**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Kabam reverse an old decision

HollowAizenHollowAizen Posts: 37
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Most of the veteran players will remember the tragedy of v12 update, where our beloved champs got the nerf for a way to pave the road for the removal of God-tier champs. But nearly immediately after that, Blade was introduced, as well as a plethora of a new God-tier.

With such gods now in the contest, the ones we all hunt for, for utility, for power, for sheer domination of the contest. Why not revert the 12.0 update and give our fallen heroes life again.
Thor with his world breaking armor breaks.
Strange with his speedy stance switching.
Scarlett with her insane reality breaking abilities.
Let them be hunted and wanted again, 5star trophy champs no more. Let the old out of their v12 shackles.

I just want to see them back to the way they were, they deserve it.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    BioHaZarD007BioHaZarD007 Posts: 58
    We're in too deep for this change. As good as it sounds, this change would make so many other champions (probably) worse. Considering Dr. Strange, he would probably remain bad or become worse with this change since the correlation between flat values and percentages is not a simple conversion.
  • Options
    QuivinQuivin Posts: 11

Most of the veteran players will remember the tragedy of v12 update, where our beloved champs got the nerf for a way to pave the road for the removal of God-tier champs. But nearly immediately after that, Blade was introduced, as well as a plethora of a new God-tier.

With such gods now in the contest, the ones we all hunt for, for utility, for power, for sheer domination of the contest. Why not revert the 12.0 update and give our fallen heroes life again.
    Thor with his world breaking armor breaks.
    Strange with his speedy stance switching.
    Scarlett with her insane reality breaking abilities.
    Let them be hunted and wanted again, 5star trophy champs no more. Let the old out of their v12 shackles.

I just want to see them back to the way they were, they deserve it.

No brother, just because of 6* version of them, they're gonna break the game again bro
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    For the future of the game, I'll take new ones, would've loved lazy thor endgame or Aggomoto Strange, but can't say if theyll ever be introduced. For switch, ScarletSigil is already behind paywall...yay!!

Hulks and Iron dudes sucked all the love from creators, no love left for The God of Hammer and Mister Doctor.
  • Options
    HollowAizenHollowAizen Posts: 37

For the future of the game, I'll take new ones, would've loved lazy thor endgame or Aggomoto Strange, but can't say if theyll ever be introduced. For switch, ScarletSigil is already behind paywall...yay!!

Hulks and Iron dudes sucked all the love from creators, no love left for The God of Hammer and Mister Doctor.

The only reason I got the sigil was so I could get enough of those damn tokens to get that scarlet as a 6star
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Strange and bw would be fine if they were reverted, but sw would still be stupidly broken
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    I'd rather they reverted the arenas back to the old system. At least for 3*s.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Even that, they need more utility than just damage, so rework should fit them more
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Buff for Dr Strange!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    “A little after they released Blade” 😂😂

More like half a year later.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Nah, I'd rather they get proper buffs instead. I don't remember exactly how they looked back in the day (I wasn't too deep into the game at the time) but I have a hard time they'd really stack up vs today's champions. Thor seems to have been an armor-breaking monster but he'd need more than just stronger armor breaks to be able to compete today, no matter how OP they are.

That said, there's nothing stopping those "proper buffs" from incorporating stuff from their pre-nerf days if there's anything worth salvaging there. I certainly won't complain if Thor gets stronger and longer armor breaks - I just want more than that for the OG God of Thunder.

Agreed. Should be god of thunder, not god of hammers.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

He needs some love. Especially doctor strange
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    They can't reverse it. They ought to make good on the promise they made that Dr. Strange would still be a top champ post nerf.
  • Options
    LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    SW and Thor were crazy pre nerf, SW is still decent now, BW and DS really didn't need the nerf
  • Options
    _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    Personally I would prefer rework in Dr. Strange and Thor case which would include some new animations.
    Scarlet is fine IMO.
    But to each his own.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

Nah, I'd rather they get proper buffs instead. I don't remember exactly how they looked back in the day (I wasn't too deep into the game at the time) but I have a hard time they'd really stack up vs today's champions. Thor seems to have been an armor-breaking monster but he'd need more than just stronger armor breaks to be able to compete today, no matter how OP they are.

That said, there's nothing stopping those "proper buffs" from incorporating stuff from their pre-nerf days if there's anything worth salvaging there. I certainly won't complain if Thor gets stronger and longer armor breaks - I just want more than that for the OG God of Thunder.

Actually, Thor just needs to revert back to his original pre-nerf self and he can compete today.

He can quite literally parry sp3 someone to death.
  • Options
    LeStMn92 said:

SW and Thor were crazy pre nerf, SW is still decent now, BW and DS really didn't need the nerf

I felt that DS needed a slight adjustment when he was pre-nerf. He was a little too amazing as an one-man army that had high damage, nullify, chaining specials with MD, plus his regen was insane (sp2 on regen phase gets him from 40% to full). You were almost guaranteed a full yellow bar if you sp2 to end the fight.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    xNig said:

LeStMn92 said:

I felt that DS needed a slight adjustment when he was pre-nerf. He was a little too amazing as an one-man army that had high damage, nullify, chaining specials with MD, plus his regen was insane (sp2 on regen phase gets him from 40% to full). You were almost guaranteed a full yellow bar if you sp2 to end the fight.
    It has been a while, but I think the rotation was to SP2 in the fury mode to get that, then SP2 in the armor break mode to get that, and then SP2 in the heal phase to go from whatever to full health. Assuming whatever it was was still alive after three Strange SP2s.

Plus, didn't he have perfect block in the armor phase? He was a tank in that phase, and then Wolverine in the heal phase. That was kind of a lot.
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    It sucks to see Dr. Strange as one of the worst champs in the game. He's the sorcerer supreme! There's literally a million things you could do with his kit since the source of his power is deus ex machina. Anything that is "Power cosmic" or "Magic" is a blank canvas to create some unique abilities.
This discussion has been closed.