**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This month’s Side Event

2»

Comments

• Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Strongly Disagree - this is the best Side Event yet!
    I really can't understand why people think an actual side quest that you have to do one per day of the month and actually try fighting against 8 cavalier level enemies is easier than auto-scrolling through heroic mode.

Yes, you don't do heroic mode anymore because the rewards are bad. This side event gives you currency for doing that which you can buy actual good rewards for. How can you guys not comprehend that?

Just set it auto-scrolling on your desk while you're at work or something. It's significantly better than actually having to play the fights.
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Somewhat Agree - it’s tedious but it’s not that bad
    So my thoughts on this side event style is it's good in concept, but they made the Objectives a bit too tedious

- The formula for the 'One Classy Shot' (or maybe it's 'Catch a Spider in Action', I can't remember which is which. We're talking about the 'beat EQ bosses with certain classes' ones) objectives would have worked a whole lot better if the bosses were early on in the EQ (like how Masacre and Domino were in their EQ. I'd say both new bosses fought before the end of chapter 2 should be the ABSOLUTE MOST to ask of people)
    - 20/20 Vision - Asking us to use 1 of 3 champs (which not many people rank up) against one champion is a bit too specific. I'd say either just make us fight ANYONE with Vision, or a different objective where you just need to defeat P99/G99
    - 'Catch a Spider in Action' (i think that's the right one? the 'beat spideys with certain class + KO with a certain attack). This should have been one or the other. Either beat them with a certain class OR a certain killing blow. And I'd personally say it makes more sense for it to be the former; 'Knock them out with a certain type of attack' is not fun for me.
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Somewhat Disagree - I actually like it a bit more than others
    I honestly don't see what's that tedious about it.

I'd prefer a side event that has you doing what you'd normally do but have to hit objectives. I normally run Uncollected and Cavalier anyway so those objectives aren't hard. The ones for Penni and 2099 for the lower difficulties may not got done but everything else is either hitting the arena for a few (which I'll do anyway to get the 10 fights for the Summer Event), a week of duals (which I'm long done with), and that's about it.

I could see the argument that there isn't much to it or nothing crazy juicy reward wise. But I would definitely not consider it tedious. For me, tedious is an event that you have to do 10 fights a day to maximize rewards, which seems to happen often.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Im not bothering with most objectives, but the ones i did also got me all the stuff i wanted.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    It’s really just so-so in my opinion.

Being able to autofight over half the objectives was great. Scraping Creepies crystals together once every couple weeks wasn’t. And the Bugle store has decent stuff at the top end.

Perhaps some of my feeling is compounded by my dislike of the Summer Camp appreciation event, which is a needlessly convoluted overlay. It feels like there’s an effort to just keep people on the game this summer doing mindless things.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Something about this month's no side quest and objective just made me lose interest, I didn't complete any of the EQ(including cav and uncollected), I didn't complete any of the objective. I just log in for the calendar and to move in alliance war and quest. Most boring month for me in a while. Can't wait for next month.
  • Options
    AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Strongly Agree - Worst. Side. Event. Ever.
    Worst is maybe a bit harsh, but it is unbelievably boring and uninspired imo.