**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it just me who might just opt out of Cosmic Horror?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★

Honestly i don't think it's that bad if you carefully activate your pre-fights: I have done the first three paths and I've used items only for errors on my side (and because the third AV didn't want to throw heavies :grr: ) and only for my third run with a rank 3 symbiote, so a R4 might be enough for the fourth path and a R5 maybe even overpowered, it depends how he will scale.
    The regen is incredibly good and you have three champions to heal against: Venom, VP and Symbiote Supreme; the damage is here, with 15 furies he is hitting really hard for a champion with the base strength of a maxed four star, he looked like my 5* R5 venom; power control and tenacity are really good once you understand how to use them to your advantage; not to mention that there are two more ranks available with two more abilities to unlock. I will surely go for the fourth path, even though it seems really scary right now ^_^

I agree with this one as I also completed path 3 with r3 Symbioid, you just have to manage your pre-fights carefully in the early fights and adjust your combos depending on who you are facing.
    Cause with 3x Leech, 1 sp1 and it is all in your control. Just dash back after every sp to power steal. MM for Furies, LLLL for Nullify and Heal. Heavies for Poison to shutdown evade. It's all in there, just have to read and plan ahead.
    Will try path 4 once Symbioid is r5.
    The prefights last the whole quest after activated y’know. You don’t need to manage them very much
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Not sure if m gonna do that side quest myself, for this month, m choosing catalyst over shards ! So going for t5 basics one (symbiote supreme) easiest of them all if u have doom n torch!!
    It would have been better if other side quest(only with symbioid) had different path selector [just 6 fights & then knull boss, for each path] would have make more sense than this circus grind..
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    I can't get past that second run Knull. I can just waste all of my units for it but that would just make me feel worse. So I might have to say goodbye to those gem, 5 star & 6 star. I guess I can't awaken my 5* Hyperion yet.

If I don't have to do the whole path over and over again, I might push myself through the quest.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Just out of curiosity, why are people burning resources to complete 1 or 2 or even 3 paths when Symbiote is still only at r3? You will have to repeat those paths again. Might as well wait till he is r5 before seeing how far you can go.

You cant do it all in one run if you want all the rewards. You have to do a separate run for every reward/Kull boss island. Ive just done the 1st couple easy paths. Useful to get the hang of it and how to properly manage your pre-fights.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I will see how it goes. So far I haven't tried much, but it looks hard and annoying, especially the prefight limits are a bit of a pain. I have solid revive+units stash, so it is up to me to decide whether to go for this, or save for 7.3 (which I plan to do when my job duties fall off a bit)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

It's disappointing that we have to get through hell to get him to r5, something that I stopped hoping for, and doing only the Epic paths in SQ. And the result is, a 5* crystal? Since I don't think I ll be able to complete the horror's last path with a r4 Steve..

Have you tried the legendary Sym Spidey quest?
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Graves_3 said:

Just out of curiosity, why are people burning resources to complete 1 or 2 or even 3 paths when Symbiote is still only at r3? You will have to repeat those paths again. Might as well wait till he is r5 before seeing how far you can go.

You cant do it all in one run if you want all the rewards. You have to do a separate run for every reward/Kull boss island. Ive just done the 1st couple easy paths. Useful to get the hang of it and how to properly manage your pre-fights.
    Makes sense if you need to do multiple runs anyways. But you can still wait until the Symbiote is stronger. No point spending resources to get a 3* awakening gem/4* awakening gem which you can easily get with a stronger Symbiote without spending resources.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

phil56201 said:

Graves_3 said:

Makes sense if you need to do multiple runs anyways. But you can still wait until the Symbiote is stronger. No point spending resources to get a 3* awakening gem/4* awakening gem which you can easily get with a stronger Symbiote without spending resources.
    Graves_3 said:

phil56201 said:

Graves_3 said:

Yeah, if you have to use resources, sure. But the 1st 3 paths got pretty easy after I did a few practice runs to get the hang of it. And I just thought it was fun figuring out how to use the pre-fights and see how far I could get.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Crcrcrc said:

The prefights last the whole quest after activated y’know. You don’t need to manage them very much

You really do, though. You can only activate 1 of every type of prefight per fight. So if you want 3x devour (for example) before getting to a certain matchup, you have to make sure to activate 1 per fight. Plus you get 2 charges for every Venom, so you have to choose which other prefight you will need next going forward, or if you want to build up charges for prefights that cost 3 charges like leech.
    Finding that getting the furies up first is a huge plus for dropping health pools. Then the nullify ones. Get some base up and then focus on the items that need 3 charges. Now that I'm going this route, the paths are becoming manageable. Still working out the kinks, bit those stacked furies make a huge difference. Of course, you need to be able to throw MM so before the mixmaster nodes, need to unlock the one that reduces evade to be able to stack the furies.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    DrZola said:

This is the true face of Cosmic Horror. All that work my Sym did and this is what he has to show for it. Plus part of a science T5.

Sorry little buddy. The game should treat you much better.

Dr. Zola

How many units did it cost to get through it all?
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    The other day I came across a player having 3 r3 6-stars. Yet this player is not a throne breaker. Perhaps the pace players progress exceeds their roster and ability to complete certain content.

I'm fortunate the only rewards I desire, I have the perfect counters. The number of champions in the game and the complexities of these champions are perhaps overwhelming. The community taught me I had the right pieces for the puzzle.

I have not attempted 5 of the 6 chapters. Based on reviewing threads, websites and videos, I believe Kabam should revisit the complexity of their puzzles. This is a bit hard to accomplish.

One entry, I believe is a problem. It doesn't account for player unfamiliarity with a situation. I think the completion timer option is better. Players have an hour to complete the task. This allows players to regroup, rethink, call-a-friend, ask the audience, for help. It increase the opportunity for success. Success is why we play the game.