**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Underrated Champs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Doctopus is already mentioned? Hm. Wags too? Well.

Havok? People don't really dispute how great he is, but they tend to fall back on more conventional mutant powerhouses.

Good utility and plenty of damage. As someone once elegantly put it, Havok just kinda fits a Havok-sized hole in your roster.

Really, I guess champs like Havok and Voodoo aren't underrated; just overshadowed.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Terrax.
    This man is such a beast. Aside from the double immunity his Power control immunity makes him an excellent choice against annoying Power drainers like Guilly 2099 and Warlock. The ability to permanently maintain a large stack of Armour Breaks completely shuts down Killmonger and Emma, and with a high enough level of Despair you can greatly reduce/ stop Regen. The damage while in Rock Field is excellent, and you can very quickly tear through opponents with a couple of Sp1s, combos and Heavies.

His main piece of utility comes from the Indestructibles though, as a fully ramped-up Terrax has +660% Defensive Power Gain Rate when Rock Field is active. This gives him an avenue of Power few Champs can hope to match, as well as a unique playstyle that requires your block to actually be broken by Heavies. I've had instances where taking a 1-hit Heavy propels me from half a Power Bar to max Power. THAT'S the secret to perfect Terrax usage- don't keep hitting your opponent when in Rock Field to maintain it, let them break your Block to give you lots of Power, end the Rock Field with a Heavy, throw a Special, rinse and repeat.

How I use him:
    1) Matches where I can Parry--> Special attack, tank a hit, Parry-Heavy, rinse and repeat.
    2) Matches without Parry--> Sp1, tank a hit (should take you to around 2 Power bars), bait out another Heavy and punish it with your own, Sp2, go on full offensive. The Power Gain from Sp2 should keep your Rock Field active for longer, making it easier to use him.

He was my first R5 5*, and I have no regrets. People say he's not very good, but he's never let me down in a match so far.

I’m at a place with 5* that I only rank them up if they’re genuinely the top of their class. I use 5* I already have maxed all the time, but it’s hard to warrant resources.

So I have a 5* terrax ive been desperate to rank up to try him out, I have a feeling he’s exactly the right sort of champ for me. But I just can’t justify the resources when I need all the t4cc, t5b and t2a for my 6* I want to rank.

So here I am, begging the RNG gods to send me a 6* Terrax since (I think) he doesn’t need a dupe. Plus I have 2 1/2 t5cc Cosmics lol
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★

Terrax.
    This man is such a beast. Aside from the double immunity his Power control immunity makes him an excellent choice against annoying Power drainers like Guilly 2099 and Warlock. The ability to permanently maintain a large stack of Armour Breaks completely shuts down Killmonger and Emma, and with a high enough level of Despair you can greatly reduce/ stop Regen. The damage while in Rock Field is excellent, and you can very quickly tear through opponents with a couple of Sp1s, combos and Heavies.

His main piece of utility comes from the Indestructibles though, as a fully ramped-up Terrax has +660% Defensive Power Gain Rate when Rock Field is active. This gives him an avenue of Power few Champs can hope to match, as well as a unique playstyle that requires your block to actually be broken by Heavies. I've had instances where taking a 1-hit Heavy propels me from half a Power Bar to max Power. THAT'S the secret to perfect Terrax usage- don't keep hitting your opponent when in Rock Field to maintain it, let them break your Block to give you lots of Power, end the Rock Field with a Heavy, throw a Special, rinse and repeat.

How I use him:
    1) Matches where I can Parry--> Special attack, tank a hit, Parry-Heavy, rinse and repeat.
    2) Matches without Parry--> Sp1, tank a hit (should take you to around 2 Power bars), bait out another Heavy and punish it with your own, Sp2, go on full offensive. The Power Gain from Sp2 should keep your Rock Field active for longer, making it easier to use him.

He was my first R5 5*, and I have no regrets. People say he's not very good, but he's never let me down in a match so far.

I got him as 6* rank 3 and yess guy is such beast...!!!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Terrax.

How I use him:

I’m at a place with 5* that I only rank them up if they’re genuinely the top of their class. I use 5* I already have maxed all the time, but it’s hard to warrant resources.

So I have a 5* terrax ive been desperate to rank up to try him out, I have a feeling he’s exactly the right sort of champ for me. But I just can’t justify the resources when I need all the t4cc, t5b and t2a for my 6* I want to rank.

