**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about voids relevance in 2021?

AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So I’ve finally awakened my 6* void, and am thinking of him as being my next r3 and someone I’ll finally be able to dump my sigs into.

But to those who have him at a high rank, do you still actually use him? I feel like I’m not seeing him as much as I used to. Would you still put him up there as a top 5 science? And should I rank him?

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    There is more competition with regards to his regen and power control nowadays, but he still does those things (and more) just as well as he always did. He's a bit of a slow champ that relies on RNG until he has gotten all of his debuffs on his opponent, but after that he can still just shut them down completely if they have some sort of power gain or regeneration.

I have my 5* at r5 and max sig, and I love him. I recently-ish ranked him up (maybe half a year ago) and he hasn't let me down. I would recommend that you at the very least r2 yours and see how you like him. If you do, you can easily decide if you think he's worth more sig stones and an r3 eventually. But yeah, I'd still say he's great. Not necessarily "the greatest" like he was before simply because there have come many more amazing science champs since then, but his foremost qualities are pretty evergreen. There will always be champions that gain health or power from buffs, and there will always be a need to counter that reliably. Void is still that counter.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

There is more competition with regards to his regen and power control nowadays, but he still does those things (and more) just as well as he always did. He's a bit of a slow champ that relies on RNG until he has gotten all of his debuffs on his opponent, but after that he can still just shut them down completely if they have some sort of power gain or regeneration.

I have my 5* at r5 and max sig, and I love him. I recently-ish ranked him up (maybe half a year ago) and he hasn't let me down. I would recommend that you at the very least r2 yours and see how you like him. If you do, you can easily decide if you think he's worth more sig stones and an r3 eventually. But yeah, I'd still say he's great. Not necessarily "the greatest" like he was before simply because there have come many more amazing science champs since then, but his foremost qualities are pretty evergreen. There will always be champions that gain health or power from buffs, and there will always be a need to counter that reliably. Void is still that counter.

I appreciate the detailed response. I might r 2 him then. He’s definitely still amazing for power gain and regen, and I know he has a pretty average evade counter I think.

My biggest problem with him is his rng reliance as you mentioned and also I wish he had a little more utility for current content in 2021 (for example void would be perfect as a degen reisistant champ…I mean he’s void). Not that he should be priority for a buff obviously tho.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I never had a 5* void to rank up, and when I did it wasn't a priority, but when I duped my 6* I r3 him pretty quick.

I look at void a little different with his debuffs. I dont go to him for his individual debuff effects, I just go to him for his debuff degen and regen counter, and I still view him as worth it. I also have KM at 6* r3 so maybe that skews the benefit a little. Overall I would recommend void for r3, but its always a question of "what else do you have". for me, he was high on the list
  • Options
    He is still a monster. Yes there are others more flashy, but void is still the same reliable workhorse. I dumped my science AG and r3ed him. Worth it still.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I recently pulled a 6* void and place on giving him the r3 treatment once i can dupe
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    I have both Void (L102) and KM at R2. For now, both will stay there, although I might reconsider KM if I awakened him.

What can be frustrating with Void is the slow play style. Combine that with the fact there are more champs who can approximate what he does and have other abilities as well and I have to admit my 6* Void hasn’t gotten a ton of use.

It’s probably a matter of roster. If you have other champs with similar abilities, Void may well not be your first or second choice. But if the only “void” on your roster is power gain/regen reversal and debuffing, he’s still very, very good. He’s got a large health pool and is great at what he does.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    DrZola said:

I have both Void (L102) and KM at R2. For now, both will stay there, although I might reconsider KM if I awakened him.

What can be frustrating with Void is the slow play style. Combine that with the fact there are more champs who can approximate what he does and have other abilities as well and I have to admit my 6* Void hasn’t gotten a ton of use.

It’s probably a matter of roster. If you have other champs with similar abilities, Void may well not be your first or second choice. But if the only “void” on your roster is power gain/regen reversal and debuffing, he’s still very, very good. He’s got a large health pool and is great at what he does.

Dr. Zola

That’s the thing. I already have torch at r3 for heal reversal, and if there’s strong power gain I’d normally just go doom. So I’m not sure if he makes enough of an impact in my roster or not.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

That’s the thing. I already have torch at r3 for heal reversal, and if there’s strong power gain I’d normally just go doom. So I’m not sure if he makes enough of an impact in my roster or not.
    I have R5 torch that stays on the bench most of the time. Void is just better for heal reversal. You can slow play him, no need for parry heavy or find champs that do energy damage.
    Void also has the benefit of being incenerate immune (I use him for Torch and Mephisto) and has petrify for shutting down Doom. I use him maybe 3 times a month but each time I'm always glad I ranked him
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I can't really think of any single champ that covers all of Void's utility. Definitely not CapIW, you need to constantly parry, rapid metabolism nodes and nodes where you have to wait out certain timers or other things makes him suck. I have a 5* that's on the bench because having to constantly parry to keep up utility didn't seem worth it, I also only run 2/3 despair meaning that I need 4 petrify to start reversing healing. HT only covers incenerate immune and heal reversal. Against champs that don't do energy damage, you have to stay aggressive to maintain the heal reversal.
    Most of the "Void alternatives" only focus on his heal reversal while ignoring his immunity, weakeness on sp2 (for V6) and the ease of his playstle. Play slow, play fast, they still die.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Void still has incredible utility, as long as the opponent doesn't shrug off debuffs he's useful. He's always on my team for war and is useful for any tricky power gain or regen fights. He's great for the side quest venompool boss too. His only downside is that the debuffs can be slow to put on but that's not a huge issue.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    He's still as useful as he's always been.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I've had my 6 star at r3 and sig200 for a long time and he's so damn useful. I use him every alliance war and in so much general content. I'm 2/3s of the way to taking him to r4
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I've had my 6 star at r3 and sig200 for a long time and he's so damn useful. I use him every alliance war and in so much general content. I'm 2/3s of the way to taking him to r4

He's on my AW Attack as well.