**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Goodbye Spite, Hello something worse...

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
Well Kabam posted the nodes for the finals in Summoner

I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s even worse now. Lemme explain. When u “Dexed” an attack in the Semi Finals u would get a precision which would trigger spite, then the opponent decides to be passive and hold block or just simply not throw a SP meaning u have a very high chance of dying. We all saw this and were like “Dude, these nodes suck.”

I made a discussion yesterday about it and was very happy to see that almost everyone agreed that it’s not a game of skill it’s a game of RNG. We all hoped that these nodes might be changed. So I went to the MCoC news page to see if they had happened to release the abilities to the Nov. Champions and I saw there was an update on the Showdown. Naturally I looked and noticed new nodes.

I’m not happy...

When u now dex, you’re gonna put a buff on the opponent now and combined with Rich get Richer he’s gonna have power gain for even longer. Now u can prevent it with buffs on yourself but still this is not good. I’d also like to point out that Red Guardian and Spidey 2099 aren’t allowed. Kabam, I can’t say this enough. This is not good.

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Why isn't red guardian allowed? Where is the post?

They never rly said he’s not allowed, he’s just never in the deck the players pick from. If he was then he’d be picked like every time. Kabam just gave like a list of maybe 30 champs to pick from

Hmm, now who’s a really good nullify immune champ, who can reverse power gain and have a way to get openings against stun immune champions?

Hopefully they realize that
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Hmm, now who’s a really good nullify immune champ, who can reverse power gain and have a way to get openings against stun immune champions?

Mr.Negative.
    Bingo!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    LOL. Good luck with that.
  • I'm uh...not a fan
  • Pdogg614Pdogg614 Posts: 78
    If u read supper buffet you can intercept, making the cool down longer. Imo these nodes are much better than the last selection of nodes. I think this set of nodes will let skill shine through a bit more, still not perfect IMO but we will see how it plays out first.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    First person that came to my mind was Hood. I used him for "window of opportunity - stun" in off-season AW and he performed reliably. If the defender has lots of buffs then you can just cycle sp2 and stay invisible and stun immune the entire fight for risk free intercepts.
  • Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    So red guardian and spidey 2099 are going to be more valuable and cosmic chracters gonna suck
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    What interests me is that regular people who aren’t in the finals are upset on behalf of those who are. These are the players at the pinnacle of the game, who need interesting challenges to overcome utilising the right tools and their skills to do so.
  • ItsDamien said:

What interests me is that regular people who aren’t in the finals are upset on behalf of those who are. These are the players at the pinnacle of the game, who need interesting challenges to overcome utilising the right tools and their skills to do so.

In the end, we are the spectators who watch thes events. WHo wants to watch an sp3 montage as it has been so far?

ItsDamien said:

In the end, we are the spectators who watch thes events. WHo wants to watch an sp3 montage as it has been so far?
    Entertainment factor is subjective. Any competitive event can come across as boring for a spectator when there’s rules in play. But at the end of it the spectators aren’t the ones who are directly affected by those rules, it’s the competitors.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Right. But when we see the actual footage from the semifinals, it's either powerlock with vision, get lucky on special baiting, or just die due to sp3. Nothing remotely fun . Either a spectator or a player
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    And the way the scoring is designed. Dying faster gets yoy the win. So basically play kamikaze style.
  • ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Entertainment factor is subjective. Any competitive event can come across as boring for a spectator when there’s rules in play. But at the end of it the spectators aren’t the ones who are directly affected by those rules, it’s the competitors.
    well if you want to watch sp3s you can do so ingame. No need to watch a "skill" based competition where players can do nothing but wait for a passive ai to do so.

ItsDamien said:

Right. But when we see the actual footage from the semifinals, it's either powerlock with vision, get lucky on special baiting, or just die due to sp3. Nothing remotely fun . Either a spectator or a player

And the way the scoring is designed. Dying faster gets yoy the win. So basically play kamikaze style.

And why are we as Spectators complaining about the rules that the Competitors have to go through on their behalf? Just baffles me that people get upset for other people, when it doesn’t even affect them. Outrage for outrage sake.
  • ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

And why are we as Spectators complaining about the rules that the Competitors have to go through on their behalf? Just baffles me that people get upset for other people, when it doesn’t even affect them. Outrage for outrage sake.
    This is a bad analogy. Just like a sports game, fans may get frustrated due to biased refereeing, this is the same here.
    ItsDamien said:

I get that, and sure, maybe the participants love the combination of spite and not being able to parry.

But there’s also the factor that participants would be unlikely to come forward and say the nodes are bad so to not come across as a sore loser.

You have to agree, we didn’t come to watch a competition that could be decided on whether the AI decided to throw a special over a 3 second window. There is always some luck involved in sport, how a ball bounces for example. But when there’s too much luck, it becomes less about skill and that’s what people are picking up on.

You may not think this competition has crossed the line of too much luck, but a lot do. And it’s not as interesting to spectate on when someone loses due to bad luck.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

This is a bad analogy. Just like a sports game, fans may get frustrated due to biased refereeing, this is the same here.
    How is it biased refereeing when it affects both sides equally? That doesn’t make sense.

ItsDamien said:

I get that, and sure, maybe the participants love the combination of spite and not being able to parry.

But there’s also the factor that participants would be unlikely to come forward and say the nodes are bad so to not come across as a sore loser.

You have to agree, we didn’t come to watch a competition that could be decided on whether the AI decided to throw a special over a 3 second window. There is always some luck involved in sport, how a ball bounces for example. But when there’s too much luck, it becomes less about skill and that’s what people are picking up on.

You may not think this competition has crossed the line of too much luck, but a lot do. And it’s not as interesting to spectate on when someone loses due to bad luck.
    Again a lot of that is down to subjectivity though. Spectators can’t assume what the players feel about a certain thing. Just as much as it’s down to an individual whether they enjoy spectating a thing. I haven’t watched any of the showdown because frankly MCOC content is like watching paint dry for me as an individual, but someone else might find it as exciting as a UFC fight. But in both those scenarios there’s very little point in being upset about something that doesn’t affect the individual person. That’s all really. Maybe it’s the autistic side in me that doesn’t see the logic behind being upset on someone else’s behalf.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

How is it biased refereeing when it affects both sides equally? That doesn’t make sense.

ItsDamien said:

Again a lot of that is down to subjectivity though. Spectators can’t assume what the players feel about a certain thing. Just as much as it’s down to an individual whether they enjoy spectating a thing. I haven’t watched any of the showdown because frankly MCOC content is like watching paint dry for me as an individual, but someone else might find it as exciting as a UFC fight. But in both those scenarios there’s very little point in being upset about something that doesn’t affect the individual person. That’s all really. Maybe it’s the autistic side in me that doesn’t see the logic behind being upset on someone else’s behalf.
    Sure, but I can imagine how I’d feel if I was in a tournament like this and I lost because the AI decided to throw an sp3 when I’d been baiting since an sp1. Especially with as high as the stakes are and what the rewards are
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Who is outraged? I mostly see people voicing their dislike with the event.

Mr.Negative.
    Bingo!
    No...way

Mr.Negative.
    Bingo!
    No...way
    I know! I barely ever mention him