So here I am, begging the RNG gods to send me a 6* Terrax since (I think) he doesn’t need a dupe. Plus I have 2 1/2 t5cc Cosmics lol
    I'll be the first to admit that he's nowhere close to being a top 5 Champ. I like him because he's simple to use, not flashy, and gets the job done. He's definitely not everyone's cup of tea (the playstyle is fairly inflexible), but his durability covers up the majority of any mistakes made.

As for the Sig, you can think of it as the same type as Longshot's or Sym Sup's: he really doesn't need it, but it adds a new dimension to using him, letting you open with that massive heavy as well as giving you a head start on the Power race, or you can tank the Heavy immediately and jump to max Power within the first 10 seconds of the fight. You don't even need a high Sig- mine's at Sig 20 and he's perfectly serviceable.
    I’m all for a good fun champ to play. It’s the thing I’ll look for first today over how good they are. My roster can cover most challenges so I look for fun rank ups first and foremost. If I like terrax I’ll rank him, if I like Psylocke I’ll rank her lol

I would love to pull a terrax 6*, and your post has made me want to even more
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    The Champion
  • Options
    mattressmattress Posts: 405 ★★
    NT, especially because of all the recent buffs in the skill class . he'd be a good candidate for a moderate buff himself imo.plus you get to slap ppl in the face with a skateboard.nuff said
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 521 ★★★
    Cull obsidian. The forgotten Hero nobody talks about. He probably might not be underrated but I don't see people talking about his damage. I agree he's a **** with no ramp up but once full persistent charges, that damage is respectable to it's rank!
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Wasp, her unique playstyle really let's u control the fight. Also her damage is really good with suicides
  • Options
    Icy000Icy000 Posts: 274 ★★
    Red Goblin
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Rouge and iceman
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    As a Utilitarian champ, Ghost Rider:

Great Utility -
    Incinerate Immunity
    Bleed Immunity
    Amazing regeneration
    Good buff control (SP1 and SP3)
    Solid 'control the match' utility on his SP3: Power Lock, Heal Block and Fate Seal during Damnation means you've got pretty much total control over your opponent for 15-19 seconds; and can beat them up with Fury, bleed them and Life Steal all at the same time.

He's held back a bit by being subject to RNG on all his abilities, and having pretty weak base attack unless Awakened.

But if he's Awakened, he's got access to better damage and he's really useful and reliable enough for mid- to late-game environments; even if he falters in Endgame areas.

• Options
    SymbioticVen9MSymbioticVen9M Posts: 89
    Namor, his ability to reflect damage hasn’t been fully tapped into in my opinion, summer of pain I think might be the tip of the iceberg
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★

sherin_66 said:

I think CMM is kinda forgotten because of Hercules, even though she is beyond god tier.

If a Champ is rarely talked about, it's because they're either used on a near daily basis, or never at all. CMM falls into the former category.
    Nick is talked about and is used everyday, same with doom, apoc, ghost. Yeah they aren't talked about all the time because everyone knows they're amazing, but you do here them come up often in conversation and rank up questions. CMM tho... lots of people use her and like her a lot, she just isn't it for me. I feel like if you don't have a rank three, she falls off in act seven due to high healthpools you'll have to boost for, especially if there are nodes making it difficult to land heavies (stay in binary). If you need her indestructible, once shes ramped you have like 10 seconds of it before the opponent either needs to be dead or the damage has passed. Her resistances aren't strong enough to save you a lot of health pots, if you don't have nick fury you basically need to heavy your way to a second sp2 so that binary doesn't fall off. She's great for act 6 and is a good champion, I just feel like she isn't bgt these days due to high healthpools, better champions, and short burst damage that requires a specific playstyle that is potentially difficult to execute while dealing with modern nodes.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Havok? People don't really dispute how great he is, but they tend to fall back on more conventional mutant powerhouses.

Was one of my first 6* rankups on my alt. I don't do a lot of content on that account but he is a monster in this month's EQ. A few SP1s to build up then drop a heavy and he was ticking up to 4K on feedback.

Just for kicks, I like wearing the specials from Cyclops, take the armor breaks to heal back any chip damage.

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Morningstar. Best mystic in the game and people don't see it

By the time she finishes her ramp-up, other top mystics might have already finished the entire lane & moved on to the next quest