**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why so stingy with the 6 star awakening gem crystals?!

Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
When act7.2 first announced I said; "Why there is still no 6 star awakening gem crystal for a reward?" and someone said, act 7.2 not worth it, they will probably give it with the Gauntlet or the SOP. And here we are act 7.3 coming out, SOP and GAUNTLET come and gone but there is still no 6 star awakening gem crystal. Why just why? Giving 2 6 star nexus is ok but a single awakening gem crystal would break the game or something? The rewards for 7.2 was really bad and 7.3 looks that way too, add a gem to it at least to make it interesting. 2 nexus is good but it's the only thing that is good and not enough with all that paradox complexity.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Just wait till act 7 gets over. Still too soon to just be giving out awakening gems in every chapter
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    They should be one in cyber weekend. And 7.4 should drop in q1 of 2022
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

It's pretty simple if you think about it from a business standpoint instead of a player enjoyment standpoint; scarcity=demand, demand=spending.
    You'll see them in money offers and nowhere else, at least for a good while.

It's inevitable that deals will come up and of course a lot of people will complain about that but the unfortunate reality is that no video game developer ever plans on being a nonprofit. But the other aspect is to look at everything not just a business perspective but also a game balance issue. It's one of the reasons why after so many years we're just now seeing rank fours as a more reachable goal.

We've seen what happens when whales spend to take their Champions to their max potential in this game, they either end up in the top crews and all the controversy that surrounds them or they get bored, then complaining about not being challenged with new variants or acts monthly and then eventually they leave due to dissatisfaction. And since nobody is in a rush for Seven Stars, especially the Developers, this is where things get muddled and trying to find that balance is the non-emergency mess we are currently in.

• Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Same reason why 6* sig stones are overly rare: because they still sell well.

I say overly because I believe f2p overachievers (top-100 types) should be able to compete in the prestige game, which they currently aren't. It doesn't affect me, but it definitely makes top-tier play inaccessible without dropping cash unless the ally is willing to take the hit for some reason. Usually not a good sign.
  • Options

Same reason why 6* sig stones are overly rare: because they still sell well.

I say overly because I believe f2p overachievers (top-100 types) should be able to compete in the prestige game, which they currently aren't. It doesn't affect me, but it definitely makes top-tier play inaccessible without dropping cash unless the ally is willing to take the hit for some reason. Usually not a good sign.

Hey Brian Grant is walking, talking proof that free-to-play players are capable of having high prestige Champions and completing endgame content, however as you've seen from his videos, it requires a level of dedication and discipline that frankly.. Not a lot of people want to do. Now going off of this weekend's current event, if they decided to have more opportunities with gold purchases like we did with the Deadpool event, I think it can help close a lot of the gaps between FTP and the payers but again it requires a certain amount of discipline to hoard gold, which again, not a lot wish to do. So if the community as a whole were to stop treating it like an arms race (with a heavy emphasis on racing) then you could take a step back, really strategize accordingly and make a long-term plan from there.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    I didn’t even realize rewards were posted, this is a huge let down. All my alliance members thought we’d at least get a crystal for 7.3 exploration. This is very disappointing. For the current state of the economy , the rewards seem a little lackluster. 7.3 should’ve had a crystal and act 7 exploration should’ve had a generic
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    So, when 6 star champs entered the game, it seems to have been decided that the speed of account progression should be slowed down. If we use story mode as a gauge, we see that in 5.3 explore offered a random 5 AG and then Act explore offered a generic. This trend didn't remain with 6 star progression though. In act 6, we see that 6.3 offered none and then Act explore offered a random. Now that 7.3 rewards have been posted, we can see there is no AG as well. Even a full 3 years after the release of 6 star and one full Act later...

I agree, and as BG has said, roster progression has slowed to a crawl. However, we need to realize that any of us who complained here on this forum with statements such as:
    "OMG 6 stars are already coming to the game?!" And now.. "If they release 7 stars, I will quit the game!" Have all played a part in this. Your feedback was basically asking for the progression to slow down... You can't issue the above listed feedback on one day, then complain the progression of the current rarity is too slow on the next. The only way to avoid the next rarity being introduced is to slow down the progression of the current one. Or.. to introduce something like Relics.

But, I absolutely agree that progression has been markedly slowed down at the high end of the game. However, progression has never been faster for more recently started accounts. It's way faster to get somewhere now, but then it will slow down the closer you get to "the top" (whatever that means).
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    What I think people really meant... When they complained about the introduction of 6, and now 7 star champs is:

"Noooo, I want *other* people's progress slowed... but not *mine*... so I can "catch up".

It doesn't work that way lol. And I still don't understand the concept of "catching up" or "closing the gap" in this game. And, why on earth would you want to "catch up" if under your philosophy, it means your progression will now be stunted...in order for those who came after you to "catch up". It's about the journey, not the destination. As if we ever were to reach the destination, the game is over.

But, as I said. I 100% agree that 6 star AG have been markedly more rare than 5 star were (relative to the state of the game at the time).
  • Options

What I think people really meant... When they complained about the introduction of 6, and now 7 star champs is:

"Noooo, I want *other* people's progress slowed... but not *mine*... so I can "catch up".

It doesn't work that way lol. And I still don't understand the concept of "catching up" or "closing the gap" in this game. And, why on earth would you want to "catch up" if under your philosophy, it means your progression will now be stunted...in order for those who came after you to "catch up". It's about the journey, not the destination. As if we ever were to reach the destination, the game is over.

But, as I said. I 100% agree that 6 star AG have been markedly more rare than 5 star were (relative to the state of the game at the time).

This is story mode content that gets periodically released. One awakening gem crystal wouldn’t have made that kind of impact seeing as so many champs benefit or need a gem, and the rate at which new champs get released is significantly more rapid.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Polygon said:

This is story mode content that gets periodically released. One awakening gem crystal wouldn’t have made that kind of impact seeing as so many champs benefit or need a gem, and the rate at which new champs get released is significantly more rapid.
    I agree. I think it should have been included. Especially since this is the *second* Act released since 6 stars have been part of the game. Was just giving some explanation about the decision Kabam has made to slow progress at the top and speed it for newer players.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Nick Fury, corvus glaive, couple other Champions that really benefit from just being awakened, not necessarily at high signature, there are plenty of Champions who benefit greatly just from Matawan Awakening Gem and just because you don't have the resources doesn't mean others don't there could easily be other people who are sitting on tons of Stones Waiting to awaken somebody and take them to quarter, half maybe even two thirds
  • Options

Polygon said:

Nick Fury, corvus glaive, couple other Champions that really benefit from just being awakened, not necessarily at high signature, there are plenty of Champions who benefit greatly just from Matawan Awakening Gem and just because you don't have the resources doesn't mean others don't there could easily be other people who are sitting on tons of Stones Waiting to awaken somebody and take them to quarter, half maybe even two thirds
    Reread what i said, i was arguing in favor of the gem...