than I expected to so I'm feeling pretty satisfied with my accomplishment regardless.

I definitely feel u, but in my case I have a 6* duped Angela so every 25 sigs I can get is worth some item usage
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    PantherAP said:

The game didn’t magically amp up the difficulty. It always had the potential to be this difficult.

If it’s too tough for you, take a break, get more skilled, and try for the next challenge.

Champs don’t get you far. Skill does. Champs can cover some lack of skill, but when the true test comes, everything will be laid out bare.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    No. I am guessing it will take me at least 10 + revives to do it and this is just not worth . I could probably lower it to 5 revives if I practice but I am on vacation and this would be too boring
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Do people really try 50, 80,100 times on same fight to save a few revives (that are free in the game!)

I used around 10 to cover all objectives Elsa for 3 points and Torch for last 1. Main issue cause I did not want to remove suicides so r3 Elsa kept dying from poison and Torch did 85% so just revives to get done.

Whole thing took less than an hour after released.

When they start giving extra points for a solo I might try, otherwise rather spend time doing other stuff than same fight over and over

This is where I’m at, although g99/nf/ht we’re used. Ht was an easy solo, g99 I got clipped with 7% remaining and NF was a few revives. But was done quickly.
  • kuledaniel2000kuledaniel2000 Posts: 19
    Solo science with HT and one revive with bwdo for female and skill. Also to people having trouble and blowing items and units don’t rush like it’s a one day event do some test runs and practice before you throw away resources and if you have to at least wait until it’s a last resort
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    One shot with Proxima, Void and almost Kingpin (5k left before my other half started asking about Lampshades and distracted me)!
    Wouldn’t describe it as easy though.
  • PoolBoyRoyPoolBoyRoy Posts: 48
    In general the fight wasn’t hard, the only part that I thought was bad was the high health and extra armor and resistances added on making it kinda a long fight. But for cav players just looking to complete there was plenty of counters and if you weren’t able to dex in reverse controls there are champs for that too. The TB challenges also were not too bad as any champ can do the fight it just takes a while
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I used my ihulk

Then I woke up
  • DaRkLoRd222567DaRkLoRd222567 Posts: 60

Simple question.

Personally I think Kabam had made it too hard this week and only end game players were successful.

Kinda easy if you got used to her sps soloed with nick ghost and ht after like 50+ tries
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t say it was easy, esp seeing as I can barely dex 3 times in a row atm without taking a blocked hit but somehow persevered and got the solo.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,302 ★★★★★

Any champion can solo her with enough skill and practise. Imo, this is perfectly where SOP should be.
    That said, I haven't been able to defeat her mainly because I'm hoarding revives now and have already reached my target goal for my milestone.

It’s absurd to claim any champion can solo her. I would love to see solos from cyclops/groot and the likes if there are any.
    Having said that, you hoarding revives shouldn’t matter for this fight since you claim any champ can solo with enough skill and practice. You can probably still solo this right with enough skill and practice? 🤔
  • BioHaZarD007BioHaZarD007 Posts: 58
    edited August 2021
    I would say this is a little above the required difficulty. I became thronebreaker recently and definitely do not have a broad roster of champions but this fight did cost a few revives which I farmed from V7.2.2. Used about 6 revives with Nick to get two objectives down. Don't think I'll be able to complete the science one though.
  • StoneyThePoneyStoneyThePoney Posts: 45

Simple question.

Personally I think Kabam had made it too hard this week and only end game players were successful.

Need one more option, "Yes - But was awfully hard.
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
    I’m definitely having a hard time with her.

I’ve watched a few vids on the fight, but the AI I’m fighting never seems to act the same as I see in the vids.

I’m doing ok on intercepts when she does dash, but She’s doing a lot of the walk up close, but not dash.

Chaining MLM, MLM, MLM repeatedly without a break once she is close.

Shes throwing specials regularly in the turtling phase, so have not been able to rely on getting in that ‘groove’

AI is doing a lot of bobbing (blockstandblockstandblockstand).

On top of the parry/Dex issues, I don’t think I’m making it this time.

• hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    not yet. I'm gonna try later today when I have the time and energy
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Cost no units, but a lot of time, frustration and quite a few revives.

One of the hardest fight, if not the hardest one
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I’m ashamed at myself for how many units it cost….really hope going for a mutant class nexus pays off….
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    Well it wasn’t easy, took me a million tries to get a solo with G2099 and Torch, but it’s also not that big of a unit drain, took me 3 revives for the Skill objective
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    No need. 15 points done, I’m not aiming to get shards/sig stones.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    After trying many times emma got to 34% health using 6* rank1 hela. Than I boosted myself and started using revives. After 7 revives she came to a very low health and would have killed in the next attempt or so. But than I had to go for some urgent work and when I returned to the game after several hours I forgot that I have to revive hela to kill emma and exited from the quest absent mindedly. After I realized my mistake I got pissed and decided I would not use any revive on her anymore. Than half an hour later I killed her in a single go. So will this count as a solo or not?
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Yeah it definitely wasn’t “easy”, but it’s not like I wasted a ton of units. Should be a third “I finished it but it took me a few tries” option or something.

Also, it 100% depends on if you were doing it for the TB objectives or not. Champ selectivity is a huge determination in how difficult it was.