**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

TAKE OFF TRUE FOCUS

Hi kabam how are you doing? Hope you must be happy after destroying my happiness of soon being able to R3 my 6* ghost to get TB. So here's how this goes. I completed Act6 and am at 97% of a tech t5cc and then kabam brings along true focus. Ghost is my only tech 6* except rocket. I r2d ghost. And now they are keeping true focus in literally every difficult game mode.
What am I supposed to do?
Also, i have an r4 awakened sparky (who doesnt really need evade but can benefit from evading specials a lot), a 6* r2 tigra, a 5* silver surfer, a 6* hood and an r5 g99 (who again doesn't need miss at all but it can be useful)
Kabam, if you don't want people to quake, just make a node called "NO QUAKE" and let the other champs be. It's not like you can quake or ghost literally everything either. You need astounding levels of skill with both champs and a ton of time with quake. So please go ahead and either take out true focus except for only some places if you really need it there, or give everyone who has a ranked up ghost or quake or tigra or stryfe or hood or silver surfer a ton of compensation.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Ghost is not really a high skill champ at all, she’s nothing like quake or tigra

And even then, quake is easy once you’ve mastered her. It’s a fair bit of work to master her, but then it’s just muscle memory, it’s not like you have to adjust to the fight like tigra. It’s literally just heavy, dex, heavy dex repeated. Only thing that throws that into question are a few specific match ups like KM, Dragon man etc where you have to do some things first to lock it down, or animations like domino or stealthy with double hits
    She’s WAY harder to master though, ghost is super simple to get to 90% effectiveness
    Oh absolutely, no disagreement from me on that point

The real mastery of ghost is how to use her without wasp synergy, but even then it pales in comparison to quake mastery.

Although, saying all this, what’s your take on Tigra vs Quake mastery? Who would you say is harder to learn, I only ask because for me, it probably took a month or two to learn quake fully, but I’ve been learning tigra for 3 or 4 months now, and I’d say I’m good enough now to take her for most content, but still have a ways to go. Like I did SoP fights with her, and a week 10 path, but I wouldn’t take her to war yet if you know what I mean.

Maybe it’s just a personal thing, and I couldn’t make any statement of Quake is objectively easier to learn than Tigra, but for me, I can say that I did take longer to learn Tigra. What are your thoughts?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Ghost is not really a high skill champ at all, she’s nothing like quake or tigra

And even then, quake is easy once you’ve mastered her. It’s a fair bit of work to master her, but then it’s just muscle memory, it’s not like you have to adjust to the fight like tigra. It’s literally just heavy, dex, heavy dex repeated. Only thing that throws that into question are a few specific match ups like KM, Dragon man etc where you have to do some things first to lock it down, or animations like domino or stealthy with double hits
    She’s WAY harder to master though, ghost is super simple to get to 90% effectiveness

The real mastery of ghost is how to use her without wasp synergy, but even then it pales in comparison to quake mastery.

Although, saying all this, what’s your take on Tigra vs Quake mastery? Who would you say is harder to learn, I only ask because for me, it probably took a month or two to learn quake fully, but I’ve been learning tigra for 3 or 4 months now, and I’d say I’m good enough now to take her for most content, but still have a ways to go. Like I did SoP fights with her, and a week 10 path, but I wouldn’t take her to war yet if you know what I mean.

Maybe it’s just a personal thing, and I couldn’t make any statement of Quake is objectively easier to learn than Tigra, but for me, I can say that I did take longer to learn Tigra. What are your thoughts?
    I don’t know enough tigra users to say but learning the spacing with her for all the different champs is rough, quake is MOSTLY just mastering the skill like you said
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

Hi kabam how are you doing? Hope you must be happy after destroying my happiness of soon being able to R3 my 6* ghost to get TB. So here's how this goes. I completed Act6 and am at 97% of a tech t5cc and then kabam brings along true focus. Ghost is my only tech 6* except rocket. I r2d ghost. And now they are keeping true focus in literally every difficult game mode.
    What am I supposed to do?
    Also, i have an r4 awakened sparky (who doesnt really need evade but can benefit from evading specials a lot), a 6* r2 tigra, a 5* silver surfer, a 6* hood and an r5 g99 (who again doesn't need miss at all but it can be useful)
    Kabam, if you don't want people to quake, just make a node called "NO QUAKE" and let the other champs be. It's not like you can quake or ghost literally everything either. You need astounding levels of skill with both champs and a ton of time with quake. So please go ahead and either take out true focus except for only some places if you really need it there, or give everyone who has a ranked up ghost or quake or tigra or stryfe or hood or silver surfer a ton of compensation.

