**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This month’s Side Event

This is the first time in probably 3 years that I won’t be completing all the Side Event missions. It just feels SO tedious and I’m no longer interested in many of the resources. It’s especially poorly constructed given all the other missions we have to do with Summoner Summer (or whatever it’s called) and SoP.

I thought the Hercules Side Event was a grind but this… this is far worse in my opinion. For me, this has honestly been the worst side event ever. It’s lazy, it makes me do all the work trying to figure out the arbitrary mission I have to complete, and it just doesn’t feel rewarding or challenging to try and complete a quest on Heroic mode at this point in my gameplay.

Jubilee’s Arcade was poorly constructed but at least I felt a bit more direction in what to do in that event. I don’t know, maybe I’m just mad because I can’t pull the champs I want for years…

Thoughts?

This month’s Side Event 216 votes

Strongly Agree - Worst. Side. Event. Ever.
38%
SnakeEyes69GarryDKTaxVceerishisaiTendersquadWayntosBENJI830Tristanthanks4playingVerzzDarkrider05igotgame1075VuDahStarhawkKOSHkikiFurieuxRaymundo86OzFearUsRepto23 83 votes
Somewhat Agree - it’s tedious but it’s not that bad
43%
DrZolaWorld EaterSpity68Drenlinjdrum663GK_23TheVyrusJAsummonarAlex13369Sundance_2099Uncle_Fatty_247ThatGuyYouSaw235Total_Domin01Furious_Fighter1RasiloverrockykostonKerneasBuckyBruhTrevenorfNightwing6666 95 votes
Somewhat Disagree - I actually like it a bit more than others
14%
SnizzbarPsychoakumakfd2010BrandonmballouLilMaddogHTcx23433IKONsilentagDenslo500Captain_Pug30Nichj99SquirrelguyWhoDaPooEdeuinkIronGladiator22SwarmOfRavensGlassbackZan0GiuliameijRobbo9 31 votes
Strongly Disagree - this is the best Side Event yet!
3%
FitnesscwyuwNo_oneukZeuszeromagnus_xixARS7NDetective_Pikachu 7 votes

Comments

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    It's really not that complicated, Duel g99 and punisher99 with Aarkus

Explore eq as you normally would but beat the new champs with 3 different class combos ( same as the dual crystals)

That alone is enough to get the large majority of the best rewards especially since you can pick and choose what you want from the store.

If you want extra snapshots participate in the arena and that also complete the sinister 6 solo event.

I'd much rather do this than most of the side quests we've gotten especially the repetitive snore that was last month
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 628 ★★★
    Only thing i like is bugel store . I can buy whatever i want... It's better to get decided rewards..
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    As someone who finds EQ extremely boring, and almost never explore any difficulty any more, I really dislike it. Well to be fair the rewards are pretty nice tho but I still enjoy Side quests that are not particularly difficult but still more interesting to me.
  • Somewhat Agree - it’s tedious but it’s not that bad

This is the first time in probably 3 years that I won’t be completing all the Side Event missions. It just feels SO tedious and I’m no longer interested in many of the resources. It’s especially poorly constructed given all the other missions we have to do with Summoner Summer (or whatever it’s called) and SoP.

I thought the Hercules Side Event was a grind but this… this is far worse in my opinion. For me, this has honestly been the worst side event ever. It’s lazy, it makes me do all the work trying to figure out the arbitrary mission I have to complete, and it just doesn’t feel rewarding or challenging to try and complete a quest on Heroic mode at this point in my gameplay.

Jubilee’s Arcade was poorly constructed but at least I felt a bit more direction in what to do in that event. I don’t know, maybe I’m just mad because I can’t pull the champs I want for years…

Thoughts?

