**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What gets you more excited?

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,779 ★★★★★
And why?

What gets you more excited? 152 votes

New Champs
30%
TristanSpeedbumpTheVyrusSundance_2099Josh_Boss15BlackSaChiCropDusterLogan00Mad_Titan72CanuckDownUnderWine_LoverRockypantherxIron_Patriot_is_litMother_FlerkenDeacondangarang122Fit_Fun9329Thoye3EdeuinkFiiNCH 46 votes
Buffed Champs
69%
TheJalliLeNoirFaineantWorld EaterCrimsonBadgerbuffajr7abo2aPsychoakumaTerrathanks4playingkfd2010kikiFurieuxrockykostonyuwStueyoneKerneasAssumedNameRickGrimes_King73Mreyay2234LibertyPrimeV1Moosetiptronic 106 votes

Comments

• Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Buffed Champs
    WhoDaPoo said:

I'd rather see a meme tier become a god than have to read a novel to understand a new released potential beyond god who may not live up to the hype after two months. I'm a bit burnt out.

haha fair point !
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,576 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Buffed Champs
    I might actually have the champ that’s getting buffed.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    New Champs
    There’s just something about new champions that makes me excited. Now, when a champion gets a crazy buff I’m more excited about those results, but I feel like I haven’t played or at least used many of the champions who’ve been buffed and are pretty good but aren’t crazy.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    New Champs
    Used to be buffed champs, but there have just been so many underwhelming buffs recently that it’s hard to get excited considering the possibility of only getting slight changes in a champ with the same animations, giving the character no new taste. I’m looking directly at you Gamora and Guillotine.

While new champions can also end up being utter ****, they at least bring the guarantee of fresh new animations, synergies, and most likely new mechanics.

Both have their pros and cons (especially with new champs being very difficult to get) but I personally just find myself getting more excited for new champs these days. That could change in the coming months though.
  • Options
    TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    New Champs
    When they buff a champion I already know, I develop an expectation and the buff doesn't usually match my expectation.
    New champions come without any preconceived thoughts or expectations.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    Buffed Champs
    Definitely buffs. When it’s not gamora, gives the champ niche-very good utility, or boosts the damage to a champ that already has good utility allowing for more options to clear content. Love mole god, ultron, magneto, venom, civil warrior, angela, etc.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Buffed Champs
    It depends on if you like them outside of mcoc for example lets say you love Adam Warlock and he comes to the game, you would love it and be excited. However if you love a character like taskmaster (#buff taskmaster) and he got a buff I would love it and be excited. So either way it depends more on how you view the specific character. [And there abilities]
  • Options
    ParatedParated Posts: 34
    Buffed Champs
    Seeing how old **** champs are getting a buff to be not completely garbage anymore is the best satisfaction. 2 new champs every month is kinda starting to get annoying
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Buffed Champs
    Buffed champs. There’s nothing more satisfying than a dud 6* champ suddenly becoming fun, useful, or amazing.
    Pre-buff magneto was my 4th 6* champ, Diablo was my 6th. I had Angela (my first duped 6 * champ) at sig 80 before her buff.
    It’s fun to turn sour luck into a useful, fun playing option.

I do love new champs, but I typically get more excited about their synergies than I do the actual champ.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,339 ★★★★★
    Buffed Champs
    Because I have six star karnak
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Buffed Champs
    I typically won't have a chance to get the new champs for several months after release and I already have the champs getting buffed.
  • Options
    AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★
    New Champs
    I for one just enjoy seeing the new skills and animations that the new champions have. I also just like seeing who kabam brings into the game. Also since I don’t have a super expansive roster with too many champs, I like to dream about when I can get my hands on a new champion. Also buffed champions to me are like new champions to me if I don’t have them yet.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Buffed Champs
    Easily, because I can obtain them/maybe i already have them.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Buffed Champs

i am at that stage of the game where my roster is developed enough, and i will just rank the VERY good characters, and i cannot rank fun characters even if i wanted to, because of catalyst shortage. buffed champions being good at that level, like the already "good" champs we know, is very rare.

My roster is developed enough that I rank fun and niche characters often😂