**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Harder: Variants or 7.1

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Where should I head in the game next? I just became thronebreaker [~2200 units required for GM], and I have only done one run of variant 4 out of all the variants. Should I focus on variants, or 7.1? I have most champs required for the different variants. What would be the best use of my time?

Harder: Variants or 7.1 40 votes

Variants
65%
A_rock007SpeedbumpRobbieRampageOliverJWRahultripathiAckbar67Stagedear85Ben550pLordSmasherNo_oneukSarvanga1_KJ3011ErcarretwalkerdogChikelkuledaniel2000LpooXguard77SL1229Giuliameij 26 votes
20%
AdvTawliVoltolosFiiNCHBollandDraconic_12Fear_of_Clowns2099AntzRodz 8 votes
Take a break
15%
jdrum663TheHoodedDormammuMauledRenaxqqBrHunter673600casual0 6 votes
Grind that arean for more units
0%
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SL1229SL1229 Posts: 61
    Variants
    wait...is the poll for what's more difficult or what should you do next?
  • Options
    Oops, I see that that is two different questions now. I meant for the poll to be what I should do next.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    Variants
    Exploit variants 5, 6 and 7 - after that go to 7.1
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Variants
    I say complete variant 5/6/7 for the rank up crystal. Then do 7.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Variants
    It does depend on your roster. But I would just complete 5/6/7 to get the 3 6* champs and they might be usefull for 7.1,
    5* champs can work very well in 7.1 however 6* champs to have their benefits, you might pull a really great counter for an initial completion run.
    And the rank up crystals might give you a usefull r5 5* or 2
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    Dang. I was hoping to find out which one is harder. I have done initial clears of variants 4, 5, 6 and 7 and have beaten the gm but I'm looking to get t5cc. So I have been saving units and trying decide to either explore the variants or do act 7 and try to explore that.

To the OP I would do the variants personally. They are relatively easy and the 5 star rank up gems are nice.
  • Options
    Variants it is. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Take a break
    Variants are probably easier and if you spent 2200 units on the GM then I can only say that you brute forced it and really need to either widen your roster or improve your skills.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Variants

Dang. I was hoping to find out which one is harder. I have done initial clears of variants 4, 5, 6 and 7 and have beaten the gm but I'm looking to get t5cc. So I have been saving units and trying decide to either explore the variants or do act 7 and try to explore that.

To the OP I would do the variants personally. They are relatively easy and the 5 star rank up gems are nice.

I'd say an explore of the variants is harder than act 7 as they are much more specific on your roster.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    It doesn't work like this. There is no generic answer to your question. Both Variants and Act 7 have roster-dependent nodes. It all depends on your roster and the answers it can give to the questions posed by the designers.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Variants
    I would go with Act 7. (I voted Variants but that was because I thought you wanted to know which was harder.)

Act 7 is just plain fun. I think Act 7 and the last two Variants are similar in terms of design - sometimes hard nodes, but also fun boosts to your champs that make taking on those nodes easier - and they are fairly interchangeable in terms of what you should focus on and general level of "funness".

I would probably recommend that you do an initial run of Act 7.1 and 7.2 to get those juicy completion rewards, then explore Variants 6 and 7 (and maybe 5 as well), then explore 7.1 and 7.2, and finally explore the other Variants if you feel like it.

Basically, I think that the Variants are harder but they are also significantly smaller to explore than the Act 7 chapters. Therefore, an initial completion of Act 7.1/2 is easier, but exploring the Variants is more time-friendly than fully exploring Act 7. At least that has been my experience.

One thing to keep in mind with Act 7 is also that it has great rewards on the lanes. You can form entire t5bs from just a single run of a single quest. That's obviously great but it also means that you might not necessarily want to plough through it all in one go because then a lot of resources will just go into your overflow. Just something to think about.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Variants
    Do completion of all the variants (expect maybe 1) next. It’s definitely easier than 7.1. If I were you I’d complete the variants you have the roster for and then do 7.1.