**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best & Reliable SP1 Power Control Champion For End Game Content?

2»

Comments

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The only issue I've had with Dorm is that he is absolutely horrible against an awakened Ultron since Ultron regens with energy attacks. You can power control all day, but you'll need 100 hits to end the fight.

Yes. I love my Ultron. Against dorm and Cable and a few others, if you get hit with that energy and the sig is high enough you see a lot of GREEN on Ultron instantly plus he gains power too. :) Love it!
    Cap Marvel has the same awakened ability.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Behind OG vision, in terms of bare power controll dormammu is the best. They are the only two champs where you will never see an opponent gain an sp1. There is no argument.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    MCCXVI wrote: »
    How is Dormammu compared to Magik for power control?

I have a r4 4* Sig 40 Dorm. Since he is always on AWD, only time I actively use him is arena grinding. But each match with him goes this way:

Parry->Heavy to set the nuke charge to 1.
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 31. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 61. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 91. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 99. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Heavy to detonate the nuke charge.
    Parry->Heavy to set the nuke charge to 1.
    Parry->SP2-> sets nuke charge to 99. Power burns/locks
    Parry->Heavy to detonate the nuke charge.

They usually die from either the SP2 damage or the following heavy/nuke detonate. They usually never even get to use a single SP1.

Do you ever use his regen, its just an extra step added in.

The fights never last long enough to hit SP3, unless MD kicks enough.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    During Web Slinger Challenge (even with the class disadvantaged) I mainly used Dormammu 2 or 3 hits medium attack.. This kept the fighters at zero power until Dormammu reached his SP2.. After that you can really lay into them and reach SP2 again just as the first power lock ends
  • italian_treeitalian_tree Posts: 79
    magi, dock ock or even dorm
  • Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The only issue I've had with Dorm is that he is absolutely horrible against an awakened Ultron since Ultron regens with energy attacks. You can power control all day, but you'll need 100 hits to end the fight.

Yes. I love my Ultron. Against dorm and Cable and a few others, if you get hit with that energy and the sig is high enough you see a lot of GREEN on Ultron instantly plus he gains power too. :) Love it!
    Cap Marvel has the same awakened ability.

Ultron converts a percentage of all energy damage (except damage over time) into both heal and power. Captain Marvel only converts blocked energy damage and only into power.