Already bought everything I wanted/needed on the first two days, so now there's like nothing to do for me but grind for Cavalier, oh well.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    one thing that i think makes this side event bad is that you have to go out of your way to complete the side event. i much rather have something like the mephisto's invasions where you just have to run a simple quest every day. for this one, you pretty much have to do completion and 2 more paths of every eq, duel a champ for 10 days straight, and finish fights with certain attacks.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    Because of the side event I got a free 5 star awakening gem, a five star nexus and a 6 star HB but the grind time needed for creeps and crawlies crystals formation is too much
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    No one wants to read 400 lines of text that will have no bearing on the game next month. Most sides quests this year have been unnecessarily confusing and drawn out.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    The only thing I don’t like is they set objective for 3 runs each on normal difficulty EQ 2.2 and 3.2. Normally I only explored Cav/UC/Master/Heroic and then switch to story quests exploration.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    There's no Side Event this month , the missions you do if you want..
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    I was fine with this format for this month as it didn’t require a large amount of time and allowed me to do what I planned to do anyways, which is make my push through Chapter 6 to make TB. So, for me it was great for this month in particular. Don’t think I’d like it for every month, but once in a while would be fine - will give me a reason to work on progression that month.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Too lazy to commit to the sinister six assignments
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    yeah i'd like to put in a word or two but honestly my ingame activity has dwindled significantly so idk if thats the issue. But yeah, fighting the same champ 20 times, going thruogh all the eqs to fight bosses, just annoying. Its a lot of energy I can't spare, and time I don't have.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I don’t really care about any of this month’s stuff since I was focused on SoP and I’ve probably missed too many sunglasses to get anything good for summer camp. What day is par atm?
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    The only thing I like is the guaranteed rewards. No rng bs. The things I hate:
    - Being forced to semi-explore every eq difficulty for the rewards. I haven't even bothered with any other than Cav and as the month drags on, I lose the will to do them.
    - The grind for the creepies shards. Totally not worth it for a few measly shards. Only reason I'm bothering is to get snapshots and buy the t5cc. Once I do that, I'll pretend it doesn't exist.
    - The objectives. I've never liked objectives in this game and when I heard this month would have one, I knew it was going to be long, uneccassarily complicated and mind-numbing boring. This month didn't disappoint.
    I want the weekly side quests back.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I only like it cause i am not doing it and i get a break. lol. I got the 5 & 6 star shards, the 2099 profile pic and have moved on.

Its tedious an boring. I don't mind the arena one but there's better rewards in other arenas so i am not going to waste my time.

Jubilee's arcade was the worst event this year IMO but this is definitely second.

I am all for no side quest occasionally, but these stupid objectives are annoying. Especially the ones where you have to fight punisher 2099 20 freaken times.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
    Only thing I don't like is energy consumption on lower difficulties. Heroic/normal.
    I'm fine with the rest...gonna skip some red thingies, I don't need all of em.
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 311 ★★★
    I'll take this over last months repetitiveness. At least I can vary things a bit for the eq difficulties, and it's easy to duel 5 times a day with aarkus.

Only thing that takes some thought and more effort than normal is hitting the sinister six milestones. But even that is easy of you're bringing one Spidey into the arena.

Plus I found the bugle store rewards top notch. It's nice to pick and choose what I need as well needed it this month. Made rank ups and crystal openings easier and more enjoyable.

Overall I really liked this month's change of pace. I wouldn't want it like this every month, but once a quarter or every 6 months is a good idea.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    All y’all saying this is the worst event ever weren’t here for Jubilee’s arcade
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    lately i have been able to do the highest difficulty side quests....with this month's i'm taking a bit of a break from getting all rewards as I am not able to complete Cavalier difficulty without using health/revives especailly when I'm being forced to finish with a certain character. It happens and I take it as a bit of a break.

I chose worst ever but really my thoughts are somewhere between it's not that bad and worst. not a fan of this month's side quest but we've had worst.
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 520 ★★★
    I've even given up doing those quests. I don't want any daily bugle rewards no matter how awesome they are. I'm not doing this shi*ty grind
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★
    They could have least given different names to the objects for killing spiderman/penny. Working out what I did and didn't do is a pain.

I also thought it leaned to heavy to arena play vs other items. Smashed out arenas is the least difficult but strangley much more rewarding than the EQs.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I didn't even bother to complete the normal and heroic mission tbh. It's too repetitive and time consuming or I'd say waste of energy. That's just what I think. But I do think the reward is quite rewarding, maybe because I'm currently at the spot where I need some of those items (bugle store).
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I haven’t done anything since day 2 tbh. Just a tedious side event that has been horrible for player engagement
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I really have no interest in completing all the objectives and I probably won’t.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Most of the points are gotten outside of the 3 class boss kill things you mention.
    So all the juicy rewards can be gotten by just doing the arena, logging in and doing the objectives outside of the boss ones.
    I have started to save up on t1cc and t2cc because I have all the worthy rewards I want already outside of the 5* awakening and t5cc. Only did the boss objectives for uncollected.