Ghost can be used well with True Focus, so stop complaining and adapt to using Ghost in other fighting mechanics.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    I decided against R3 Ghost (she‘s R2 for quite some time) because of True Focus, but I actually never used her (simply because I still don‘t have a 5* or 6* Wasp and I have everything else except her and maybe CMM).
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

@BitterSteel I’m a quake main, and I will say tigra is SIGNIFICANTLY harder. Only thing I can’t do with quake reliably is double mediums like stealthy, tigra. Tigra is literally another beast. You have to make instantaneous decisions about spacing, know the spacing of tigras heavy, opponents heavy and opponents special. Quake just becomes muscle memory after a while.
    That’s exactly my take on it too!

I suppose tigra eventually becomes muscle memory too, once you’ve learned every champ, but it’s a mammoth task compared to learning quake
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★

Broo chill, ghost will still be super strong and it’s a fantastic TB rank up. I have a r3 sig 200
    Ghost too and she’s clappin cheeks for sure.

As soon as you become TB, T5cc will come more often.

With that being said, the TF Node seems to be a quick shot from kabam. Maybe some adjustments will be done for future content. Have a nice Sunday evening !

You seem to be the only person who does not completely disagree with the post-maker over here. I remember a couple weeks ago I made a post saying true focus is good and still got a ton of protest
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Broo chill, ghost will still be super strong and it’s a fantastic TB rank up. I have a r3 sig 200
    Ghost too and she’s clappin cheeks for sure.

As soon as you become TB, T5cc will come more often.

With that being said, the TF Node seems to be a quick shot from kabam. Maybe some adjustments will be done for future content. Have a nice Sunday evening !

You seem to be the only person who does not completely disagree with the post-maker over here. I remember a couple weeks ago I made a post saying true focus is good and still got a ton of protest
    Haha jep, Not everything is black or white. Grey, and shades of grey are also existing. I am very curious how kabam responds to that raise of the community.. time will tell
  • Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    Kabam won’t nerf this even though it’s ridiculously hard and unfair because it’s meant for end game players that complain that everything is too easy. It is a shame they didn’t make a medium level quest for the rest of us though with like 1 6 star and a 5% t5cc selector as rewards, that is where they often screw up.

I completed the entire Shang-Chi side quest chapter 1 on Auto play while eating my dinner except for the last path or 2 and the final boss is all I had to play mostly because the AI sucks.
    It was beginner level easy, waaaaaay to easy and boring. Then I went into chapter 2 like “Okay, now the cool, fun chapter, let’s do this!” and I got annihilated 50 times in a row and quit and thats with an r3 unduped Corvus and an r3 duped NF. So don’t feel bad dude, I am a Thronebreaker with a pretty decent roster and I won’t be completing this quest, not worth the stress/rewards.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    I have a R3 Sig 200 Ghost and still use her in alliance war all the time even against True Focus and I'm in Tier 2. It's a harder Quake nerf then Ghost.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Zenn_La said:

Kabam won’t nerf this even though it’s ridiculously hard and unfair because it’s meant for end game players that complain that everything is too easy. It is a shame they didn’t make a medium level quest for the rest of us though with like 1 6 star and a 5% t5cc selector as rewards, that is where they often screw up.

I completed the entire Shang-Chi side quest chapter 1 on Auto play while eating my dinner except for the last path or 2 and the final boss is all I had to play mostly because the AI sucks.
    It was beginner level easy, waaaaaay to easy and boring. Then I went into chapter 2 like “Okay, now the cool, fun chapter, let’s do this!” and I got annihilated 50 times in a row and quit and thats with an r3 unduped Corvus and an r3 duped NF. So don’t feel bad dude, I am a Thronebreaker with a pretty decent roster and I won’t be completing this quest, not worth the stress/rewards.

But that‘s how all these kind of Challenges are like. 1st Chapter really easy and the 2nd hard as hell. These Events appear like twice a year (just remember Spider-Hams Challenge or the ones before).
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Even with True Focus, a Ghost still breaks the game.
    https://youtu.be/KzThLecfbDQ
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

For 95% of champs, you can Quake them exactly the same way.

With Tigra, you need to know IF you can use "miss" and spacing changes from champ to champ.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Seriously now? We really don't care if you can't play with one of 200+ champions the way you like.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Tigra is harder to master because each fight’s spacing varies depending on who the defender is. Plus there are the occasional breeze walk forward of either you or the defender that messes up the regular spacing. It’s also easier to miscue with Tigra given that one mis-swipe backward can mess you up big time with the heavy counter (and her health is pretty sad, making her very glassy).

Despite saying that, I’ll most likely be bringing her to 6* R4. She’s fun to play (except when you slip up lol).