**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why does CMM gain only one energy charge when parries Nimrod?

UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 196 ★★
edited September 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 196 ★★

I glanced his abilities and didn’t notice anything that would cause that.

I read through his abilities and node buffs twice and couldn’t find anything either.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Hey there, I believe I know what's happening here. By default, Captain Marvel only gains Persistent Energy Charges by blocking if the attack dealt physical damage, with well-timed blocks giving her an extra Energy Charge. However, all of Nimrod's attacks deal energy damage, instead of physical, so blocking those hits should give her no Charges normally, and only give an extra Charge when she gets the Parry.

I just tested what you said against Doom. He also deals energy damage, but CMM gets two charges on parry.

Electricity gives her Charges.
    Just a thought.
    Yes. It seems it might be broken.
    *Nimrod that is.
    Could be an extension of the Parry bug as well.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Magneto also gives her 2 charges on parry…. The explanation from zibiit seems a bit kabam-y in my eyes.

It makes sense from her abilities perspective but that is clearly not what is happening in practise.
  • UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 196 ★★
    Typhoon said:

Based on your screenshot, what is PROBABLY happening here is the fact that you did perfect blocks against Nimrod, so you took 0 damage. Therefore, you get one persistent energy charge from the parry but none from the physical/energy damage. Your other screenshots you are not doing perfect blocks and are taking damage, therefore you get the second charge.

You can parry and receive 0 damage.

That's my bad everyone, I had accidentally pulled up a much older version of her abilities when looking to see what might be causing this. She receives Energy Charges when receiving energy damage. I've passed the report about Nimrod along to the rest of the team to take a look at.

Thanks Z!
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Hey there, I believe I know what's happening here. By default, Captain Marvel only gains Persistent Energy Charges by blocking if the attack dealt physical damage, with well-timed blocks giving her an extra Energy Charge. However, all of Nimrod's attacks deal energy damage, instead of physical, so blocking those hits should give her no Charges normally, and only give an extra Charge when she gets the Parry.

you were right Z.
    Typhoon said:

Based on your screenshot, what is PROBABLY happening here is the fact that you did perfect blocks against Nimrod, so you took 0 damage. Therefore, you get one persistent energy charge from the parry but none from the physical/energy damage. Your other screenshots you are not doing perfect blocks and are taking damage, therefore you get the second charge.
    you're right tested against other champs with perfect block synergy and she only gained one charge

• DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    While at it, same thing happens against Warmachine's sp1, and falcon's sp1 (no focus for him), and probably someone else I can't remember
    DrDrill said:

While at it, same thing happens against Warmachine's sp1, and falcon's sp1 (no focus for him), and probably someone else I can't remember

warmachine is fixed
    OP how are you getting perfect blocks with cmm?
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★

Not OP, but there are a couple ways;

Through Teammates synergy

Guardian synergy

or

Mastery

... two in a row and first charges? I'd bet on the Guardian synergy
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★
    Zan0 said:

Not OP, but there are a couple ways;

Through Teammates synergy

Guardian synergy

or

Mastery

... two in a row and first charges? I'd bet on the Guardian synergy
    Just here to say it’s obviously not the guardian synergy. You can literally look at his screenshot and see it
    Good point! I didn't check for the charge icon!
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    A r3 CMM has a high enough block proficiency for a 6* guardian to give her perfect parries when fighting against an opponent with a challenger rating of 130 which is what Nimrod has.