Options

Guilly Thread: Why doesn't come up at newest?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,280 ★★★★★

No one disputes that they have always had the ability to manually force a thread to fade away. We are asking why they felt it was necessary for this one. It wasn't some obscure post being artificially "bumped" by a single forum participant or small rogue group of disgruntled players. It was a massive thread that many many players were actively commenting/giving feedback on.

I'm curious as to what your own personal opinion is on this. Do you personally believe that the topic of Guillotine, the community vote event, her update, the community feedback on said update and Kabam's response to said feedback is an irrelevant or outdated topic?

Well, you would have to ask the Mod who was responsible for it, and I have my doubts they're going to detail their decisions.
    As for my opinion, it's been well-documented that people aren't happy with it. They've posted where they're at with it, and how they're monitoring her. The Thread is now the same people commenting on it for the most part. There have been ideas shared and I'm sure they were passed along. So is it time to move on? Yep. There isn't much else that can be said that hasn't been said.
  • Options
    Regardless, Moderators have Threads bookmarked whether they push to the top or not, so it's not as if bumping them will get them more noticed or not.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Regardless, Moderators have Threads bookmarked whether they push to the top or not, so it's not as if bumping them will get them more noticed or not.

Just makes them harder to find for everyone else…
    We can bookmark our own if we choose.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

No one disputes that they have always had the ability to manually force a thread to fade away. We are asking why they felt it was necessary for this one. It wasn't some obscure post being artificially "bumped" by a single forum participant or small rogue group of disgruntled players. It was a massive thread that many many players were actively commenting/giving feedback on.

I'm curious as to what your own personal opinion is on this. Do you personally believe that the topic of Guillotine, the community vote event, her update, the community feedback on said update and Kabam's response to said feedback is an irrelevant or outdated topic?

Well, you would have to ask the Mod who was responsible for it, and I have my doubts they're going to detail their decisions.
    As for my opinion, it's been well-documented that people aren't happy with it. They've posted where they're at with it, and how they're monitoring her. The Thread is now the same people commenting on it for the most part. There have been ideas shared and I'm sure they were passed along. So is it time to move on? Yep. There isn't much else that can be said that hasn't been said.
    As you say, “the thread is the same people commenting on it for the most part”

If the thread slips down the recently commented list, it won’t get seen/found. So the only people getting the notification will be those who already commented.

Then you likely get another person creating a similar thread, as they haven’t seen and won’t be aware that this thread exists. You then get mods deleting ‘duplicate’ threads, or that person being heavily criticised for creating a thread that already exists.

And the vicious circle continues.

If they want to try and ‘silence’ topics fair enough, it’s their forum. But at least have some consultancy LOL
  • Options
    And yet nobody paid attention to the fact that yesterday afternoon the latest posts in that main thread DID INDEED get it bumped up the thread list again.

It was like mid afternoon yesterday, and at the time was back on first page of posts.
    Since then, no further additions, so now it's like on page 5 or 6, but still in-line with all the other posts from that same time.

And bearing in mind, there was like 10 of the recent comments over there that strictly had to do with “why not getting bumped”, instead of continuing discussion of the actual Guilly changes. Which is why some of those comments probably were removed (was not adding anything new to the Guilly changes discussion).

So, yes, probably most all the feedback about her changes that people have wanted to say has already been said. And Kabam has indeed heard the feedback, but as they have already commented at one point, it is how they wanted her to be now.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

but as they have already commented at one point, it is how they wanted her to be now.

Where's that post at ?
  • Options

but as they have already commented at one point, it is how they wanted her to be now.

Where's that post at ?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/286598/community-choice-buff-guillotine-clarification-live-ama-with-a-very-special-kabam-dev/p1
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

Where's that post at ?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/286598/community-choice-buff-guillotine-clarification-live-ama-with-a-very-special-kabam-dev/p1
    Wrong thread. Pretty sure folks are talking about the original discussion portion of the original announcement of her update?
  • Options

Where's that post at ?
    Wrong thread. Pretty sure folks are talking about the original discussion portion of the original announcement of her update?
    The OP asked where the Thread was that indicated they were happy with the majority of her kit. The discussion has also moved there.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

Where's that post at ?
    The OP asked where the Thread was that indicated they were happy with the majority of her kit. The discussion has also moved there.
    That thread was closed after the AMA ended days ago iirc.
  • Options

Where's that post at ?
    Right. So we've had ongoing discussions, a conversation with an actual Dev, and the Thread is still open but not bumping. I fail to see what the issue is.
  • Options
    JeffdamenJeffdamen Posts: 35

Where's that post at ?
    Right. So we've had ongoing discussions, a conversation with an actual Dev, and the Thread is still open but not bumping. I fail to see what the issue is.
    The problem is that the players are extremely unhappy and preferred her original state, the Dev avoided all the relevant questions and Kabam is refusing to actually change her back to usable because "We think she's all right".
  • Options
    Jeffdamen said:

Where's that post at ?
    The problem is that the players are extremely unhappy and preferred her original state, the Dev avoided all the relevant questions and Kabam is refusing to actually change her back to usable because "We think she's all right".
    I have no control over their views. I'm speaking on the discussions themselves.
  • Options
    JeffdamenJeffdamen Posts: 35
    Not only that but Kabam then go on to show graphs that literally show her regeneration is worse and instead of giving her any usable utility Kabam john goes on to say outright that they won't change her, basically showing what they think of the player base and their opinions as a whole
  • Options
    RanunculusRanunculus Posts: 73
    The original issue seems to be fixed. Thanks, Kabam!
  • Options
    Hey guys, as it's already been pointed out by @SummonerNR and @Ranunculus that the thread in question is appearing normally after a comment has been posted, it would seem that whatever caused your concerns in this instance has been resolved.

To clarify, Forum Moderators do have the ability to remove threads. We also have the ability to stop threads from bumping back to the top of Recent Discussions after a comment has been posted.

If a thread is removed or prevented from bumping back up, it's because the Moderator felt it was the best thing to do in that particular situation. This is not something which is up for discussion or debate and it's not something which needs to be publicly justified, as was suggested earlier in the thread.

In future, if you have concerns like this or would like information about a particular discussion, I recommend reaching out to a Forum Moderator via Private Message.

This is a place to engage with each other and discuss the game constructively. It's somewhere you can connect with other members of the community and help each other out. It's also somewhere you can share constructive feedback and any improvement suggestions you may have to help make The Contest a better place. However, it's not somewhere to discuss how we moderate these Forums.
This discussion has been closed.