Options

Kabam should raise the cost of GGCs to at least 500 units

LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
edited November 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
After watching @BrianGrant video on unit farming with new alt account,
Kabam should increase the cost of GGCs.
In fact a level restriction of Level 35+..
That should also be the minimum requirements for any account to be eligible for gifting events.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    People are losing their minds over this, so what if someone who has no life and has nothing better to do than run multiple acts to gain units in order to gift? If its all their own work and no bots were involved then good luck to them.
    All I will say to them is that there is a world out there and grinding multiple accts for hours on end in a mobile game isn't the healthiest of past times.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,325 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

I've been saving for months. That'd be unfair because it raises the cost with the thought in head that EVERYONE will make an alt and play the said 6 hrs, so everyone gets +2k units.

Level restriction fine, no problems. But cost punishes the wrong ppl.

6 hours? You could have just collected the Platinpool stuff for some free thousands of Units.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,745 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    WOLF_LINK said:

Kerneas said:

I've been saving for months. That'd be unfair because it raises the cost with the thought in head that EVERYONE will make an alt and play the said 6 hrs, so everyone gets +2k units.

Level restriction fine, no problems. But cost punishes the wrong ppl.

6 hours? You could have just collected the Platinpool stuff for some free thousands of Units.
    I did, got 450 units. But now we're talking about Brian Grant getting 2k guaranteed units for 6 hrs of playtime on new alt. My point is, there is no reason to increase the cost based on this new alt phenomenon, because by far not every player is gonna do it, so increasing the cost of ggc by 60% would punish f2p who dont make alts, and thats a lot of players

Edit: 450 outta the 17 crystals
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Here we go again. The whole point lies around just one speculation that people can gain. It doesn't mean everyone will gain. What you're asking is kabam punish everyone just because some people grinded more, instead of rewarding those who grinded.
  • Options
    Don't believe everything you read or hear on the internet. BG just shared a point of view. Everyone does not have the time to grind that much. He may have the time. Others don't. People have a life outside the game too.
  • Options
    A level restriction of 35 would also be a bit defeatist as this gifting, along with the revamped Acts 1-4 is one of the ways that Kabam attract new players. How would you, a new player, react to seeing adverts to MCoC, downloading it and then being told that Christmas is cancelled because you're too low a level? My reaction would likely be to delete the game lvl35 was the minimum level. Bearing in mind that with the reduced fights for Act 4, lv35 is probably close to Act 4 completion or exploration at this stage.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    LordPSN said:

That should also be the minimum requirements for any account to be eligible for gifting events.

Level restriction: Fair point
    Cost increase : What are you, drunk!?
  • Options
    PocketNerdPocketNerd Posts: 43
    Dumb question, what's GGC?
  • Options
    Deuce2180Deuce2180 Posts: 121
    LordPSN said:

Give over. People playing the game is what they want if people want to do it let them. Not sure why your not doing it yourself? It doesn't hurt the game at all. Players mean the game keeps going.
  • Options
    BlueWolf209BlueWolf209 Posts: 48
    I think you should leave everything as is it’s not fair that people who play the game without cheating get penalized for the people that do. I have been playing this game for a few months now and I’m kind of excited to see what this gifting event is all about, however if you raise the level requirement I don’t think I will be able to get to that level required to participate in the gifting event and 300 units seems to be costly enough. There’s got to be a better way to wave out the cheaters
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★

Dumb question, what's GGC?

Greater gifting crystal. A limited-time item you can gift other players during the gifting event, which happens in December.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    As I am watching his stream BG has said that if he went all out on this he could (and perhaps this is generous) get 10k units a day. For the next 45 days. When someone is earning units in the realms of 100s of thousands, increasing the price of the GGC (and punishing all the players who can't afford to bot/spend their life grinding baby accounts) will do nill. A level 35 restriction is also not fun for anyone.

To be completely honest, I think it's fine if people use this strategy on their alts or create a new account. I'm all for everybody getting an extra few GGCs.

I hope that Kabam can come up with a different solution, most likely one with a double standard. Must be level 35 OR your account has to be older than x. Smt like that.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,325 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

As I am watching his stream BG has said that if he went all out on this he could (and perhaps this is generous) get 10k units a day. For the next 45 days. When someone is earning units in the realms of 100s of thousands, increasing the price of the GGC (and punishing all the players who can't afford to bot/spend their life grinding baby accounts) will do nill. A level 35 restriction is also not fun for anyone.

To be completely honest, I think it's fine if people use this strategy on their alts or create a new account. I'm all for everybody getting an extra few GGCs.

I hope that Kabam can come up with a different solution, most likely one with a double standard. Must be level 35 OR your account has to be older than x. Smt like that.

Or they add „Multi-Accounts are not allowed“ in their TOS and ban everyone breaking TOS after a generous deadline. Like many other games which have such a rule.

And then you can thank the people who are abusing it.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,768 ★★★★★
    Or just cap it at like, 100 crystals gifted on an account.

That way it would work for both "exploits", farming and money
  • Options

Or just cap it at like, 100 crystals gifted on an account.

That way it would work for both "exploits", farming and money

They won't. That limits the money they earn from whales.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Kabam should test their content before release other than even thinking on raising anything.
    New season of AQ is a scam