**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Remember when?

AuceAuce Posts: 424 ★★
Just for fun, out of all the time you've been playing, (I think 6 years for me). I'm trying to remember things that didn't exist and now do, or vise versa.

Example, AQ rewards used to be a 4* champ if you scored high enough in the bracket. If you had a grumpy alliance leader you needed to wait for dupe day to claim him.
The implementation of crystal "shards". Can you imagine how many less champs you'd have if shards didn't come into play? It used to be crystals only.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, did the original champs, early in the release have duped abilities or was that eventually added after so many duped the same champ?
Dupe day!
I played before AQ or AW was a thing.
When champs had the most basic understanding if their abilities, Like Iron Man; sp1,2,3 armor break. Star Lord;: Hit stuff lots of times. Don't get hit.
Now champs are immune to bleed, poison, cold, energy, incinerate, the clap, chiggers, and irritable bowel movements. (Admins I mean this kind hearted and for fun).
Before 5* champs all the highest rank players had a maxed out 4+ Rocket as their top PI champ.

What else am I missing from the old school players? Admins feel free to join in too.

Personally, I think the crystal shards was the best thing they ever implemented.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    I remember "YOLO".
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    When I started, my top champ was a 3* Ronan. When I got a 4* Doctor Strange, I was ecstatic. I remember a few years ago I was so pumped when I finally had a full team of R5 4*s. Now I have 30+ maxed 5*s and and decent number of R2 and R3 6*s. Wow, times have changed! 😂
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I remember when you could earn unlimited alliance points

Plus the rest
  • Options
    Nomad123Nomad123 Posts: 8
    Auce said:

Just for fun, out of all the time you've been playing, (I think 6 years for me). I'm trying to remember things that didn't exist and now do, or vise versa.

Example, AQ rewards used to be a 4* champ if you scored high enough in the bracket. If you had a grumpy alliance leader you needed to wait for dupe day to claim him.
    The implementation of crystal "shards". Can you imagine how many less champs you'd have if shards didn't come into play? It used to be crystals only.
    Please correct me if I'm mistaken, did the original champs, early in the release have duped abilities or was that eventually added after so many duped the same champ?
    Dupe day!
    I played before AQ or AW was a thing.
    When champs had the most basic understanding if their abilities, Like Iron Man; sp1,2,3 armor break. Star Lord;: Hit stuff lots of times. Don't get hit.
    Now champs are immune to bleed, poison, cold, energy, incinerate, the clap, chiggers, and irritable bowel movements. (Admins I mean this kind hearted and for fun).
    Before 5* champs all the highest rank players had a maxed out 4+ Rocket as their top PI champ.

What else am I missing from the old school players? Admins feel free to join in too.

Personally, I think the crystal shards was the best thing they ever implemented.

I still remember when there was no global chat or anything for that matter, it was just you and your champions lol fun times

• Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 385 ★★★
    I remember the times mate.

Caning arena when ant man movie was released because they put an ant man and a yellow jacket 3* at every milestone like 8 times felt like Christmas.

And trying to scrabble for shards when they were introduced.

And this little gem popped up this morning, for some reason I don’t like 5 stars to this day, think it was because we had 1-4*, and gold was the best colour. Then this black and red came in and nobody had one apart from whales. I hated them😅

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    I remember back in the days when the avengers event with thanos happened, we had the one and only animated loading screen. Do i remember correctly?
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Remember when every top player had a Ultron or rocket as profile, because they were the highest rating champs?
    Or when you could use catalysts for level up?
    When there were no shards, and the only 100% ways for getting a 4* was to either 100% act 3 or spend 2500 units?
    When you could only open crystals biweekly, if you wanted a great score for the weekly alliance event?
    The best alliance event? WHEN YOU HAD TO DUPE CHAMPS TO GET POINT omg