Options

Kinda sorta serious question to all fellow quakers

Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
Have you ever had a fight or 2, where you're dealing with a large health pool, and there's no real node you need to pay attention to while quaking, have you ever started to drift to sleep and then get smacked in the face? Or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I just can’t quake for very long. My fingers just don’t do what I want them to do lol
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,576 ★★★★★
    I tend to slip up once or so with longer fights. Happens with quake or any champ.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    I've been worried about it, but never actually have
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Sometimes after quaking for long I start thinking of other things and let muscle memory do the stuff.
  • Options
    kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    Sometimes for a long fight I can just go on autopilot and it all comes naturally. Sometimes I forget how to move my hands.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    My problem is that the screen of my phone gets too hot after awhile, so the swipes aren't as precise, which leads to errors.

But as far as being mentally locked in, I try to guess how many combos the AI attempts to do or what kind of basic attacks they do. It's kind of fun trying to anticipate it, to see if I'm right, and it helps me stay focused.

On that note, I have noticed a change in AI over the past few months. Before a few months ago, the AI would only attempt about 2 combos. About every stun cycle, the AI would go back to its own corner and hold block at least for a few seconds. This never happens anymore. The AI instead attempts about 3 combos everytime and never does it go back to its own corner to hold block anymore.
  • Options
    SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★
    I fall asleep all the time, during arena fights. It's only for a few seconds here and there, but sure is panic inducing when you reawaken to find your health bar has been seriously depleted, and you know you've gotta keep that streak alive.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I don’t Quake anymore In content, only AW and in AW I have full focus. But when I used to quake general content I would look at my other phone and do other things while quakeing
  • Options
    I quaked a lot back in the day, but now I have other champions that finish the fight so much faster, and 400k healthpools in act 7 is a very long time to quake, so I just choose to not use her anymore 😪
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I schedule deaths during my quaking.
  • Options
    kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 428 ★★★
    Xva23 said:

Have you ever had a fight or 2, where you're dealing with a large health pool, and there's no real node you need to pay attention to while quaking, have you ever started to drift to sleep and then get smacked in the face? Or is it just me?

I quaked Acid Wash Mysterio in Act 6 before they swapped it to King Groot. Didn't have 5* man thing or sasquatch so she was my only other viable option. Note, magneto buff was not live then as well. But on that fight I am fully focused.

That being said, I do occasionally drift my eyes and drowsed off when I quake in arenas lol
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

I don’t Quake anymore In content, only AW and in AW I have full focus. But when I used to quake general content I would look at my other phone and do other things while quakeing

arent u the guy who wrote quake manual?
    Yes I am