**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Level Up Event Missing? [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    Vintage773Vintage773 Posts: 61
    edited October 2021

Hey there everyone, just wanted to jump in here and clear some things up. The team was alerted yesterday that the event wasn't appearing as expected and they began working to investigate the cause. We believed we had found a solution and that the event would begin appearing correctly for everyone yesterday. When the event didn't appear, Porthos had let the rest of the team know this was still the case so they could continue looking into things. We apologize for any confusion, but as soon as we have more concrete info to share, we'll let everyone know.

I think people are more so irritated with that lack of communication initially than actually missing the event itself. A simple update from a mod stating they’re aware of the issue, and are investigating the cause would have gone a long way. It’s no secret that the game is broken right now, so everyone is naturally frustrated. People were frustrated that for the longest time there was no real communication, and when there was some…everyone chilled out a bit. Then the conversation around compensation was really vague, which lead to a new source of frustration. This game team and these forums have a history of not communicating with its loyal base, and when they do…it’s often times quite condescending (mainly talking about Miike).

To summarize, people aren’t THIS upset over missing a simple 22h level up event. They’re upset that the way it was handled continues an established pattern of poor communication.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,250 ★★★★★
    LouisW89 said:

This is all a bit dramatic for a Solo Event. The error was on their side, not debating that. Obviously they could only reinstate the rotation. No one is trying to deprive anyone of a Rev and 25 Units. People have the right to be upset, but saying things like they can't do anything right, or they're inept, is just uncalled for. Especially given what it is.

I don't think that's the point. It's 3 months+ of bugs, server crashes, broken events. This on it's own isn't really a problem, but you can't deny that there has been problems/bugs/lag with every single update or weekly event recently.

And then for Kabam developers to say 'we thought it was resolved but whoopsie', basically equates to 'we have no idea why our game keeps breaking and we don't know how to fix it'.

And I'm not saying they're not trying to fix it - they clearly have made some effort. But it's laughable at this point that bugs happen so regularly. I honestly don't understand why people are still throwing money at the game while it's still such a mess
    Money or lack thereof isn't going to make things get resolved any faster. Nor does it help to have a list of issues in the backs of our minds to pull out anytime something goes wrong. All that does is build up frustration that most certainly cannot be satiated.
    I'm not saying things haven't gone wrong. Clearly they have. I'm just saying I look at individual issues as they are.
  • Options
    ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112
    Just give a definitive statement. Say we skipping it this time. Or say we starting in 1 hour. The problem is the waiting.
  • Options
    AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 85
    You have got to be kidding me!!! Level up bugs up but the arena one comes normal?!?!
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Looks like this will be closed. No level up event.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    You've got your answer now.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Hey there everyone, just wanted to come in and provide an update and some clarification as to what happened. The 22hr Level Up Solo Event that was initially generated, was found to be broken. The team was able to fix the root issue that caused the broken event, but, it was found after implementing the fix that the safest option was to remove the broken event entirely in order to avoid further interruptions to the rest of the game and so that a fixed version of the event could be generated. After removal of the broken event, a new 22hr Solo Event was able to generate successfully today. The event that was generated wasn’t Level Up, but the team confirms that the system otherwise appears to be working correctly now.

We apologize that the Level Up event yesterday had to be removed. We investigated ways to try to make Level Up reappear but, due to the way Solo Events are generated, we are not able to force a new Level Up Event to appear immediately without risking further knock-on effects to this system. Events should be generated normally again going forward though, so please keep an eye out for it in the near future.

We apologize again for the confusion and thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Cool, thanks for the in-depth explanation!
  • Options
    PreguiçaPreguiça Posts: 1

Hey there everyone, just wanted to come in and provide an update and some clarification as to what happened. The 22hr Level Up Solo Event that was initially generated, was found to be broken. The team was able to fix the root issue that caused the broken event, but, it was found after implementing the fix that the safest option was to remove the broken event entirely in order to avoid further interruptions to the rest of the game and so that a fixed version of the event could be generated. After removal of the broken event, a new 22hr Solo Event was able to generate successfully today. The event that was generated wasn’t Level Up, but the team confirms that the system otherwise appears to be working correctly now.

We apologize that the Level Up event yesterday had to be removed. We investigated ways to try to make Level Up reappear but, due to the way Solo Events are generated, we are not able to force a new Level Up Event to appear immediately without risking further knock-on effects to this system. Events should be generated normally again going forward though, so please keep an eye out for it in the near future.

We apologize again for the confusion and thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Would solo events not be changed? I didn't see any difference.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

Also, just to confirm, we will be sending out compensation for the milestone rewards for the Event that was skipped, which should be able to go out next week.
    Now that's more like it. Thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you, Z!
  • Options
    King_SternyKing_Sterny Posts: 58

AlexMilo said:

Guess I’m gonna have to sell the cr*p ton of mystic ISO I had saved for Sigil Witch..

Are you not capable of using it without Level-Up?
    This is not a particularly "wise" comment. You know full well that levelling up a Champion outside of the Level Up Event is akin to giving away other valuable resources. The frustration that many are having isn't just about selling the iso; it's about being forced to either sell the iso and to delay level ups and rank ups that would improve one's roster, or to use the iso to level now and miss out on a week's worth of event rewards.
  • Options

AlexMilo said:

Guess I’m gonna have to sell the cr*p ton of mystic ISO I had saved for Sigil Witch..

Are you not capable of using it without Level-Up?
    This is not a particularly "wise" comment. You know full well that levelling up a Champion outside of the Level Up Event is akin to giving away other valuable resources. The frustration that many are having isn't just about selling the iso; it's about being forced to either sell the iso and to delay level ups and rank ups that would improve one's roster, or to use the iso to level now and miss out on a week's worth of event rewards.
    It's wise when you consider people allowing their ISO and Cats to expire, rather than use it. Pretty logical to be honest. Use it, or lose it.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

We don't want compensations, we want a game running as intended.

Speak for yourself, I definitely want compensation! The only reason I do level up is for those 25 units, the revive and the 5* sig.
  • Options
    Jez25Jez25 Posts: 42
    Kabam have screwed us again..
    Wasted iso expiring. Lost of items from the level up event which includes 25 units.. and all we get is a lame excuse and apology..
  • Options
    Benighted_ChaosBenighted_Chaos Posts: 18
    edited October 2021
    While it's understandably frustrating (I myself have 3 newly duped 5 stars I need to rank up), some of us do appreciate and understand that it was a late in your shift error and you all resolved it and communicated by the very next morning.

As a show of goodwill, and as it only costs some lines of code, may I suggest you guys simply send out the level up rank rewards as a way to earn some goodwill from the community? It's just a suggestion and I'm sure, while it won't please everyone, it will ease hostilities on a lot and show you are for the players. The rewards are not over the top and you guys have done much more elaborate payouts. Either way, many of us appreciate the quick turnaround between the mods and programmers.